Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:05 AM
Registered Member

Default Hurricane MK IIC Mod

Hi Folks,
My first experiment with modding IL2 COD. This mod will change the armament and engine of the default rotol hurricane I to 4xHispano 20mm cannons plus an uprated Merlin XX (1185HP). The mesh remains the standard MK I for now while I work out how to add the cannon barrels. The result is an aircraft which will shred any and all bombers very promptly.

*Health Warning*
Clearly, the use of such a mod will be considered as cheating by VAC. DO NOT use this mod online otherwise you will risk loosing your entire Steam account and all attached purchases. Just in case, I personally have two purchases of IL2 COD associated with 2 separate valve accounts - I use my main account for un-modded IL2 cod online plus all my other games and use the secondary account for IL2 cod mods just in case there is a misunderstanding. Please be careful not to go online accidentally with this mod enabled - you have been warned!

*Installation Instructions*
1. As with all other mods, please download and install sfsMod v1.1 (http://junk.kegetys.net/il2cod_sfsmod11.zip and follow the readme)
2. Download the attached hurriCannon.zip and unpack into your IL2 COD installation folder (~somewhere\il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover).
3. Create a new shortcut which executes "~somewhere\il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe -mod=hurriCannon

*Usage*
Once successfully installed and activated, you should see in the QMB/FMB a new aircraft called Hurricane MKIIC. Select this aircraft and enjoy - the default convergence is set to 200 yards. Note that while this armament is incredibly powerful, rate of fire and the number of rounds is limited. Nevertheless I find that this aircraft can make very quick work of anything else with a quick burst.

Enjoy!

Dave.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hurriCannon.zip (33.5 KB, 155 views)
Old 07-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

This weapon is very destructive.
How do you fit it in the selection of aircrafts available on the QMB ?
At the moment he does not appear in the QMB list but it is available in
the missions Quick of the game
Thank you for your help
Old 07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

pics?
Old 07-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Hi Folks,
My first experiment with modding IL2 COD. This mod will change the armament and engine of the default rotol hurricane I to 4xHispano 20mm cannons plus an uprated Merlin XX (1185HP). The mesh remains the standard MK I for now while I work out how to add the cannon barrels. The result is an aircraft which will shred any and all bombers very promptly.

Get the Cannon barrels working, and i will use the mod
And then add it to the spit and i will use it even more
Old 07-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

I can't find the Huricane MkII C on the planes list on the QMB
I have only the ROTOL with the lights guns and the MKI with olso the lights guns...
Can you say to me how to have the Huricane MKII C on the QMB ?
Thank you for your help
Old 07-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Approved Member

oh geez.. and here it starts..

Fair play to the Op for creating this mod but at what point now do i know if ive been shot to pieces with 4 hispanos online?
Old 07-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Well CoD was always designed to be open to modding.I assume 1C is relying on steams VAC ban system to stop cheating happening online, so hopefully it won't be a problem.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
I really hope that VAC is already running and banning if necessary.
Couldnt agree more, dont want this community spilt just yet

Wait.....actually?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

Default Hispano's no affect on ground targets

Dave,
The hispano's have no effect on ground targets.
In the free flight QMB over Dover there is a fuel storage dump just upstream from the coast. The standard 303's will light this up but the hispano's just flash and the tanks do not explode.

Cheers
Old 07-30-2011, 03:35 AM
Registered Member

Hi Folks,
Thanks for the feedback - not much point in a pic since it looks just like the normal Hurricane. Very interesting that the hispanos are not/less effective against ground targets - I'm not sure what can be done about that. The hispanos & ammo are a core part of the game - the mod just references them (there is a lot of stuff in the sfs files that is not used right now). We could always quickly switch to the 109's MG FF's and see if the same problem is seen. I will also look into the QMB issue.

I want to ensure the community that my objectives in creating this mod was to see if it could be done - the mod was never intended to encourage cheating. One advantage of the "VAC will detect you using this mod in multiplayer and ban you" approach is that the game can be open to a degree and modifiable. Personally I think that 1C / Steam hit just the right balance here where we have the freedom to do these kind of things in single player while the VAC system should keep the multiplayer environment relatively clean and honest. If there is evidence of misuse of this mod I will pull it, but I assure you that its very easily done once the sfs files are unpacked. (It took me about an hour of reading various files and copying what had been done for the in game aircraft. The developers kept this part very organized and tidy - good stuff guys!)

Best Wishes!

Dave.