Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > Technical issues

Old 07-01-2009, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Giving 1.2 a shot. Will post back.

I expected the FoV to be changeable like in most other games without crashing. It wasn't until I started crashing that I checked here for support. Imagine that?

For the FoV fix 1.1 it is recommended that you start a new chapter (I.E. starting a new game). I didn't want to start over from the beginning, being that I just got to the Shadowhand glove. The levels are pretty long. And as expected, with the 1.1 FoV fix with patch 1.1 I am experiencing some crashes since I tried to give it a shot without starting over. Reverted back to standard FoV fixed it though. But it doesn't look that great with such a squashed FoV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gniarf View Post
Why didn't you try the FOV fix before posting? Did you even search for FOV related posts?
Patch to 1.2. If it still crashs, we've got a problem.
Perhaps you could have done that a little bit earlier?

And yeah, ch4 DOES have performance issues. Live with it or bash the devs (though that won't change anything).
I'm not much for bashing devs. But I do express some frustration with the crashing, as it's annoying as hell. Especially since it seems standard for appropriate widescreen support. And ch.4 really buckled my system down ranging from a smooth 60 fps to a flatline 4 fps at times. It needs some serious tweaking. Take that as a bash or constructive criticism - your call.

Anyhow, thanks again for the feedback.