Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 05-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Approved Member

About other mod, i`ll try and report if it out myself.
For paladins and other unit that resurrect it`s simple game of numbers :
Paladin 200hp, prayer 24hp (12%), only 4th lvl units, must be close
Inquisitor 70 hp, respawn 7 hp (10%), 5th lvl, anywhere on map
Satyr 23hp, plant heal 12hp (50% !!!) 2 charges.
Rune mage 400hp, respawn 100hp (25%), 5th lvl, anywhere
750hp, respawn 280hp (38%),
Orc tracker 160hp, animal heal 44hp (27%), 3 rounds reset, limited only by adrenaline.
So yes paladin have aoe prayer, but in case of numbers it`s most limited, that`s why i said it shouldnt be changed. That is just my opinion. Phantom spell is for every unit, so you cant connect it only to paladins
For dragon cub yes it`s best skills are support, but if i cant lvl it up because of low exp gain, it wont be even support, not to say dmg usable. Thx for info i`ll set it to original value for my game.
For things you missed, i`m not nitpicking only telling you what i found. You did great job what i`we seen, so i only want to help this little way i can (bugproffing your mod
Astral res wasn`t removed from divine armor, it never was placed in it in first place. That`s developers miss in CW expansion. They added new units with astral dmg talents, but haven`t fixed order spell to protect units from it. Same goes for leather dress, any1 can change it in items.txt to give 5% astral res also.

New lvl for medals great idea, and thx for it. But i only stated my opinion it`s too high. In your settings player will have to pick only 1 spell dependable medal and get to 5th. Around 350 battles in all game, time 10 rounds that count for medals is 3500. 1600 for guardian angel 5th lvl is half of it, and that limit us to cast only 4 spells in all game, and we`ll get 5th lvl at almost end of game. Considering that we dont have all spells we need from start, or enough mana during every battle. Missing some fight, or casting other spells to save units will disable us of chance to get other medal at all, not to mention 4-5th lvls. I changed it to lower values in my calculation, but i only suggest to you to revise your settings.
For +att/def/int medals it`s impossible to get 5th lvl, simply not enough enemy type units.
For higher lvl i only asked since i dont know how to fix rune gain on lvl`s after 50. Leadership isn`t important at that time, anyway we all have army we need until then. But lower gain runes on lvlup after 50 is frustrating.
For poseydons pitchforks (storm pike) i said since there are item that add +1 poison(dager)/astral(bow)/fire(whip) dmg to all units. You made it to add 1 magic dmg only to peasants, so i dont think any1 will use your new item

I looked at adventure files and found those missed things, so i`ll try to add equilibrium files that you don`t have in your mod(some of things `the_rider` changed that i like).
I get that RUNE mages are depended on RUNES, but it`s so snob of them
What i don`t get is in all game there is like 100 units, and only 1 of all of them get bonus from runes, it just doesn`t seem fair. Summoner boost all summoning units, quick draw all archer etc, and it`s all skills that we use runes to get. Then why is only 1 unit that get bonus from runes we haven`t used . Runic armor is great help for unit (more dmg, hp, disable spell on attack) why adding sick bonuses (% in mages talents) atop those?
That %poison dmg i thought as spell, like hell breath., since precision add dmg to archers, hell breath to all units, berserk att to melee=more dmg. So i thought about poison dmg buff spell, but i`m not sure should i just copy hell breath description and change it to poison dmg or something more. Also need bmp for spell book, and place in spell book and . . . so that`s why i asked how to do it.
Spell requirements for medals i changed and it works. Thing i odnt know how to add is using of unit talents like archmages magic shield. Is talent name in unit description same, since in spells.txt fit of energy=adrenaline, pacifism=peacefulness , animal call=call of nature. . . I dont know what to put as medal requirement so game add castings to medal counter when i use talents in battles.
And finally raven=item regalia +2 int and gives you ancient scroll after 10-15 battles for 200 thorn sprouts. In item.txt there is no mentioning of thorn sprouts so i dont know where to change this, since in all game i never found more then 600-800 of them, so i can get 3(4 max) scrolls and them drop stupid bird For players that like higher lvls elenhel is only choice but with raven you can pick other husband(khm . . . companion), and play other units/item combos.
I`m off now, but hope to try your mod soon. Take care

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 05-14-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

I already fixed things like medal requirements and some other stuff, so I'll release a new version in about a week or so...

And now to tell you how to do some stuff...

To make an unit talent increase medal counter:

Go to the medal you want (in medal.txt) and add a custom variable like this:
var1=[existing_variables],[your_custom_variable]
var2=[existing_variables],[your_custom_variable]
var3=[existing_variables],[your_custom_variable]
(do this for all medal levels)

Now go to special_attacks.lua (or addon_special_attacks.lua), find the skill you want to increase medal counter and add this lines between function name and it's body:

if Attack.act_belligerent(target, nil) == 1 and cur_round<11 then
Game.GVNumInc("[your_custom_variable]", 1)
end

(the red text has to be deleted in some cases)
That should be it. If you have any problems, you can use "Magic Shield" as a reference.

To reduce Raven's seed requirements:

You will have to open Editor(.exe) > choose which campaign you want to edit > Under the "Session" menu chose "Actors" > go to "bolo_dungeon_1" then "Talking Raven" > Select the "main" dialog > go to snap_2 > and then under the "Condition" and "Actions" menu you will see "200" numbers, and you can edit them however you want.
Once you're done editing a dialog, your progress is automatically saved, so I don't recommend saving manually, as it can sometimes make you a mess.

