Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 10-11-2010, 02:46 AM
Approved Member

The movies are often better then the game. Never really saw much in Starwars. The problem with Starwars mod is no one has the specs to the Walkers and other vehicles. You have to guess the angle and armor thickness.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:45 AM
Approved Member

Not sure it is possible, only the license will cost too much, and there are many other issues. But I agree, it will be great.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
The problem with Starwars mod is no one has the specs to the Walkers and other vehicles. You have to guess the angle and armor thickness.
Which is actually a bonus; since no-one could say whether a Walker has the incorrect armor thickness or not...

But I would rather see a Star Trek mod than a Star Wars mod, since Star Trek is so much better.

~Zeke.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

I guess those are some ways of looking at it.

Star Trek didn't really have all out war battles on the ground so it might be a little boring. Alot more fun stuff in Star Trek, but no all out war.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
No Jedi Force power.....thats what makes me not like Star Wars that much...2 Jedis vs 2000000000000000000000000 droid drone dudes and they just block every shot with their lightsabers and crap.....imo thats just plain retarded
well ... thats the SW setting for you. You could just as well complain about the Tiger 2 taking 20000000000000000000000 shoots of a T34/76 without a scratch to its front armor. Jedis are part of the SW setting. How powerfull you make them in the game is a completely different issue. No one would want a game where they kill countless of units. That goes without a saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke Wolff View Post
But I would rather see a Star Trek mod than a Star Wars mod, since Star Trek is so much better.

~Zeke.
Question is what kind of ground battles could you portray with Star Trek ?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
...Question is what kind of ground battles could you portray with Star Trek ?...
Stealth missions?
Old 10-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Banned

Federation troops fending off Klingons boarding Enterprise (basically map should show the interior of Enterprise) or some ground battles between Federation and Jem´hadars etc. Star Trek (if you have seen all shows) are so much more than just space travels, starship battles etc.

~Zeke.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

For another game engine, but I doubt it in GEM.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
Stealth missions?
So making the game only around stealth missions ? Comparable to Commandos maybe, if someone knows that awesome game. That could work and I think there was even already such a game once but I cant remember the name anymore ~ now I remember it, Away Team but I never played it Commandos Was an awesome game though (and based around WW2). I am sure one can do a lot with the ST universe but I think it is somewhat limited as how I see it the series and movies never have been really designed with huge ground battles in mind but more with a focus on the characters and ships/space travel while the Star Wars setting has been always around the battles and story. It can be seen by the movies and series in ST beeing more serious in the content and themes, youre not seeing many Ewoks runing around on board of the Enterprise. SW was more a kidz friendly enviroment to say it that way, a fairy tale in space. But it offers more diversity in the ground battles I would say.

But well it all depends on the developers and their creativity. But since the 2003 the ST universe is pretty much dead regarding games so I would not expect here a lot.

Last edited by Crni vuk; 10-16-2010 at 08:44 PM.