Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 04-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Approved Member

Default Access to *one* Steam folder from WinXP and Win7

Hello everybody,

yesterday I've set up Windows 7 on my PC beside the existing Windows XP (on a separate partition, of course).
Now my question is if I can use the Steam folder which has been set up and used from WinXP till now directly from Win7, too or if I have to install all the games a second time only for Win7?

I tried to start the steam.exe of the existing installation and it seemed to work - even COD ran fine, but I'm a little bit curious if this is ok (you know, no registry entries in Win7, ...)?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

Copy the Steamapps-folder from your old Steam-directory, delete the old Steam-directory, reinstall Steam again and then copy your Steamapps-folder back into the main Steam-folder.

Then it's just to verify local files, and you SHOULD be set.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

I'm doing exactly the same, z0ttel. Works fine!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Approved Member

Hi,

I've played COD with the existing installation for over one hour on Win 7 without any crashes or other problems - seems to work fine.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Installed Win7 64 on a partition, copied folders across as described but didn't work for me (must have screwed up somewhere as Steam said game was not installed). I inserted the DVD and re-installed it but don't seem to have lost an activation (nothing regards remaining activations came up).

For future reference I have seen seen mention of using a 'verify game files' option in steam but where is it?

(I went through various menus and options and could only find game back -up/restore - I'm a Steam Noob...)
Old 04-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
Installed Win7 64 on a partition, copied folders across as described but didn't work for me (must have screwed up somewhere as Steam said game was not installed). I inserted the DVD and re-installed it but don't seem to have lost an activation (nothing regards remaining activations came up).

For future reference I have seen seen mention of using a 'verify game files' option in steam but where is it?

(I went through various menus and options and could only find game back -up/restore - I'm a Steam Noob...)
Right-click the game in your library, choose Properties, and then you should find it somewhere in the tabs. Don't remember, and since I'm at work I can't check.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

That explains why I couldn't find it, Steam didn't recognise it as being installed even though I copied the folders to the correct locations. Me thinks I shouldn't have logged into Steam when I re- installed it before copying the Cod folders over.....