Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

Default Noob mage

Hello guys,

I hope you won't bash me for creating another thread for mage. I have tried to get through guides here but they are for impossible mage and the tips you guys give seems very usefull but for experiance players.

I am just playing normal (mage and I got myself to 4th iseland but now I have big problems, big problems getting medals (achivements)

I believe my build is not right and army composition as well. I have uploaded my save and would appreciate if anyone can have a look as explaining my army, skills, items, spells would make this post very long.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XY1N7LW3

well so far I understood that I should get royal snakes and inquisitors as fast as possible, should not get pet dragon to high so I can use it more often, should use palladins, but in my game I could find only 3 in tent guarded by guy on horse, as well I should use bots, the dwarf on Bolo has them I saw (but no money to buy them atm)

so basicly I would like to know, when I start from begining again (Norml) what build I should go for, what army I should go for and what tactic I should use to get no/minimal losses at begining of the game explained for compleate beginner

again sorry for creating another thread about it

PS. in meanwhile trying to learn as much from impossible threads on forum
Old 10-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

There will be more human troops available on Debir (in castle and the nearby monastery) when you obtain the second, fourth and sixth stones.

Go to Bolo and sneak! You can lure enemies away, then run around to grab the non-map treasures they are guarding. You can kite your way to the amulet in the mines on Bolo (1 boss, 3 minions wandering about). Remember to use the amulet before returning it to the priestess in Debir!

That will get you the second stone (you get the first for free when you arrived), so you will have more paladins to hire.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

royal snakes are on debir in the house with a guy asking you to clear his basement. After you do it, he will sell snakes. Beware thou, there are lot of snakes in the basement I'd go kitting a bit before taking the quest, if you want no losses there.
also, divide inquisitors into two stacks so you can ressurect them in the end and cast that holly anger more times to get rage for your pet. Use stoneskin A LOT, get rid of enemy archers first and bla bla. if you have higher level units than enemy archers, you can cast fear on them (if you got it early in the game) otherwise try to burn them asap, especially plants.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Approved Member

Thanks guys, I have read many posts here and started from begining. I have managed to do the sneak but did not use the stone. (but it is only +50 leadership right?)

I managed to find some paladins and got droids and inquisitors, after that first island was easy.

now I am lev 11, hawe guard bots, 2 stacks of repair bots, palas, and inquisitors) have managed to get 50 wins without the loss so (+1000 leadership)

I have managed to kite map for verona, but that is it, I can't kite any map there.

I as well was looking for mage build (skillwise) and I think I have messed it up a bit, I have order 1, chaos 2, distortion 1, alchemy 3 (as I have read that crystals are rare), destroyer 1, and wisdom 1 and linguistic 1. I have put 1 point in resistence and now I lack 4 red runes for chaos 3 but I thought it will be ok since I have gladiator sword that will give 10 runes (13 more fights)

in mind I have scouting 1, holy avanger 1 and prayer 2 (my paladins have 50% crit )

now 3 islands are cleared (except boss on Bolo, and 1 map guardian on Scarlet), trying to go through 4th map monsters, unfortunatelly I could not find troll in Verona, and I can't kite any map there. I am affraid I will have to start from begining.

My new save if someone wants to have a look and share some ideas:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OEK426A0
Old 10-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

There is no point in investing in Alchemy so much when you cannot upgrade your spells.
It is really important to have Level 3 of all magic schools as fast as possible to have a few "best" spells without investing a lot of crystals.
For example, Level 3 of healing, stoneskin and Fear are really useful.
The same with resurrection, all summoning and damaging spells (not worth casting on low levels).
You will find lots of crystals on every island so they will be enough before Alchemy will be useful.

Destroyer is not a good idea until you want to get to higher magic.
(or later in the game when you have really high intellect)

Try to invest some runes in mana recharging abilities (concentration or transmute)

Generally, remember to kill weaker stacks on every island and then go back to tougher ones. Do not fight with enemies where you will get heavy losses.

Check list of overpowered tricks. There are many you may find useful.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

at this point of the game, meaning clearing 4th Island and access to 3 more should I already go for red dragon tactic ( I can hire them on one island) or I should go for trolls?