Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 10-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post
which bonuses do you think are overpowered?
I think the solution is simple:

one 1. "fun" basic version of the mod - as in your proposal,

and second 2. more "hardcore" version,

I think IMHO (some bonuses was even lowered vs original):

Skill Changes:

MIGHT
Heroism: +1,+2,+3 Attack (was +1, +3, +6)
Resistance: +1, +3, +5 Defense (was +1, +3, +5)
Anger: 20%, 30%/+1, 50%/+2 Rage Increase/Maximum Rage (was 20%,40%,60% rage flow increase)
The Power of Darkness: +1, +3/1, +5/2 Attack AND Defense/Initiative of all Undead (was +3, +5/1, +7/2 Attack/Initiative)
Bloodlust: +5, +10/+1, +15/+2 Maximum Rage/Attack (was +5,+10,+15 maximum rage)

Counter-Attack: now in the Might Tree. Level 2 and 3 now give no retaliation ability to all allies for the 1st/2nd round.

MIND
Prayer: +3%, +5%/+1, +7%/+2 Critical Chance/Defense (was +3%,+5%,+7% Critical Chance)
Absolute Balance: +4, +8/+1, +12/+2 Mana and Rage/Attack and Defense (was +4,+8,+12 Mana and Rage)
Dragon Voice: +1, +1/+2, +2/+4 Morale to animals and dragons/Increases Maximum Rage (was +1,+1,+2 Morale)
Trophy now costs only 5,5,5 mind runes, not 5+1,5+1,5+1 mind+magic runes

Holy Armor: now in the Mind Tree. Increases the magic, fire, poison and astral resistance with 30%, 30%, 50% for the first 1,2,2 rounds.

MAGIC
Linguistics: +1, +3, +5 Intellect (was +1, +3, +6 Intellect)
Order Magic: +0, +2, +4 Maximum Scrolls (was with no scolls bonus)
Distortion Magic: +0, +1, +2 Maximum Mana and Scrolls (was with no mana/scrolls bonus)
Chaos Magic: +0, +2, +4 Maximum Mana (was witn no mana bonus)
Thesis: +1/+5, +2/+10, +3/+15 Intellect/Maximum Mana (was +2/+7, +4/+14, +6/+21 Intellect/Maximum Mana)

Mega Mage: Now slows down all enemies and reduces their initiative for the first 1/2/2 rounds with -1/0, -2/0, -2/-1 speed/initiative
Old 10-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

I dont get your point. You want to weaken the heroes from the original game? Why? You can simply not use your runes and buy only level 1 or 2 from a skill if you want to be hard.

One of the reasons I created this was of course for fun. But I have asked myself while playing the original AP why the skills dont offer equal possibilities for the three aspects of the game: Attack, Defense and Intellect or why mana and rage are always insufficient. When I played as warrior often did I this mistake to upgrade a dragon skill with demands over my rage skill or I have cursed the game because I only needed mana for one more spell after 30 or 40 rounds of playing for a final resurrection and I had to replay the fight which at the end become boring. Or why the scrolls are so limited and I had to run to a castle to sell not needed scrolls so I can buy another I need and sometimes this takes hours if I have to travel between islands (some scrolls are very expensive and you always need some extra money). So at the end I raised Attack and Defense adding some extra points to them to the level Intellect can be raised from the original rules. Added some more mana and rage (+21 points actually, which is exactly one middle level spell - if you have noticed much of the enemy heroes in OOTM have 250-300 mana points and you have only 60 or 70)

About the Polish version:
the language file I edited is in English, this could be the only problem. This mod cannot crash in the middle of the game. The files that are edited either work from the beggining or dont work. And these work just fine. I finished 2 games with it. So Enjoy it

Last edited by The Rider; 10-13-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

My main benefit from KB is strategic planning, development of hero, tactical solutions of battles, thinking how to wise use all available runes, equipment, crystals etc. without abil. lvl limitations for most effective final result - but without any "cheating". With cheating the game quickly losing any fun.

You significantly powered the hero (for fun) with fine new powerful skills and abilities, and with simultaneously notably raising the values of basic Attack, Def, Int, Mana, Rage - but it is good for not very experienced "fast" KB players I think. Therefore, I even lowered values of the original basic bonuses to balance the whole gameplay with your mod for experienced players. But it is only my proposition, you are the author of your very interesting mod.

Last edited by marcinl0; 10-13-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcinl0 View Post
My main benefit from KB is strategic planning, development of hero, tactical solutions of battles, thinking how to wise use all available runes, equipment, crystals etc. without abil. lvl limitations for most effective final result - but without any "cheating". With cheating the game quickly losing any fun
What planning are you talking about?!, everyone who ever did the no loss used the same lineup, the same general equipment (changing it from time to time to face a specific unit). If you weaken the hero you will end up using the same line ups but will only take more rounds to do it. There will be no significant change to your game play just a longer game.

