Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 04-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Default How to find best Infantry weapons

Hi guys, new to the game and have received some great tips on playing vanilla MoV. I do have a question though and its in regards to the infantry weapons.

For example as Im playing through the Russian campaign and I come across a MG-42 vs the Russian MG which is better. I believe the MG-42 to be better than the Russian equivelant just from watching stuff from the history channel and whatnot, however can someone point me in the right direction to a thread or something that says the German rifle is better than the Russian one?

Also when picking a single soldier I would like to know what weapon he is best at. What I do now is I have to equip him with a rifle, SMG and MG and then equip each one to see how many stars each one has. Is there a quicker way to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Last edited by Brashin; 04-07-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

The German Mg34 is imo the best MG in this game. As for a faster way to tell what soldier is good at what. Click a soldier and see what it says right above his picture. Submachinegunners are obviously good w/ SMG's Riflemen w/ Rifles and Machinegunners w/ LMGs and what not. In misisons you prolly wont have time to sit there and trade weapons back and forth for entire squads though and it doesnt seem to make that much of a diff from what ive seen who has what weapon, the effectiveness of the gun is more based on the weapon's stats then who has it.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Knight, my follow-up question is how do you know what the weapon stats are?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
The German Mg34 is imo the best MG in this game. As for a faster way to tell what soldier is good at what. Click a soldier and see what it says right above his picture. Submachinegunners are obviously good w/ SMG's Riflemen w/ Rifles and Machinegunners w/ LMGs and what not. In misisons you prolly wont have time to sit there and trade weapons back and forth for entire squads though and it doesnt seem to make that much of a diff from what ive seen who has what weapon, the effectiveness of the gun is more based on the weapon's stats then who has it.
Ya the MG 34 is the best MG of the game, IIRC there is no MG 42 but if there is.. MG 42 > MG 34
Old 04-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

Finding Weapon stats requires going into e1.pak files and what not but ranges for most all the infantry weapons is like 35 or 40. Also, FM, there is a MG42, its the German gun w/ the 75 rounds. I like the MG34 in game b/c it has a 100 round belt....of course the ammo belt doesnt show but thats a minor detail. Also, another kinda rare, but VERY good gun in the campaign games is the German MP44......by far the best SMG, yes thats what its classified as when putting in ammo in this game haha.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
Finding Weapon stats requires going into e1.pak files and what not but ranges for most all the infantry weapons is like 35 or 40. Also, FM, there is a MG42, its the German gun w/ the 75 rounds. I like the MG34 in game b/c it has a 100 round belt....of course the ammo belt doesnt show but thats a minor detail. Also, another kinda rare, but VERY good gun in the campaign games is the German MP44......by far the best SMG, yes thats what its classified as when putting in ammo in this game haha.
Lolfail, MP 44 isn't the real name. Its STG 44, and its an Assault Rifle, the 1st, and a few years later. Wow...The AK 47, looks a lil similar eh? Commies are just too stupid to design their own guns XD
Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, I know its STG 44...why I am stuck on using MP idk....I like STG better anywho =P I know its an Assault Rifle, when I first saw it I was thinking it would use its own Assault Rifle rounds. Come to find out the game makes it use SMG ammo. Im like, ok, there is no shortage of that. Still its a great gun in game and in RL
Old 04-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

The German and Russian MGs are guns, they both do their job at cutting down infantry and light vehicles in some cases. The gun you are most comfortable with is the best.

By the way, the STG 44 was not the first assualt rifle. It was one of many pre-assault rifles, not fully developed enough to be classified as a true assault rifle.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
The German and Russian MGs are guns, they both do their job at cutting down infantry and light vehicles in some cases. The gun you are most comfortable with is the best.

By the way, the STG 44 was not the first assualt rifle. It was one of many pre-assault rifles, not fully developed enough to be classified as a true assault rifle.
Wrong on both accounts. The DP LMG wasn't that great, and the STG 44 was the 1st Assault Rifle.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Approved Member

Doesnt the DP jam alot b/c of that big disk clip it has? Anywho, the PPSH is nice....THe RUssians did it well, combine a Squad LMG w/ a SMG...71 round drum mag in a tiny little portable package. Of course idk how common they were, what units used them or actually how reliable they were but in every game PPSH's absolutly wreck stuff.