Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Death to Spies

Death to Spies Stealth action. Professional spy working for the Soviet counterintelligence service executes dangerous operations in the heart of German territory.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

Default suggestion for expansion or next game

The game is really good, but if you are going to make expansion, or death to spies 2, please consider adding the following features:

- Option to command lower rank enemy soldiers. For example, if i took officers uniform, I can tell a lower rank enemy to go somewhere, or just salute me, or follow me into an empty room where I can kill him

- Map editor maybe? there was never editor in a stealth game, not in commandos, not in hitman, and im sure many players miss this thing.
Are you planning to release the tools which you made the game?
Old 10-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

Default Re: suggestion for expansion or next game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeev
- Option to command lower rank enemy soldiers. For example, if i took officers uniform, I can tell a lower rank enemy to go somewhere, or just salute me, or follow me into an empty room where I can kill him :D
Hehe. I like this idea.

Even bigger levels, maybe make it easier to shoot your way out of a situation, drivable boats/helis would be nice aswell (well, these might be in the game, I've only seen a few levels--drivable truck and motorbike).
Old 10-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

I think its a bit early to be suggesting the content of DTS2, it has only been out for a couple of weeks A map and mission editor would be useful to keep the DTS community interested in the game. Cannot see the point of ordering around your enemy troops if you swap uniform, far better to kill 'em all , which you can do any way, even if you have the same uniform as them. No way would I like to see attack Helicopters (they did not exist in WWII) in this game. Boats might be appropriate depending on the type of mission.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Approved Member

The things I would most like to see at this point (so early in the playing process) would be an improvment to closing/opening doors. It's a frustrating zone around doors to be able to close one quickly. Just a pet peeve I guess. The other thing I'd like to see for added immersion would be some Enemy dialogues going on when you're close enough to hear. Combined with some more animations indicating talking amongst soldiers or officers chewing out underlings and the like. That would add some nice immersion that is currently lacking.

Otherwise, I guess bigger levels is always nice. I'd rather have more fully robust same sized levels. The Academy level is rather poorly done IMO. It's got alot of buildings but none are enterable. I'd think civilizans or at least low level soldiers would occupy those, and maybe I'd want to hide in one, or look for weapons or ammo.
Some more ammunition/weapon dumps around on levels would be nice too. There are plenty of weapon crates around in storage rooms, but no weapons (or few here and there).

All these things are minor though and I'm very pleased with the game as is. Most of the levels are fantastic. Even the one mission I didn't like wasn't that bad, and was relatively quick to get through.

I'd love to see a DtS2. Maybe do one from the German, British or American perspective.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv
Helicopters (they did not exist in WWII)
Yes, they did. But I didn't necessarily mean for a WW2 setting sequel, I think the gameplay of this game could exist in pretty much any 'time'--and the smersh fiction could easily be expanded outside the 40s.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv
Helicopters (they did not exist in WWII)
Yes, they did. But I didn't necessarily mean for a WW2 setting sequel, I think the gameplay of this game could exist in pretty much any 'time'--and the smersh fiction could easily be expanded outside the 40s.
As I said, ATTACK helicopters did not exist in WWII, there was the German Flettner, but that was a fairly unreliable observation/medivac copter. The Brits just had autogiros which were of very little use, same with the Russians and US.

The SMERSH theme would work well in a Cold War scenario though, I agree.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv
As I said, ATTACK helicopters did not exist in WWII, there was the German Flettner, but that was a fairly unreliable observation/medivac copter. The Brits just had autogiros which were of very little use, same with the Russians and US.
Yeah, I clearly changed the parameter back to my original statement, which was just "helis".
Old 10-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Approved Member

i think expansion already in progress, found this screens on some russian site...

http://www.dtf.ru/project/gallery.php?id=995
Old 10-08-2007, 06:34 AM
Approved Member

Nice Pics
Old 10-08-2007, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

The sequel is already in the process! Stayt tuned.