Now more to the point i played until lvl 18 with this mod. First thing i did i stopped digging all the treasures from the battle are with my dragon(only when it was convenient) what a relief (getting so bored with that). Significant stronger hero, more mana at the end of the fights which means less time waiting for it to regenerate. Most battle now last 5-10 rounds. Not using any paladins, inquisitors (just great so tired of these units). I'll see how strong the hero really is when i hit verona. Currently i'm using rune mage, archmage and green dragon (for the trap medal).
The moral bonus is also great, but i suggest to receive the bonus only for all human, all orcs etc, without neutrals (most power units are neutrals and with the archmege and rune mage they make a very strong line up). Currently i have the maximum morale for this unit (except dragon).

p.s. using mage hero

Last edited by yujy; 10-14-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Added some more mana and rage (+21 points actually, which is exactly one middle level spell - if you have noticed much of the enemy heroes in OOTM have 250-300 mana points and you have only 60 or 70)

About the Polish version:
the language file I edited is in English, this could be the only problem. This mod cannot crash in the middle of the game. The files that are edited either work from the beggining or dont work. And these work just fine. I finished 2 games with it. So Enjoy it
THX

So true man about that mana. I think U should give even more mana than this - 21. I played as mage and at the end of the game when I was puttin everything in increasing my mana count, that mana was only 175 point high! That was so frustrating when enemy heroes had about 300 and even 400 mana! So I strongly advise U to change this in that mod. Or just tell me where I can change it in that file. I also think that runes count after gettin level up should be higher, or at least more fair, for ex. not 0 red, 1 green and 3 blue as U could get after 50th level. I hope that U didnt forget to NOT decrease that runes count after 50th level?

PS Did U thought about modding an artifact in game? Im dreaming about artifact gaveing +3 morale to every unit (incl. dragons!) and some extra (ex. +1 to all stats And why the hell I cant hire red dragons in KBCW? In greater numbers than about 8 in that game?

Last edited by ICECOOL; 10-14-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yujy View Post
What planning are you talking about?!, everyone who ever did the no loss used the same lineup, the same general equipment (changing it from time to time to face a specific unit). If you weaken the hero you will end up using the same line ups but will only take more rounds to do it. There will be no significant change to your game play just a longer game.
I disagree with "everyone who ever did the no loss used the same lineup, the same general equipment". I finished KBAP many times with different heroes and with different equipment, especially sets - this was the main pleasure to plan the usage of various sets and final efficiency. For example, with paladin hero I prefer basically inquisitor set with live units, for mage dead set etc. Always different.

Really, if you like fast gameplay - maximum powered, not balanced mod is for you. KB series is generally rather too easy, especially in late game, even on impossible difficulty - so the end of gameplay is fast.

I finally repeat: I think the solution is simple: more versions of this fine mod:

1. "for fun" basic version of the mod, as in first post,

2. totally overpowered version (even vs basic v.) for "fast & for fun" players (notably more mana total 300-400 etc.),

3. more "hardcore" version, for example as I proposed, for experienced, strategic, not only "for fun" players.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

marcinl0, I still dont get your point, so I have to ask you something. Are you sure you know the basics of KB? Can you tell me how you can reach 300-400 mana with your hero?

This mod raises your mana with 21 in difference with the original rules. Again if you want hardcore version, play with the original rules and dont raise your skills on level 3, I have done this, playing only with skills level 1 and 2. I will not change anything you suggest, because my objective was different than yours (which I still dont understand). The only thing that comes in my mind is that maybe you think your hero can raise her attributes with 18 each, or adding 90 more mana and rage (these are the new values, not extra bonuses), which is not the case, read again the description.

I will change the morale file of the units, removing the neutral creatures bonus I wanted more morale for trolls and cyclops and I didnt count that dragons are still neutral and they are buffed by voice of the dragon skill. Just download again the file and install the mod. It doesnt need a fresh game start.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Can you tell me how you can reach 300-400 mana with your hero?
Basic thing, because maybe not all of us fully understand the basics of KB. Mana= 300-400 is absolutely not needed to Amelia hero, because in battle there are many various tactical possibilities of mana gain (spell, abilities, special units etc. etc.) - enemy hero NOT have these possibilities at all. Therefore, mana 300-400 for enemy hero is balanced, but for Amelia not.

Simply: I see a problem with your interesting mod to balance the whole gameplay - especially in late game, even on impossible difficulty, therefore game become "boring".

Why you don't want to create more versions of your interesting mod (1. fun basic, 2. overpowered with mana=400, 3. hardcore strategic) as proposed - and all of us would be satisfied.

Last edited by marcinl0; 10-14-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Approved Member

Yes, but instead of useing i.e. spell that transfer Ur rage into mana, U use spell that U normally use in battle - therefore - U dont "waste" Ur spell turn.

EDIT
****! I started to play with that mod, choose warrior and I dont have counterattack skill!! Same problem is with paladin - I dont have holy armor skill! WTF?!

Last edited by ICECOOL; 10-16-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Question

Quote:

Warrior class:
Might Runes: 3% Chance for 2 Might Runes (~18 might runes for the whole game)
Mind Runes: 3% Chance for 3 Mind Runes (~27 mind runes for the whole game)
Magic Runes: 5% Chance for 4 Magic Runes (~60 magic runes for the whole game)
Thank you for your great mod, but if you don't mind i'm gonna edit your mod only for my pleasure i don't want redistribute your work under my name, would be pretty disgusting, so don't be afraid...

i've found already the string that responsible for random runes after battle, but I'm still looking for the "~XX Y runes for the whole game" string. I would ask respectfully for the string that i'm looking for. That would be definitely saved my day

Thank you for advance.

Cheers, Ocsisajt.

Last edited by ocsisajt; 10-19-2010 at 09:54 AM.