Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 06-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twan View Post
I think that he means put it IN the truck, not tow it like anti-tank guns or artillery.
No any known way to do this but by towing.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twan View Post
I think that he means put it IN the truck, not tow it like anti-tank guns or artillery.
That would be awesome. I think its cause mortars and heavy machineguns on trypods are seen by the game like anti tank guns when I think they should be more seen like inventory objects comparable to the 50cal for example which can be used by the infantry like a usual machinegun for example ...

Which person with a sane mind would carry a trypod or mortar around when he has a car/truck right next to him ...
Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
considering the nature of heavy machineguns on a tripod it should be possible though and very easy to load them on a truck/vehicle and simply drive it to the front. Its sad this hasnt been done for the game.
who cares, there are no MGs on tripods in multiplayer anyway.

Mortars is kinda different, but they move so fast that it isn't an issue on most maps, except the large open panzer maps where the frontline is all over the place (where they are mostly useless).
Old 07-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

There are MGs on tripods. You know, the two manned MG used in big infantry maps, that chop up 2 squads before having to reload?

The mortars and MGs do move fast, faster then a King Tiger. And they never run out of gas.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitns View Post
Mortars is kinda different, but they move so fast that it isn't an issue on most maps, except the large open panzer maps where the frontline is all over the place (where they are mostly useless).
cause you cant move them around with halftracks/trucks/cars which is the whole point of "why cant you move them around with halftracks/trucks/cars" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitns View Post
who cares, there are no MGs on tripods in multiplayer anyway.
Huh? Never used them eventualy then I guess. Right in the section with the mortars you have also a few heavy machineguns ~ but I agree they are used only very rarely since its just wasted points to easy to destroy them with any kind of artillery. With the Axis using the MG34 on a trypod for example. It should be possible to use those with a car or truck so you can get them faster to the front on "large" maps.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Approved Member

Trucks would be more useful if they could carry not only infantry but light equipment too. You could steal some equipment too.

Does anyone know if we will be able to tow damaged tanks in AS? That would be cool too and sometimes VERY useful indeed.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Heavy MGs have advantages over the average MG infantry. 1, you can't suppress them and 2, your crew is protected from small arms fire.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

ah yeah I forgot, there are some MG's on tripod, but aren't those only British? The germans and Soviets got an AA gun and the PKP.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

Nope. Every nation has them, they are those guns on stands protected by a shield. Not the Flak or PKP but those little 5mm machine guns and 7mm.

Last edited by Korsakov829; 07-05-2010 at 06:33 PM.