Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Approved Member

I am with dvddxr 100%. I also pirated the game first and bought it later (it actually arrived today, ordered it the Friday before). I do not regret buying it because firstly, it was cheap (£16 on dvd.co.uk) and second because this kind of game deserves to be supported, I don't want to live in a world where there's only Gears of Wars and Halos. But yeah, I am very disappointed with 1C/Action Forms' support
Old 05-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvddxr View Post
I registered just to comment on this..

I pirated the game and because I liked it so much AND based on the fact that I checked out the forums and heard a patch was on the way I went out and bought a legal copy.

Never again will I buy a 1C game if this is how you treat paying customers.

I should have just kept my money and played the cracked game.
This.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:40 AM
Approved Member

Be it Kings Bounty The Legend, Men of War or Cryostasis: 1C support is slow, unresponsive, not listening to user reports and requests and actual bug reports are discarded as minor issues of a select few.

Kings Bounty Legend suffers from repeated crash issues related to Vista DEP and DirectX. This has not been fixed although it is a known issue and a real stopper since almost half a year.

Men of War Patch 1.11.3 has been delayed like nearly 2 months again and again although it was ready because internal communication and developer relation management obviously are not managed as well as they could be. Players needs and wishes played no role.

and now Cryostasis - while sure a good game this whole tech demo discussion is a bit strange. Why a tech demo if the game does not have the same effects? Probably on Nvidia's request though. The exclusive deal with EVGA however is outrageous as it discriminates proper retail customers over EVGA customers.

This is a punch in the face. I for one will certainly think twice before I buy another 1C product again!
Old 05-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

maybe we should all just pirod 1C games until they learn to acturally start caring about the users. Once they dont make anymore sales they will do something about it. If not then they deserve to go bust
Old 05-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

Or it may just be possible that they're a small publisher working with small development houses, and that the scale of operations means that complex projects like patches simply take longer - QA in particular. EVGA probably paid some money to get an exclusive patch out the door; money from that could very easily go toward funding work on a patch that incorporates better performance and bug fixes in addition to the added physics effects.

The allure of 4chan RAEG is strong, but remaining levelheaded is definitely the way to go.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreonTrip View Post
Or it may just be possible that they're a small publisher working with small development houses, and that the scale of operations means that complex projects like patches simply take longer - QA in particular. EVGA probably paid some money to get an exclusive patch out the door; money from that could very easily go toward funding work on a patch that incorporates better performance and bug fixes in addition to the added physics effects.

The allure of 4chan RAEG is strong, but remaining levelheaded is definitely the way to go.
I would bet a months salary that NVIDIA paid for the development of the PHYSX patch - not 1C.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

So, when will we see this patch?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

Soon
Old 05-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

I am also waiting for the patch. I only played the demo, and the full game is installed now, but I haven't really started it yet. I will get into the full version of the game as soon as the patch is available.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
I am also waiting for the patch. I only played the demo, and the full game is installed now, but I haven't really started it yet. I will get into the full version of the game as soon as the patch is available.
This.

I'll bet it will come out early next month. I'll bet the EVGA thing is for this month only.