Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 01-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Sometimes when you change stuff you get weird side effects. I was actually trying to give myself more time in that mission. Changing things in the game is very time consuming, I can see why most gamers would rather use a trainer. I really like messing with the game files, it's almost as much fun as playing, almost. I know that you can have "flamer tanks" if you use a mod. If your not using a mod then you have to go into the gamepak file. If you could I'd like to see your tank with a 20mm in it.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

IDk how to make vids to show u the 20 but I used the same method as before by putting a German Quad 20 on the map, firing it, copying that weapon line into my Mgun2 slot and whatt not then in game it was my CoAx gun. I used it and it drinks ammo like a Firefly drinks gas plus my guys were firing it at tanks when they cant hurt it.....So lolz, everytim I tried to use it on infantry it was pop, pop, pop....reload cuz the dumb crew wasted it on a tank haha. it did wreck havoc on the men I hit w/ it tho. I since then figured out your method though. now I just take the uber_browning and change that bullet 40 to bullet20 and keep the zenite in the 50....it fires faster, longer and works just as well, plus the crew doesnt shoot it at tanks =D Anywho, yes editing stuff is tons of fun...kinda neat to test out the stuff you never get ot play w/ in campaign mode and see how it does. I can tell you even w/ a 50loaded King Tiger the game isnt that much faster. I still take it slow-ish cuz i dont want it to get AT naded.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

Your right, even with upgraded weapons you still need to think. I'm playing Red Tide (hard), all my troops have upgrades and I gave myself some Armour but if I don't use good strategy they kill me. I should mention that if you change the ammo(pistol ammo to 88mm ammo) in your troops guns it does something to their line-of-sight or something because they'll sometimes let the enemy walk right up to them. It doesn't seem to effect vehicles just soldiers. I find that a soldier using a uber-50cal firing hmgun ammo works just fine.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane1 View Post
I've tried to make a flame tank. The flamethrower will mount in the tank but it won't shoot flame. I have read that it can be done, you just have to use a mod.
The Japanese have a tank with a flame thrower on it in the unofficial MP patch, but once the official comes out you might not have to make a mod.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

yeah I tried that Japenese flamer tank and it didnt work in the 1.11.4 editor but it was there. I was trying to make a KV8 flamer tank but my flamer would fire like a single shot bullet but do nothing......how do u make it so the thing fires like a flamer?
Old 02-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Approved Member

This is prolly the wrong place to ask this but atleast it has to do w/ Tanks....anywho. I went through the .def files from the GSM2 mod and saw in there the Shields on the tanks tracks and such....{"shields" args 10} on most of them the KV had a 25. Whats that number all about? My first thought was its just like added armor to your side armor but it didnt seem to be it, my 2nd guess was its subtracted penetration from the enemie's round, that didnt seem to be it either. I modded the Centurion and messed w/ it in the editor and Lv2 of the campaign and put that args to 50 and idk...Also, what is the "Armor Mantlet"? On a random note...the T34's armor is seriously slacking lolz
Old 02-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

Hecks yeah lolz, I figured out one problem I had w/ the KV1....its rinky dink toy 76 F32......such a poor gun on such an otherwise awesome tank

Old 02-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

That's cool, looks good.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Approved Member

Lolz, the one thing about the KV I wish I knew is what files to change and what not to make it have a top roof MG....if I could figure that out then the KV would be pretty well perfect haha
Old 02-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Approved Member

Personally I really am against modifying the tanks. Adding more ammunition is fine, but its better to keep it real.
You can't add a MG on top without increasing the size of the turrent, and putting a better engine in. It just wouldn't seem real.