To create a new spell that adds poison damage:

In spells.txt duplicate hell breath and rename (almost)everywhere it says "fire" to "acid"(or whatever you want).
Do the same in spells.lua and in eng_spells.lng.
Now you'll need three new .png pictures: One for spell, one for scroll and one for "overtime"(so you can see when your units have the spell applied).
Most of the interface(spells,items,scrolls,unit talents...) pictures are in data.kfs saved in texture format(dunno why).
There is a lot of work to be done here so you'll either have to ask me for specifics or you'll have to work it out yourself.

Making units affected by runes is a lot of work, and I'm not sure exactly how to do it, so I'll leave it for another time.

P.S. you meant: Paladin 200hp, prayer 24hp x 1-7 (12 - 84%), only 4th lvl units
Old 05-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

For medals i figured it , but thx for checking it yourself.
Raven info is helpful, i`ll check it out.
For spell i wasn`t planing to replace hell breath, but to add new spell (something like 15/25/35% poison dmg to units, for 10/20/30 mana). That`s why i said new bmp AND new place in spell book. Making new spell isn`t big problem, implementing it in game is pain in the ass.
As for rune bonus to units is horrible work, i checked runemage.lng file and there`s relation for his talent and rune bonuses and it`s scary. I had idea to add those bonuses to other units, and after seeing file dropped my silly plan So i asked if you had any idea how to do it after seeing what you did in this mod. No matter, i hope dev`s will do it in upcoming KB2
Paladins can res 4 units 1 charge, since we can take only 5 units in army (which is fail by dev`s in my opinion, and only 2 reserves Mass resurrection seems imba, but it`s quite limited in use in battle - must gather units around paladin, then after prayer 1 more turn to move him and cast illusion if needed . . . time consuming, that`s why i said no need to nerf him

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 05-18-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Approved Member

I added files from other mod `equilibrium` in your and it works great, have your settings for 4-5 lvl medals new units/items , and `the_riders` bonuses that i liked in his mode. So i think that if ppl want to use some other mod with your, only need to copy files from it and not overwrite any of your files, just those that you dont have.

Any idea how to convert some other savegame files to your mod ? Is it possible at all.
I have 2 save from greenworth (start of game) which were fun to play so i ask could i change them somehow in your mod since simple renaming to adventure_greenworth.sav doesnt work.
I had 1 more thing in mind : any ideas what to do with Tirex gobble corpse talent ? Since lizards are afraid of undead (-1 morale) it`s seems stupid that lizard unit have talent to create undead units. I`m just asking for some ideas here ppl.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Approved Member

wow, that's looks cool
I'm glad to say, that we, russians, have a great new Orc's March based new campaign. It's called Red Sands and the story is to find out where these Red Sands really are.
I can show few screens.
Is there any good rus-to-eng translater?
Our Campaign has been released on April, 1. All the trouble - no one wants to tranlate a real massive amount of texts.
Graz.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zini4_tha_grunt View Post
wow, that's looks cool
I'm glad to say, that we, russians, have a great new Orc's March based new campaign. It's called Red Sands and the story is to find out where these Red Sands really are.
I can show few screens.
Is there any good rus-to-eng translater?
Our Campaign has been released on April, 1. All the trouble - no one wants to tranlate a real massive amount of texts.
Graz.
Did someone actually manage to make a new campaign with the editor or is it a "mod" in the sense that the existing Orcs on the March campaign was modified?
Old 05-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
Did someone actually manage to make a new campaign with the editor or is it a "mod" in the sense that the existing Orcs on the March campaign was modified?
It's a mod pretty much like mine, but a lot Bigger. It adds a lot of new stuff like items, units etc. It also allows your units to gain experience, which I think is pretty cool . Also, it adds a few new maps (and quests), though I don't know how the Russians managed to pull it off, since I found it impossible to create new maps with the editor.

The list of changes can be found here:http://kingsbounty.ru/

I thought about translating it to English, but there's really lot of text there, and I'm not all that good with Russian.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

Wow, Red sands look great, too bad i don't understand a single word of russian
Old 05-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeking77 View Post
It's a mod pretty much like mine, but a lot Bigger. It adds a lot of new stuff like items, units etc. It also allows your units to gain experience, which I think is pretty cool . Also, it adds a few new maps (and quests), though I don't know how the Russians managed to pull it off, since I found it impossible to create new maps with the editor.

The list of changes can be found here:http://kingsbounty.ru/

I thought about translating it to English, but there's really lot of text there, and I'm not all that good with Russian.
5 companions, 15 creatures, about 30 items, and much more .
Yep, and it's also adds a summoning creature, ultra-beholder Asmadeo, which can gain expirience too.
We spent about 7 months to create such a big campaign.
If you can realy speak rus, perhaps we can cooperate, 'cos i do know english. My grade is upper intermidiate. Still this is colossus to translate for me on my own. And i simple out of time for this.
What would you say?
Perhaps, after all we can try to send our resume to Blizzard
Old 05-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Approved Member

Hm . . . Asmodeo, sounds alott like Asmodean there is item in HoMM3-WoG with which you can call hero lvl 15 i think to fight in your place. Didi you ppl that work in 1c had something with that game ?
Units gathering experiance, summoned creature Asmadeo . . . it all remind me to Wake of Gods
In any case i hope to see english version of this new expansion (mod or whatever) Red sands.