Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 05-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Default Slight balanced problem here.

Why is it that USA are the strongest nation in the game,thats hardly realistic,& also why is it that Men of War is yet another WW2 game that has the British the worst nation in the game which is rubbish,is it because its an american release game.

Played it several times now,online,with the same result,as or against the British they never win,as or against the USA they never lose,something odd there.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

I disagree, US tanks (relistically) are badly armoured, and none of their other units really outclass the other factions'. Though i see your point about the Brits they really are on the back foot in terms of armour.
And the game is russian not american.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

I have no problems owning as the British...
Old 05-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
I disagree, US tanks (relistically) are badly armoured, and none of their other units really outclass the other factions'. Though i see your point about the Brits they really are on the back foot in terms of armour.
And the game is russian not american.
May have russian programmers but its american money methinks backing it,ie,Aspyr is in USA,so is Bestway,so is half of 505games.

Also your point about the american tanks being badly armoured,i played a game with some guys as germans vs USA & the jumbo sherman tank took out Jagdtigers,Jagdpanthers,Tiger's Panthers & King Tigers & Elephants all,so thats not bad for what you say is under armoured tanks is it.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash View Post
Also firstly which forces are you playing against owning with the British,are you playing brits vs brits lol,also you must be playing against some preaty useless players then lol.

Ive found the two main things that do well for the brits are there rocket launcher thing,& the Centurion tank,which is a tank that never actually took part in WW2 anyhow lol.

Last edited by Morgoth; 05-17-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Approved Member

UK vs Germany... Win without problems against players that have a clue. Combination of forces... and depending on what they use...
Old 05-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Banned

Funny. My view is that the British is a very strong force to use in the game. They have some excellent heavy armored early tanks (the Matilda II and Valentine) with hard hitting guns. Sure they aren´t much use against the later German heavy tanks, but when those are beginning to show up in the game, you do have access to Achilles, Archers and of course, the Firefly. All three is very capable of taking out even the heaviest German tanks and tank destroyers.

~Zeke.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash View Post
It seems that EiR and MoW have a relation in problems, except for MoW doesn't have the op british artillery. I haven't encountered it atleast...
Old 05-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke Wolff View Post
Funny. My view is that the British is a very strong force to use in the game. They have some excellent heavy armored early tanks (the Matilda II and Valentine) with hard hitting guns. Sure they aren´t much use against the later German heavy tanks, but when those are beginning to show up in the game, you do have access to Achilles, Archers and of course, the Firefly. All three is very capable of taking out even the heaviest German tanks and tank destroyers.

~Zeke.
Yes but on multiplayer,which is what i was reffering to guys in my first comments,not single player,most people use the big German Tanks or russian tanks from the beginning.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
Yes but on multiplayer,which is what i was reffering to guys in my first comments,not single player,most people use the big German Tanks or russian tanks from the beginning.
How can they get the big tanks from the beginning, there is a system whereby u get more money as the game progresses. It would take at least 10 mins or so to be getting Tigers or ISs, and there is no way they would be able to get their big tanks before u could get yours, except if u massively mismanaged your money. Morgoth u seem to be twisting the truth so you're still right, and not listening to anyone's arguments