Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Mods

Mods Men of War mods and other improvements

Old 03-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Approved Member

Default Dynamic Campaign Generator 2.0

Jason1, one of very dedicated modders released his latest version of the Dynamic Campaign Generator 2.0, a modification for Men of War.

This mod allows you to create your own dynamically generated campaign, to set up your units and battle the AI to gain new territories without any modding or programming skills. Definitely worth a try if you are a skirmish player, or just a singleplayer gamer that wants to get his hands on something new and challenging!

The mod thread, download and instructions can be found here:
DCG 2.0

Thanks Jason1 and everyone who participated in this great piece of work!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Approved Member

This sounds awesome!!! thanks so much, will definitely prolong MoW

Great news thanks again
Old 03-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Great mod, been playing it with great success since I got it. Easy to use and set up.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

And I just posted how disappointed I was with out the skirmish mode versus the AI.

Thank you, so very much.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Approved Member

Nevermind!

Last edited by Saryk; 03-24-2009 at 03:17 AM. Reason: found the problem
Old 03-24-2009, 06:31 AM
Approved Member

For anyone who has question on how to install and/or use the DCG, here is a quick guide on using it from http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums...=2778&start=80

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I will try to help as best as I can. DCG is a great add on, and fun to play. Suggest you all DL it, and give it a try.

1. After you beat the mission. and you get the mission complete screen overlay (the one with the continue button in the top right)

2. Make sure you have the mod .exe running in the background.

3. switch back to Mow, press continue.

4. Press escape and save your game
NOTE: Make sure you save your game with the SAME name as the subfolder you specified in settings..
IE "C:\Users\Youruser\Documents\My Games\men of war\profiles\Yourprofile\save\Result
"Result" being the folder you specified as your save game folder in the DCG settings window..
In this case save the game as "Result".

5. MoW should now minimize and bring up the operations window, where you choose your new units and such.

6. Do what you need to do.

7. When you've gotten the 'Tada' sound (after specifying what units you want, where your attacking/defending and setting up your units on the map)

8. Enter Mow again and from the escape menu, restart the mission, it will load the next one.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Is there away to have more than 3 units? I can understand of limiting starting points to purchase units, but not the amount units.

There are some maps that used water, but where there should be water is a graphic distortion. Is that just because it’s beta, or is that my computer?

Is there a main website that houses all information on this mod? Or is it the link in the first post?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

I have not found an offical website yet, just the one at DMS http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums...p=39225#p39225

Ive notice the distortion as well, all I have done is restart the current map, and it seems to fix the problem, if you have not tried that yet. I also noticed a distortion if you save a game, exit MOW, and then play it later. Again, I just reload the save, and it fixed the problem. Think it is because of it being a beta.

As for the unit, you start off with just 3, but as you beat maps, ie taking over the enemy base, youll have the option to start another campaing map. when you do, your units will go up by 1 for every map you complete. IE, you beat the first campaing map, you will go up to 4 units, beat the next map, you go to 5, so on so forth, until you max out at 7 units.

Most the time though you can beat the maps with just 4-5 units. Also, depending on what country you start as (Germany, US, USSR) depends on your starting points. I beleive the US has the most points to start with, and Germany the least.

Hope this bit of information helps you out. Anything else, again, feel free to ask, and I will try to help.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:31 AM
Approved Member

I just downloaded the map pack for this editor as well. Something else I reccomend you all to DL, as it does add alot of extra maps to the game. It does have some fun ones too, least what I have seen in the Africa campaign so far.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Problem

When I run the mod my infantry cant kill the enemy infantry unless they are 2 feet from them. The only way i can kill them besides running next to them is to bring up a tank and methodically mow them down......but it takes forever. Love the mod though, just having this one prob....

THNX