Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 06-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Approved Member

Default Vehicle Weight

I was messing around today and I found myself taking a Tiger and trying to roll over a T34 on its side. I rammed the T34 with my Tiger in direct control mode, but there was nothing. So I decided to blow up the T34 and then ram it, and it worked. It worked so well I fliped it at least 5 times. But its a little annoying to me. I can only budge the thing when its in good condition but when the hull is destroyed I can push it off a cliff if I wanted to, or even float it down a river perhaps. I push it so easy there is not even any speed reduction

I don't like it one bit really. The only thing that would change the weight is the loss of a turret, crewmen and such. Id like this to be fixed in a update and in future MoW games, or at least put it into a mod. Its silly, I could push a destroyed tank along for cover while advancing on the enemy.

Last edited by Korsakov829; 10-23-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:32 AM
Approved Member

Lolz, I actually was one time in Coop battle and was making a wall of dead tanks for cover when my game crashed. Also I pushed a tank on top of a squad or 2 of enemy infantry. Its retarded that you can only move dead tanks but its funny anyway
Old 10-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
I was messing around today and I found myself taking a Tiger and trying to roll over a T34 on its side. I rammed the T34 with my Tiger in direct control mode, but there was nothing. So I decided to blow up the T34 and then ram it, and it worked. It worked so well I fliped it at least 5 times. But its a little annoying to me. I can only budge the thing when its in good condition but when the hull is destroyed I can push it off a cliff if I wanted to, or even float it down a river perhaps. I push it so easy there is not even any speed reduction

I don't like it one bit really. The only thing that would change the weight is the loss of a turret, crewmen and such. Id like this to be fixed in a update and in future MoW games, or at least put it into a mod. Its silly, I could push a destroyed tank along for cover while advancing on the enemy.
shells must weigh something, if they explode then their weight is transferred into heat, noise and light then the hull would be lighter by this weight at least?

..and a turret is pretty heavy?

such a waste blowing up vehicles, they usually at least have a heavy mg you can steal!
Old 10-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

If you want to be technical about it then yes, but not enough for it to be pushed so easy. Run into it when its alive, and you get nothing.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

of course the wreck of a completely destroyed tank has less weight then the usual vehicle. I mean, for example I doubt this Panzer IV here to have somewhat the same weight as before . Obviously ... also poor bastards >.<

On the other side, a Tank raming another tank should not leave much of an impression though. The worst thing eventually which should happen is disabling the engine as they usualy dont take the force that well. With the Panther (early models) it would have a high danger to start a fire ! 70% if not more of the first Panthers which saw action in Kursk 1943 have not even seen an combat cause of engine issues and some burned out completely beyond repair ! This got only later fixed with the G model beeing the most reliable Panther of course. But once in a while very brave or might I say crazy soviet tankers would engange in raming a axis tank but even then it was always a rather desperate tactic. One has to remember that not only the enemy vehicle will feel the force of the impact but also the own vehicle ... so this was most of the time done eventually if all the amunition has been wasted or you had no chance to penetrate the target. There have been a few situations where they succesfully damaged the enemy tanks that way. But most of the time they would simply imobilize them.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Approved Member

Of course, not completely destroyed. But what about tanks that just have their hull crushed but still have all their parts in it? Those should way near same and in no way should they be able to be moved by a tank of equal strength.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

a Tank could move another tank of the aprox same weight. Just only very slowly and with a danger to eventually brake some parts. The aditional weight will definetly show its effect. For example it wsa forbiden to use one tiger to recover another stuck tiger. Anyone trying that would face serious punishment (yet they still ried that and in the end loost both vehicles ...)
Old 11-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Slightly yes. But in the games case you can move it several kilometers on full speed before running out of fuel.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

thing is just, if you make it very hard it could block some routes like bridges entirely which would not be all to suportive for the gameplay eventualy, except you find ways how to push those vehicles away.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:29 AM
Approved Member

It would add to the realisim a bit if you couldn't though.