Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 07-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

These links given by you is really nice, I really appreciate your work, awesome collection, I hope that many people will really like these links, and also enjoy these, really awesome.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

I hope that some day a bored geek makes a website with all the game stats and info
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SOE]No.Mam View Post
lol? MoW values are only ~ realistic. For example, Panther has been nerfed (front armour is 80mm while it was 100mm IRL). IS-3 has also gotten their armour decreased. Some tanks have unrealistically bad guns as well imo.....
Also, all the tanks are pretty slow, especially the medium & light tanks should move far faster on flat roads and flat grass.

Last edited by Nikitns; 07-20-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
Well, the game passes my standards. Granted its a little silly here and there but so what, it has explosions and blood splatter what more could one ask for?

The Tiger could get worked on but I took 3 Jagdpanzers and a Hetzer against a T34. 75mm could penetrate and a 88mm couldn't from the front. The 88mm bounced off like a 5mm bullet, and the 75mm went all the way back to the engine from the front blowing up the T34. So yeah its silly, but as long as I win and the game is realistic in most places I'm happy. Don't forget the turret that got blown off and knocked out a jeep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
they are NOT realistic. They just mimic realistic numbers and tables. Thats all. If the numbers would be really realistic the Tiger should have no issue to destroy the T34 of sherman even on max distance. Yet in MoW it does sometimes. Hell even the Panzer IV for example could crack the hull of the T34/85 from almost 2000m in any direction. In MoW you will see quite some richochets. Its obvious that some tweaks have been done for the sake of gameplay (I doubt most allied nations would have a nice day with realistic penetration numbers and ranges). The game might show some great details and a somewhat a complex damage model. But I dont think its fair to call it realistic as I think the word realistic should be more left to games trying to be a simulation. And MoW is not a simulation.
the Panzer 4 could kill a T-34/85 frontally from 2km? really? it had 60mm/sloped armour, which is not bad. I think allot of the shots would've ricochetted.

Pz4 and Tiger 1 didn't have seriously sloped armour though as far as I know
ahh when will you people learn?

There are 3 "statistics" and unit values for MoW. They are all different.

1. Single player.
2. Editor.
3. Multiplayer

So editor and multiplayer values aren't the same man

Last edited by Nikitns; 07-20-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitns View Post
For example, Panther has been nerfed (front armour is 80mm while it was 100mm IRL).
No, you are incorrect Nikitns. The Panther hasn´t been nerfed, it has in fact 2mm thicker (82mm) than it should´ve (80mm).

Armor thickness of the Panther were:

Panther V Ausf. D
Turret: front (100mm), Side (45mm), Rear (45mm), Top/Bottom (16mm)
Hull: Front [upper] (80mm), Front [lower] (60mm), Side (40mm), Rear (40mm), Top/Bottom (16mm)
Gun mantlet: (100mm)

Panther V Ausf. A
Turret: front (110mm), Side (45mm), Rear (45mm), Top/Bottom (16mm)
Hull: Front [upper] (80mm), Front [lower] (60mm), Side (40mm), Rear (40mm), Top/Bottom (16mm)

Panther V Ausf. G
Hull: Front [upper] (80mm), Front [lower] (60mm), Side (40mm), Rear (40mm), Top/Bottom (16-40mm)

A few of the very first produced Panther V Ausf. D´s had 60mm frontal upper armor, since that was the armor thickness that was originally designed. After a few vehicles had been produced, the manufacturers were ordered to use thicker frontal armor and it became 80mm on the upper front slooping hull, but remained at 60mm at the lower frontal hull.

Theoretically the Pz.Kpfw. IV armed with the 75mmL/48 gun were able to defeat the T34/85 from the front at a range of 2,000 metres. It´s gun could punch thru 64mm of armor at that range, however it isnt very likely but yes, it could be done with some luck (and if war anything can happen).

Finally there is only two "statistics" and unit values for MoW:

1: Single player/Editor (these settings are the same).
2: Multiplayer

~Zeke.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

IF SP/Editor stats are the same then why in the editor when I edit the accuracy of various guns does the change take effect then in a SP mission eveything goes back to Pinpoint accurate?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Banned

SP/Editor uses the same settings and if you´ve changed the guns in resource/set/stuff/gun these changes do apply to the editor as well.

Same thing for the accuracy of the guns, these are also changed by changing the actual files, however this I havent tested myself since I am quite satisfied with the current settings.

~Zeke.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitns View Post
the Panzer 4 could kill a T-34/85 frontally from 2km? really? it had 60mm/sloped armour, which is not bad. I think allot of the shots would've ricochetted.
Yes it could from any angle. We are talking about the Panzer IV H which got the new 75mm KwK 40 L/48 where the Panzer IV F and some G had the KwK 75mm 40 L/43, the Panzer IV E had a very short 75mm. The KwK 40 L/48 was a huge improvement regarding earlier versions with the armor of the T34/76 in mind. And thus it had no trouble to penetrate the T34 from any angle up to 2000m (aprox). And since the T34/85 had only a new turret but the same body like the T34/76 it should be easy for the Panzer IV to crack the hull even on long distance. Only the Turret was very well armored considering the fact it was a design with the KV85 in mind if I remember correctly.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke Wolff View Post
No, you are incorrect Nikitns. The Panther hasn´t been nerfed, it has in fact 2mm thicker (82mm) than it should´ve (80mm).

