Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 07-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Default 1C Company, I just love you!

Hello guys,

Well, you have really done a pretty good job with Star wolves 3. I am enjoying almost everything about it so far. I was not expecting this to be a free-of-bugs game since, frankly, you messed up with star wolves 2, which was so buggy I couldn't play it.

Now since you're planning for an expansion, please include the trading element in the game. Notice that the mothership is often described as a trading vessel yet trading has very little to do with this game. You could for example have certain trading stations offer certain items, like fighters or weaponary, for a standard price but then have one or two stations, preferrably in far away systems, sell the same stuff much cheaper. This way one could make a profit but it takes time and effort to do that.

Please notice that what makes Star wolves shine is the brilliant mix between several elements, mainly strategy and role-playing. For this game to be even better, why not enable the players to meet other characters, like Greyhair, earlier ? I really enjoy making choices about who leads the team in a fight, who pilots which spacecraft, what guns and equipment each pilot should have, etc.

I thank you wholeheartedly for a series of games which really dwarf other video games' companies, European and American alike.

Yours Faithfully,
Leith
Old 07-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

SW is tactical squad-based strategy with rpg elements, for now it's not a 4X game
Old 08-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastix View Post
SW is tactical squad-based strategy with rpg elements, for now it's not a 4X game
4X games have no trading. For the most part they stay true to their eXplore, eXploit, eXpand, eXterminate flow.

Having variable prices is a norm for RPG games, since it allows for one to be a Merchant (makes money out of selling/buying) and a Trader (makes runs to get X at best price) which both deepen the gameplay. Think Freelancer here.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

Maybe my English is so bad ......

For NOW SW is strategy, Tactical Strategy with some rpg Elements