Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 03-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Registered Member

Default Planes under used

well I know that planes are used but a few moments of sucess til they crass and burn is not very good The thing is they arnt portrade correctly in mow they arnt very good at all but in llife the saved your squad
Old 03-10-2010, 03:06 AM
Approved Member

and the point of this post is?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Approved Member

Its hard to have planes in an RTS game.Since planes fly very fast,and the maps are simply too small for aircraft.But the planes in Mow are good,like them,but of course,its easier to control a tank then a airplane.If you want to fly airplanes,buy a IL-2 Strumovik(not a real plane,a game)

And yea SpeedWolf is right what this topic is all about?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

im just saying that the planes in the campain almost always crash. they could make them stronger or something im just saying
Old 03-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robi120 View Post
airplane.If you want to fly airplanes,buy a IL-2 Strumovik(not a real plane,a game)
Actually Robi, the Sturmovik is a real plane. It was a Russian ground attack plane kinda like the German Stuka or US P47. Also, it is the most awesome WWII Flight sim ive played =D Spitfire and P40M Warhawk FTW haha.

As for the topic, im guessing its just Black Coats wondering why planes arent hardly used in MoW. Ill tell you my 2 cents on this matter. Go Download Panzer Mod 1.9 I think it is and after that mod you wont want planes...The reason they are bad for this game is you have to direct control them all the while they are on board or else they just flyin a circle and wont attack anything. Also, they are practically invincible in this game b/c AA vehicles like the Wirbelwind and Russian 61K 37mm wont target them. I played a 1 v1 against my dad on that Panzer mod and I used like 3 P51s and only b/c of my lack of flying skill I didnt wreck his whole army. However, in another match we played a like 3v3 and the Russian team players used an I16 and some IL2s and absolutely owned us on the German side while we just sat pretty much defenseless getting hammered over and over and over.....So yeah, while planes are a neat idea and were in WWII they are just not scripted well into Online play. They are best suited to Sinleplayer style were you call them in and they make a off board strafing run then fly off.....
Old 03-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

The first time I discovered that you could even get into a plane I thought it was a Dev after thought. I could get into them but all I could do was drive them around like a jeep. I looked thru the forums and found out that you could actually fly them but I could never figure it out. It was very frustrating. It would be cool if they made flying planes more important (not like a flight Sim), maybe as an add-on. As for now it's fun just using them in the Editor.

Here's an example
http://vimeo.com/9594494
Old 03-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

Lol, the first time i saw a plane I tried to use it like the planes from Command and Conquer.....click a target, it would taxi take off then when its done it would land again.....Turns out it didnt do that. I wrecked countless planes =D They are kinda fun to mess w/
Old 03-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

I remember doing the same thing, with the same results. I can see Black Coats point. In any war having combat planes was pretty important, but if you could use them on a regular basis in MoW I think it would make some of the missions too easy.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Yea of course i know IL-2 is a real plane.
Well,in real warfare planes was much more used then in MoW.Also,i dont like the AA sistem of this game since you cant shoot airplanes with direct control.And I dont like that!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robi120 View Post
Yea of course i know IL-2 is a real plane.
Well,in real warfare planes was much more used then in MoW.Also,i dont like the AA sistem of this game since you cant shoot airplanes with direct control.And I dont like that!
I think I know why you cant shoot down planes w/ AA.
1. The AA doesnt turn fast enough
2. It doesnt even react till its to late
3. It cant shoot far enough to properly lead the target

3 being the main reason. In order to shoot down a plane you have to lead the dumb thing firing where its going to be not at it. I have shot down a few planes in this game w/ Direct Controlled Roofmounted tank Machineguns and infantry. However, I just wind up barely hitting the tail section. What needs to be done is for the range to be far enough so the AA can look into the sky in front of the plane and still be able to fire. The sad thing is atm that regualr infantry w/ rifles and light macheguns do a better job of AA then a Wirbelwind. Ive even had my Heavy Artillery and Tanks tracking planes all the while my actual AA guns are just sitting there leaving me doing a What the ......
just shoot me if this made no sense....