Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 10-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb tanks go thru buildings too easy..

a tank is a heavy thing, to be sure..

but the way they go thru buildings is a bit of a joke..

it wouldn't take much to slightly up the resistance of buildings..
Old 10-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Approved Member

I so totally wish the buildings were tougher. 1 HE round brings down half a building, bump it with a tank and you have a rubble pile. The weakness of buildings makes them the worst possible places to place infantry...i had a squad spread through out a house, my dad shot it with like 1 round and it killed my squad.....so yeah buildings need help
Old 10-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

Thats because buildings have not been designed for a small chunks to simply break away and fall down. Its done by one giant piece at a time with particle left behind. This could be improved in another year of game development but there is so much more work. That takes every chunk in the game, divides it by 8, and fixes textures. Too much work.

Look at this post also: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15244
Old 10-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
I so totally wish the buildings were tougher. 1 HE round brings down half a building, bump it with a tank and you have a rubble pile. The weakness of buildings makes them the worst possible places to place infantry...i had a squad spread through out a house, my dad shot it with like 1 round and it killed my squad.....so yeah buildings need help
well its not like the typical building holds out that much. I think its fairly realistic in that part as some buildings are very hard to destroy (certain churches eat 88mm shells like penuts ...) while other ones go down fast.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:46 AM
Approved Member

There are 2 building settings in this game.....indestructible and weaker then a wet, torn piece of paper...the Church that can eat 88s is of the Indestructible class as well as Fence_3m1 I think it is and that massive Chateau....you can shoot them all day, let off a nuke beside them and when the dust clears they are fine. And yeah, while some buildings are tougher then others they are all waaayyy to weak...when 1 76mm shell brings a whole house down thats weak.....
Old 10-29-2010, 12:59 AM
Approved Member

It depends on where you hit the house at times. As in the real world overhanging pieces would fall down, so if you cut a hole all the way through or just enough the whole house could collapse.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
i don't think it would take much, maybe 50% extra resistance..

i think a house should create rubble, like a pile in the centre, that a tank would have to climb over, however easily..because now its just a flat texture..
Old 10-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
Thats because buildings have not been designed for a small chunks to simply break away and fall down. Its done by one giant piece at a time with particle left behind. This could be improved in another year of game development but there is so much more work. That takes every chunk in the game, divides it by 8, and fixes textures. Too much work.

Look at this post also: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15244
er, from what i've seen buildings fragment quite nicely?

i have no problem with the actions of the buildings, just that they are slightly too weak and dont leave a rubble pile..
Old 10-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
well its not like the typical building holds out that much. I think its fairly realistic in that part as some buildings are very hard to destroy (certain churches eat 88mm shells like penuts ...) while other ones go down fast.
yeah what is it with the churches! (maybe developers were religious?)

..actually thinking about it a streetlamp was eating HE rounds the other night when i was trying to knock out a fieldgun with a light tank..stayed upright the whole time
Old 11-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

dont mention those lamps! THE LAMPS ! God knows how many times I missed those infantry or at gun cause the HE shell got eaten by a lamp ... not to mention how the shells loose penetration from it. But thats another story.

Churches, well some of them are made almost like a bunker ! If you think about how thick those walls are. Particularly old churches. I mean see how many times they would be almost untouched while the rest of the city got bombed to hell. I doubt they would survive a direct hit but many other buildings colapsed while the church was still alive. And I guess its cause a lot of churches have been built to last centuries if not more. They are very well constructed. Not something you can tell from all buildings.

On the other side if you have the luck to hit a certain part of a building a large chunk of it might simply colapse. Some walls or supporting pillar if destroyed would cause the building to fall down eventually. That part is a whole science for it self and I am already surprised MoW does show here a lot of options.

From a realistic point of view vehicles should NOT drive trough buildings this was in most armies strictly forbidden for the simple fact that the danger to loose the vehicle was to high, as one might remember that many buildings have a celar and those are not made usualy to hold out the preasure of a 30 or even 50 ton vehicle ! (most bridges arent even!). Not to mention the danger of colapsing walls imobilizing the vehicle and damaging it or the crew.So yeah it definetly happend but it was nothing usual at some point you could even face hard punishment for it meaning prison time ... imagine it like flying a plane or helicopter under electrical towers which might be possible ... but no one would approve.