Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Mods

Mods Men of War mods and other improvements

Old 03-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

Default MOD: Realism Mod 0.3b by Lumme, Lepola and Vähäkylä

Realism Mod by Kalle-Erik Vähäkylä, Markus Lumme and Mari Lepola.

Current Version: 0.3b

Here it is, folks. A mod that modifies all the ranges, speeds, accuracies and weapons.

0.3b Changelog:

Some examples, not all:

-Weapon speeds modified once again, now a bit slower.
-Cannons are A LOT more accurate, now tanks don't miss anymore so often.
-Cannons keep their penetration value for longer distances, so you can still knock out tanks at 700 meters. (Only for single player for now, update will follow soon)
-Lots of small modifications to inventories, riflemen have more ammunition, US Machinegunners have the BAR, not the Bren,
german officers have mp40-smg's and many other similar. (Found bug: Only the german officer has an smg, not other nation's officers"
-Many of the penetration values have been changed to represent more realistic values.
-Some small vision tweaks, however, there are still lots to do.

0.1b
Some changes, not all:

-M1 Garand and M1 Carbine now fire semiautomatic, quite fast and both kill with few shots.
-M1 Thompson has only 20 bullets in a mag, like most of them had.
-All the bolt-action rifles fire lot more faster now.
-Example: Range for the K98k German rifle is now about 1 kilometer, not 70 meters.
-All the other ranges are also modified.
-Stg 44 is a lot more better now, like a real rifle.
-Weapons kill faster
-Speed of the bullets are modified. Now it does not take a forever to reach the target. A sniper round goes instantly to 200 meters. From 700 meters there is a minor slowdown, like in the real life.
-Mg42 now really fires about 1245 bullets per minute, just like the real thing. Not some lazy 500 rounds per minute.
-DSHK is a beast now. Accurate, deadly and loud. It really is a beast.
-Many of the fire rates have been modified. Thompson has a 800-1000rpm, while the Grease Gun m3 has only 300-400rpm.

Many, many other changes.

Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/206869727/Realism_0.3b.rar

Megaupload:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UA06ES54

Ask and I will answer. Help and support is accepted. I also take some suggestions for future.
I made it with my friend Markus Lumme and my fiancee Mari Lepola, so half of the thanks go to him and her.

Please remember that this really is a beta, and lots of work still exists.

Last edited by Erwin; 03-10-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

Sounds cool. So are all ranges improved on all weapons? And is the line of sight also improved??

Ohh nice. I have bearly seen the MG42 in MoW yet. Seams like all germans only use Mg34 for some reason...
Old 03-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

For some units, line of sight has been improved, but not for the most. It is difficult still for me, but be patient.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

Fast work Erwin...

are there any penalties applied for upping the fire rate?

MG42 for example would destroy its barrel if fired in too long bursts.
bolt action rifles perhaps a little more sway if trying to fire to rapidly ...good for suppression but lose accuracy

perhaps random jamming for some smgs ie Stg44 if fired on full
Old 03-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

I started modding two days ago. Before that i did not have any experience. So be patient. For now, i dont have idea how to edit them. However, when firing full auto by infantry, the mg42 cant hit anything. I made it so, so you need to control fire.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin View Post
I started modding two days ago. Before that i did not have any experience. So be patient. For now, i dont have idea how to edit them. However, when firing full auto by infantry, the mg42 cant hit anything. I made it so, so you need to control fire.
Well done....Ill shall give it a try in a bit.
Im sure you will get lots more help and suggestions once all the Faces of War modders/community shift their attention to Men of War
Old 03-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

Okay, there is a small halt now. A problem has risen.

When firing a cannon for over 50 meters, the armor penetration starts to decrease. A tiger would penetrate 130 points at 49.9 meters, but only 129 at 50 meters. From this point on, the number gets smaller. At some 100 meters the number is about 80 and so on. At some like 200 meters, the Tigers cannon has completely lost its armor piercing capability, now it has some about 6 to 15 points of it.
I do not know a workaround this, so help would be appreciated. If someone could tell me how to modify this effect.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Registered Member

The last problem has been fixed, but now, after some updates, the game comes to a strange crash:

Something about "number expected!"

>>>>>>>main
>>>>>>mp.threa_single.exec
>>>>>thread.exe
>>>>clockthreadnExecute
>>>File"/set/stuff/gun100mm_d10c"
>>file "define 'accuracy_panther' "
>file "define accuracy
2: {spreading
3: {radiusTable {0 0} {50 (* 0.3 %r1)} {110 (* 0.45 %r2)} {130 (* 0.75 %r2)} {170 (* 1.05 %r2)}}
4: }
5: {parameters "fg"
6: {spreading

The game points out that there is something wrong in this:

(define "accuracy"
{spreading
{radiusTable {0 0} {50 (* 0.3 %r1)} {110 (* 0.45 %r2)} {130 (* 0.75 %r2)} {170 (* 1.05 %r2)}}
}
{parameters "fg"
{spreading
{radiusTable {0 0} {50 (* 0.5 %r1)} {110 (* 0.45 %r2)} {130 (* 0.8 %r2)} {170 (* 1.2 %r2)}}
}
}

This sshould not crash. There is nothing wrong with it!

I cannot continue. I have no idea where it fails. I haven't even touched the "100_d10c" file where the error points out. It is over my head. Someone please help.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Registered Member

Blaa blaa, now I have fixed these matters, so expect a new update in the weekend.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:40 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin View Post
Blaa blaa, now I have fixed these matters, so expect a new update in the weekend.
Hey, fellow modder here. I have a little advice from years of modding many games, some went commercial others were free, but I have about 15 years experience with game design/editing. (My Aliases were GunMod or Gunslinger if you want to look up some of my freeware mods for driving/combat flight sims and Ghost Recon, Operation Flashpoint, etc.. it's been a few years but I know some of my GTA Vice City ones are around)
Please don't take this criticism the wrong way, but here it is:
Test Test Test. I've found out the hard way the best way to get people to use your mods and respect you is to only release as bug-free as possible mods. You can have a test team that is willing to try stuff out, but for general releases to the public make sure your mod is golden. There is nothing worse than working 16 hours straight on something, tired, then thinking everything works, releasing it then 10 seconds after doing so you realise something is broke. I usually have about 10 trusted people test my mod to see if anything is broke or to make suggestions. Never have I released a mod this way and not had a problem or two pop-up that I didn't think about. I hope you understand what I am trying to say and I wish you luck. Who knows, if I get the game I might give you a hand if you want it.