Armor thickness of the Panther were:

Panther V Ausf. D
Turret: front (100mm), Side (45mm), Rear (45mm), Top/Bottom (16mm)

Panther V Ausf. A

Panther V Ausf. G
Hull: Front [upper] (80mm), Front [lower] (60mm), Side (40mm), Rear (40mm), Top/Bottom (16-40mm)

A few of the very first produced Panther V Ausf. D´s had 60mm frontal upper armor, since that was the armor thickness that was originally designed. After a few vehicles had been produced, the manufacturers were ordered to use thicker frontal armor and it became 80mm on the upper front slooping hull, but remained at 60mm at the lower frontal hull.

Theoretically the Pz.Kpfw. IV armed with the 75mmL/48 gun were able to defeat the T34/85 from the front at a range of 2,000 metres. It´s gun could punch thru 64mm of armor at that range, however it isnt very likely but yes, it could be done with some luck (and if war anything can happen).

Finally there is only two "statistics" and unit values for MoW:

1: Single player/Editor (these settings are the same).
2: Multiplayer

~Zeke.
ah, well half my point still stands I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
Yes it could from any angle. We are talking about the Panzer IV H which got the new 75mm KwK 40 L/48 where the Panzer IV F and some G had the KwK 75mm 40 L/43, the Panzer IV E had a very short 75mm. The KwK 40 L/48 was a huge improvement regarding earlier versions with the armor of the T34/76 in mind. And thus it had no trouble to penetrate the T34 from any angle up to 2000m (aprox). And since the T34/85 had only a new turret but the same body like the T34/76 it should be easy for the Panzer IV to crack the hull even on long distance. Only the Turret was very well armored considering the fact it was a design with the KV85 in mind if I remember correctly.
zeke said the L/48 would've penetrated 67mm at 2km, but the T-34/85 was 50mm or something sloped. If we add angles to this, I doubt it.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

you can doubt it all day long but battle reports tell different.

I have no clue where people get their informations from but the Panzer IV did formidable against the T34 hull. Regardless if 76 or 85 version.

The 7.5cm 40 L48 could with the Pzgr.Ptr.39 penetrate 74mm of armor on 1500m which is from German trials which have been always done on a 30° plate. I have not said it would be easy to destroy the T34 on 2000m with the 7.5cm. But its possible even if it means that you need a bit of luck. ~ To penetrate the target isnt the issue here. But to HIT it requires much skill and excelent optics.

And thats not even thinking about any APCRC shells which had enough power to even penetrate the IS2 when close enough. The specifications have been very similar to the PAK40 which was as well a 75mm gun for standartisation and easier handling. Very skilled guners have been thaught to aim for the driver vision which was substantialy weaker. But this could be even penetrated by the Panzer III APCR.

Many weapons in MoW have been "nerfed" or "changed" (what ever you prefer more ...) for gameplay and other reasons. In Multiplayer the Panzer IV becomes nearly useless cause of this "changes" as you already have trouble to do some damage with the KV1 when it in reality it should not. You get to many times richochets on the T34, KV1 and KV85 while they have no trouble to destroy the Panzer IV even on max distance. Shoots to the turret for example result almost always in a damage which is understandable with the 85mm in mind. Though I ask my self why the 85mm gets such "boost" in the game while the German 75cm gun gets such a "downgrade" (The PAK40 should do better against the T34 as well!) ? Realism ? I doubt it. Gameplay maybe. But I dont see here really gameplay reasons as people just tend to go for the Jagdpanzer IV then to get finally a tank that is worth something. But the Panzer IV was the workhose of the German panzerarmy and should be very usefull in skilled hands. Yet MoW decides that its just a footnote in the battles. Just like the SU100 which suffers similar problems. The only tank you can easily crack with the Panzer IV on distance is the SU85. Insteand of making the T34 85 "unrealisticaly strong" they should have made it cheaper if you ask me.

As I said. The T34 hull should be no match for the Panzer IV regardless which version. Yet in game strange enough it often is ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke Wolff View Post
Not just theoretically Zek. It DID happend in WW2 :p

German tank crews had at least till the end of 1944 some of the best training. And while many concentrate on the Tigers, and its upgrade the Tiger II or other "fancy" armor. They many times forget that the workhose of the German tank doctrin and army was pretty much always the Panzer IV. Till the war ended. It was the vehicle which saw most use and most numbers next to the Stug. Its updates keept it for a very long time in service which means its crews have known the vehicle very well. Guderian himself wanted the Panzer IV to stay in service cause of that reason knowing the Panther could never replace it as the industry had not the economy to produce so many Panthers. And teaching the crews with a new vehicle also needs time.

With much skill and "bit" luck hits on 2000m should be possible. As I said earlier. The T34 85 hull in MoW is way to resistant.

What people forget is that the advantage of the T34 was not so much its armor or even gun but its numbers and easy maintenance. For the Tiger or Panther and even Panzer IV you would need somewhat trained crews. The T34 was many times repaired by tractor mechanics. It was designed with that in mind.

Last edited by Crni vuk; 07-25-2010 at 03:13 PM.