Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 06-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
Morgoth are u sure ur being completely honest? Anyway it could have been luck, like the schell went through the viewing slit or hit the bottom armour or something, which can happen occasionally. For example I once killed a T-34/85 with the 20mm cannon on a PzKwII, front armour, because the cannon shell went through the viewing slit. Remember this game has very complex tank models and ballisics physics.
Yes it has... but as a vehicle modeler, I can assure you that none of the models has no openings in their hit volumes for viewing slits etc. Sometimes a shell manages to knock out a tank by sheer luck. I have once knocked out a Panther with a Sherman M4A1 firing at max range, and the shell went straight thru the Panthers frontal armor. Freak accident. Nothing else.

~Zeke.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

as far as i know Centurions saw very very limited service in WW2, actually i cant recall a combat action..

KT can&must have a higher price tag because of its limited production numbers.

i can say that even i did not started to play the game
Old 06-22-2009, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

Guys,guys,guys,if you right click on the centurion tank,in the buy mode of multiplayer you will get the specifics of the tank,& i quote abit of it here for you."The Centurion arrive tolate for WW2,but,had it happend,the German Panthers & Tigers would have had little or no chance of victory in a duel.The new vehicles had an excellent shell-proof capacity,& their stabilised long-barrelled 76mm guns could quickly destroy almost any enemy."

And as i said thats a quote from the game,not me.

Also as an interesting added point,the Mk3 Centurion,is to date the only tank that,after being placed 500 metres away from an atomic bomb test was still able to be driven away afterwards,hence its nickname the atomic tank,other tanks from other countrys have been tried without success.

Also production of the Mk2 as featured in this game didnt start till November 1945,6 months after WW2 ended,& never actually entered combat service till December 1946.But the Centurion holds the record as the longest serving tank with the MK 3 being used as AVRE's in the 1991 war with Iraq with the British.

Last edited by Morgoth; 06-22-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Frontal armor in KT is around 150mm and sloped. There is a calculation depeding on the angle of the sloped that you use to adquier the actual effective protection.

But no 17prd gun will ever go through a KT frontaly. Neither a 76mm or anything.

The only gun i can realy put my money on is the Super pershing(90mm) and the IS3(122mm)(and by size of round only).

But truth is that theres no evidence in RL of any KT ever pentrated frontaly but for gameplay well yeah make it weak to something xD
Old 06-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akito272 View Post
Frontal armor in KT is around 150mm and sloped. There is a calculation depeding on the angle of the sloped that you use to adquier the actual effective protection.

But no 17prd gun will ever go through a KT frontaly. Neither a 76mm or anything.

The only gun i can realy put my money on is the Super pershing(90mm) and the IS3(122mm)(and by size of round only).

But truth is that theres no evidence in RL of any KT ever pentrated frontaly but for gameplay well yeah make it weak to something xD
You forget that its not all about gun size,many things effect the effectiveness of a gun,from barrel size,to muzzle velocity,to shell design,you guys are just assuming that all say 75mm guns,or 120mm guns are the same,there not guys,the 75mm high volocity gun of the Panther could kill bigger tanks from further away than the bigger sized 88mm gun of the Tiger.

As another example,the Jagdtiger had a 128mm gun,the American modern day Abrams tank has a 120mm gun,not as big as the Jagdtiger's,but considerably more destructive,with a longer range,see my point guys.

Last edited by Morgoth; 06-24-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
You forget that its not all about gun size,many things effect the effectiveness of a gun,from barrel size,to muzzle velocity,to shell design,you guys are just assuming that all say 75mm guns,or 120mm guns are the same,there not guys,the 75mm high volocity gun of the Panther could kill bigger tanks from further away than the bigger sized 88mm gun of the Tiger.

As another example,the Jagdtiger had a 128mm gun,the American modern day Abrams tank has a 120mm gun,not as big as the Jagdtiger's,but considerably more destructive,with a longer range,see my point guys.
I posted that two guns with out saying why. the 90mm in the super pershing has the muzzle velocity/shell size/etc to penetrate. In the case of IS3 the sheer weight and size of the round destroys hulls. The power in the blast(nasty gun).

Off course not always size of ammo is an indicator of penetration value.