Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Approved Member

Default Messerschmitt Bf 109 engine start-up sound

Hello all I been going nuts about the old sounds this game has I mean some of the sound files i heard on other Flight sims 8 years ago They need to be just as good as the grafixs other wise this game is no better then a 8 year old game. I'm willing to help out to make this happen I have a sound program that can change the pitch/speed/tone and make the sounds longer or shorter to what its needed also can change the form of file needed ..MP4 MP3 WAV etc etc Im not any good with making programs or mods patches but if theres people out there that know the rest i would be happy to put in what i know to do here is a sample of what we could start with P.S. i can record ANYTHING my computer speakers play Play this video at the 0:40 mark

http://youtu.be/yFCLq1HGxDE
Old 06-24-2011, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

Now that gets my motor running.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
Now that gets my motor running.
I love the first 3 secs sqweeling
Old 06-24-2011, 06:45 AM
Approved Member

Heh, so now we know where the Hyperlobby startup sound comes from, sounds like a 100% match from 0.41-0.46.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
Heh, so now we know where the Hyperlobby startup sound comes from, sounds like a 100% match from 0.41-0.46.
Lol, yup
Old 06-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Approved Member

Very nice mate

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:41 AM
BigPickle

Problem with putting that into the game is the startup sequence animations are completely wrong at the moment because they are too fast.
So untill the devs make the speed on the start-up correct those sort of realistic sounds cant be added without increasing the sounds tempo to fit the animation.
The best i could do with my BPSoundSuite, Is the best that can be done with my knowledge level at the current sim state

Last edited by BigPickle; 06-24-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Nice!

But where I was impressed was by this!
DB-601 Engine sound simulator for electric R/C planes

Awesome

And this is how the sound system looks like:

300US$ for a sound system is a bit on the heavy side but, I decided BEFORE I spend money on a TrackIR5 (in order to get rid of this stupid "no gunsight" side view on the Bf109), I will buy one of these and connect it to my throttle
Old 06-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
Problem with putting that into the game is the startup sequence animations are completely wrong at the moment because they are too fast.
So untill the devs make the speed on the start-up correct those sort of realistic sounds cant be added without increasing the sounds tempo to fit the animation.
The best i could do with my BPSoundSuite, Is the best that can be done with my knowledge level at the current sim state
I'm able to strech the sound or shrink it to a point and still be able to keep the same pitch
Old 06-25-2011, 05:09 PM
BigPickle

Yeah i can do that, its what i did with the BPSS, but the sound engine is also changes the sample's tones and pitch to fit the animation, so currently the best you can get if for myself or from Jaffa.