Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 05-31-2010, 12:38 AM
Approved Member

Default Don't have Men of war...but have a question.

Hello everyone, I recently just discovered Men of war on Steam, and tried out the demo and LOVED it...I was thinking about buying it, but on the recommended system settings, it says it doesn't support Vista X64 .

Has this been implimented in the patches to support it? or does it still not support it, or should I just wait for the new Men of war Assault Squad to come out instead.

Thanks for the help
TodaysKiller
Old 05-31-2010, 12:55 AM
Approved Member

From what i have heard Vista 64. works for some but not for everyone. But im no expert.
But if you can play the Demo you should be able to play the full game.

Anyway its your call. But if you can play it, you should buy it!
I also enjoyed the MP demo before i bought mow...but damn the Multiplayer in MoW is 10 times better.
It might take some time to learn, bad gamespy lobbys etc... But once you have learned how it works its almost impossible to play other RTS games.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:00 AM
Approved Member

So you NEED gamespy to play online?...and is there quite a few people who still play? or almost a ghost town now lol.

And should I buy this one? or wait for the new Assault squad???

BUT...I was reading another forum, and a guy said this game had a lot of different companies working on it, making different patches and such that's why multiplayer was so blown to hell lol.

another question, he also said assault squad was gonna not have 1C helping make it anymore? he said DMS was just gonna do it now, will that have an impact in the game, or does he just not know what he is talking about .

BTW: like your vids LOL america, **** yeah

Last edited by TodaysKiller; 05-31-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:15 AM
Approved Member

download and run MoW-Demo.

i have no problems running Men of War & Men of War: Red Tide & Men of War: Assault Squad on my 64 bit system (Windows 7).

... but you need latest DirectX9 version installed.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Approved Member

Well, the MP is a bit messy, but whenever I play I see from 400 to 500 people so I don’t think you would have a problem with joining a game. Just make sure you get the correct patches installed.

And I am not sure if Steam would be the best place to buy the game from.

And if you like SP, don’t play MP till you get bored with SP. MP is so awesome (esp, when you’ve got a nice team) that it’s hard to return to SP missions.

MoW AS is definitely a must buy too, esp. the international community may find a better support coz DMS is better with dealing with them than Best Way. AS will surely divide the MP community even more.

Last edited by CzaD; 05-31-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodaysKiller View Post
So you NEED gamespy to play online?...and is there quite a few people who still play? or almost a ghost town now lol.

And should I buy this one? or wait for the new Assault squad???

BUT...I was reading another forum, and a guy said this game had a lot of different companies working on it, making different patches and such that's why multiplayer was so blown to hell lol.

another question, he also said assault squad was gonna not have 1C helping make it anymore? he said DMS was just gonna do it now, will that have an impact in the game, or does he just not know what he is talking about .

BTW: like your vids LOL america, **** yeah

Hehe thanks man

But i think you kinda misread my post. The Multiplayer Itself is pure ownage, its just that the lobby etc is kinda simple. But its really no big deal.
Ohh and you should definatly get original MoW first.
After all its pretty damn cheap.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

I'm running Vista 64 and have had no problems playing MoW. Playing demos is a great way to try out games, and since you loved the demo it sounds like you'll love the game. I shouldn't make comments on the Mp part, but from what I've read it has good points and bad points. I can however make comments on the SP part and for me anyways MoW and the earlier games are the best WW2 RTS games around. I like having the disk for my games but that's a personal choice. I do however have both a Steam DL and a disk copy of MoW.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

Hey guys, thanks for the replies! ...so 400-500 people eh? that's more than coh .

Well, I live in the United States, and no stores carry the game, so steam is pretty much my only option lol...but why is steam a bad place for this game?

I have played the demo, and it works fine on my vista x64! ...I will probably buy this game (hopefully), if I do I will let u guys know so you can teach me a thing or two about it .

EDIT: also, It has Co-op correct? online?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Approved Member

Gamestop and or BestBuy sells the game in the US as far as I know.

Yes, it also has Co-op in online and LAN MP.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Approved Member

Some Steam players complain about the patches in the MP lobby.

And well you can have a read al well:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14778

But I know some who bought the game from Steam and it plays fine.

There are many players online before 21.00 GMT. Like around 02.00 GMT there was about 150 players.