Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

I was also flying il2 since beta. I didn´t have a pc that could run it those days, so I flew at my schoolmate's pc only with mouse and keyboard. I enjoyed the whole series and I think it is a pity it came to this solution just in the time the engine started to be more and more polished and hardware friendly.

When I look back to the hundreds of hours in the series, I might try out the 1946 just for the nostalgy. It is a great sim and only COD outperformed it. Unfortunately the sequels will have a hard time.

Thank you and the whole team, with Oleg in the first place, for the best sim ever, and for us, who started the real simming on il2, even the best sim forever.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

Dear Ilya!

Like many others here I also remember the day I fired up that IL2 Demo and took off in my 109 with a big grin on my face. I realized right after the take off that this was the best flight simulator I had ever tried after playing most sims that where released since the Spectrum days...

And unlike you I just reaped the fruits of what you and the team later did over the years to produce an amazing series with a staggering number of wonderful flyable aircraft and locations... Thanks a LOT for bringing that joy to the rest of us!

The CloD project really hurts as there is so much potential in this game and just as the gem was starting to shine through more and more the project got axed. The comparison to Falcon 4 is very easy to do... You tried to give us the ultimate simulator with blood, sweat and probably tears but the project finally got so complex it killed your business. So sad.

I hope that CloD one day will be remembered the same way as F4 - a monumental simulator at least 10 years ahead of it's time. It's just sad that you could not get the confidence from 1C to continue the project. As much as I like RoF and hope that they succeed it's simply just one of the best sims out there. It does not have that F4 buggy "wow" feeling around it like CloD...

As a fellow manager in the IT business that have gone through a lot of insane projects myself I also realize all the sleepless nights and mornings waking up with emails in the phone about new problems that everyone thought where solved the late evening before... And investors and other managers chasing you every week with demands for progress reports and budget cuts etc.

Good luck in the future - and I sincerely hope that you will continue in the gaming industry doing what we love most. Flight simulators!

/mazex (beeing a nerd I realized my post count is 1337 - a good number to stop at and sign out with you )

Last edited by mazex; 12-12-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Approved Member

I suggest..someone make a video...of all of us..red and blues...flying in Steam...as much as possible...in formation...as a tribute and thankfull to the effort of Luthier and company. They faught hard to die with proud, and they left behind the best sim ever. Just set a date and I will be there...If you want to join...pass it...and just click +1
Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristorf View Post
Personally I think your wrong there mate, rushed and shoddy product killed this game, we only wanted what we paid for and were told we were getting.
Just my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
Have to agree with Kris. The game had some nice aspects but was mismanaged from start to finish and deeply flawed. If if could have been saved with all the years and dollars that were invested in this mess, 1C would not have killed it. But they did so it is what it is. And it's nobody's fault but the developer's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedToo View Post
I have absolutely no interest in reading Luthier's biography, but I would pay good money to read Oleg's.
As for Luthier: Goodbye.
RedToo.
Some people go out of their way to show how small they are. This is an example. In this thread, if you have nothing good to say then just keep it to yourself.

Luthier, I can't thank you in many ways but I'll dedicate my next film to you as a token of my appreciation. Flying CoD online is mindblowingly fantastic. A true glimpse into a simming future that I hope will truly come to fruition one day.

As a young boy in the early eighties I devoured books on WWII aviation and daydreamt of flights I would never be able to make in Spits, Messerschmitts and Mustangs. Then flightsimming came along many years later and suddenly I could live out my dreams. Your work has Given Life to Dreams.... And that is not a small thing! So thanks and good luck with your future endeavours.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

Ilya Shevchenko let me say to you how very sad I feel about this terrible news. Cod game is so much beauty and so much fun that I cannot understand how it was dropped. Please walk away from them and continue a new some where else. Your knowledge and talent should not be left to gather moss
Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freycinet View Post
Some people go out of their way to show how small they are. This is an example. In this thread, if you have nothing good to say then just keep it to yourself.
As I said, it's my opinion only, and it was in answer to another post, so please quote the whole thing or don't bother.

Thank you

PS, I never was a Fanboy, just a gamer who felt betrayed having flown IL2 from it's first release.
Yes it's sad how it's all ended but who's to blame for that, us, the paying public?

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC

Last edited by kristorf; 12-12-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Default Thanks!

Luthier, the IL2 series has given me much pleasure during many, many years and I shall continue enjoying the CLOD for a long time to come. I just realized I spent about as much on taxi ride tonight than what I paid for the CLOD, and you surely get much more of a wow-feeling in the cockpit over the Channel. All the best for you and your team members!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Luthier, I can't thank you in many ways but I'll dedicate my next film to you as a token of my appreciation. Flying CoD online is mindblowingly fantastic. A true glimpse into a simming future that I hope will truly come to fruition one day.

As a young boy in the early eighties I devoured books on WWII aviation and daydreamt of flights I would never be able to make in Spits, Messerschmitts and Mustangs. Then flightsimming came along many years later and suddenly I could live out my dreams. Your work has Given Life to Dreams.... And that is not a small thing! So thanks and good luck with your future endeavours.
As a young boy in the sixties and seventies I devoured books on WWII aviation and day dreamed ... etc. For example saving up for ages in the early seventies to buy 'Warplanes of the Third Reich' by William Green which cost the then huge sum of ten pounds sterling etc, etc.

I too have been dedicated to flight simming for a long while and the IL2 series has given me more pleasure than any other title. My point is that I believe Oleg is much more responsible all the good things in the IL2 stable, from the original IL2 to Clodo than Luthier. I have met Oleg and occasionally corresponded with him over the IL2 series. He has always replied and I believe valued my contributions. Not something I can say for Luthier.

This is of course just my opinion and I would point out that I am not saying anything good or bad, just expressing my opinion, in I hope a polite and civilised way.

RedToo.

43 Squadron.

My 'Waiting for Clodo' thread: http://tinyurl.com/bqxc9ee
Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Cranky

Quote:

I bet Luthier cant wait for that next film, Yawn!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
I bet Luthier cant wait for that next film, Yawn!!
Well Cranky, you do realize that its all over and ended now. You don't strike me as being a ROF kind of guy, do you fly it?

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Closed Thread