Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Default Mods & Online play?

Are any mods allowed to be used online?

Or are they all for offline play only?
Old 07-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

Offline play mate..obviously you can use them online but you run the risk of having a permaban
Old 07-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Approved Member

i always use them online

only sound mod ! of course

Last edited by JG1_Wanderfalke; 07-21-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Ali Fish

removed due to wrong information.
corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post

Most importantly, I need to mention something about Valve anti-cheat. Valve has their standard feature running on top of multiplayer, and we have some of our own additional checks. The way it works is not an automatic immediate server ban, but rather a data-gathering and review process resulting in eventual account ban from all multiplayer for the game.[/COLOR]

So while many of you may enjoy playing around with game content, please do so offline. We do not yet have the user interface for switching between modified and stock files, nor do we have the server GUI to allow/disallow custom content so that makes things a little more difficult for the players. We’re probably going to ignore any infractions before today, but we’ll become more aggressive in the coming days. Please be warned. There will be a wide-scale account ban once we identify a large number of culprits. Everyone will be banned simultaneously, with no prior warning or chance for redemption. If you do not wish to be made an example of, please do not use ANY modified files in any online matches.

After all, cracking the game is against the EULA and theoretically we could ban everyone who has ever tried any mod, but that of course would serve no purpose. Once again, we do not mind you fiddling with your own game on your own machine, as long as you don’t use that ability to try to give yourself an unfair advantage online.
[COLOR=DarkRed]

Last edited by Ali Fish; 07-21-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

Thanks lads,

So official line 'Do not use them online'

But some are using them online and have not been banned.

Anyone know what a ban would entail? Just CloD or your whole steam account? (just for my curiosity)
Old 07-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
Thanks lads,

So official line 'Do not use them online'

But some are using them online and have not been banned.

Anyone know what a ban would entail? Just CloD or your whole steam account? (just for my curiosity)
Read that post above that Ali quoted from Luthier....

but we’ll become more aggressive in the coming days. Please be warned. There will be a wide-scale account ban once we identify a large number of culprits
Old 07-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Ali Fish

its carefully worded just enough to put you off modding for the time being. I have no doubt Luthier has never even given this aspect a second thought , his first thought is development.

IM positive i can remember another comment regards visual only changes and there will not be problems with that. i can not find that comment though.

a review process. if your reviewed as using scenery mods, then you have no issues. start taking advantage via weapons and or FM in the online arena and you should expect problems.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

heey Ali thanks for your work on the terrain
it's going to be an excellent mod
what about the soundmods online
Old 07-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Ali Fish

well i deem sound mods like graphic mods, its just a cosmetic change. the real problem with mods is people using the concept to boost there abilities online into the realm of taking advantage by unfair means.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
Read that post above that Ali quoted from Luthier....

but we’ll become more aggressive in the coming days. Please be warned. There will be a wide-scale account ban once we identify a large number of culprits
I have read it, but it does not answer my question. Wide scale account ban is not clear to me, CloD account, Steam account?? By wide scale i assume he means numerous accounts, not wide scale on one account.. its just ambiguous to me, that's all.

Can a ban in one game get you banned from all other games on steam?