Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Default Nearmiss, are you man enough to revile?

To recap what we know so far:

1C simulators/games, and Oleg’s Il-2, have received Presidential recognition in Russia.

There have been request from 1C to the Russian state to economically support the further development of computer simulations of historical events such as WW2 in the former USSR.
One of the arguments has been to repel the falsification of historical facts.

This is what we know!

Some Q: s and A: s has already sprung up because of this but here we recap some and bring a few new into the discussion.

Q: Is computer simulations a god educational tool to bring knowledge to the users?
A: From what we have learned and experienced from IL-2 the answer is yes. Few western’s, and easterners, know of the true extension of the war in the east before the release of Il-2.

Q: Is there a need and necessity of historical education about this time in history?
A: Very much so as it was secluded and deliberately fogged out by the forces behind the cold war, unnecessary alienating nation from nation and friend from friend.

Q: Are there any more positive or negative effects of the computer simulations mentioned here.
A: Yes! The nation that develops and supports computer programs, Russia in this case, will in the long run benefit in a multiple ways from spinoff effects from this development. The competition will off course cry!

By the way Nearmiss, I would very much want to know your location as I think it will explain a lot to me.But I hope that I am for once is wrong.
Closed Thread