Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 04-05-2008, 04:30 AM
Registered Member

Default Cant wait!

This game looks awesome! Soldiers HOWWII Was one of the best games I have ever played. Me and a bunch of mates all got it and played multiplayer for at least a year after finishing the single player campains. Theres very few games that have a replay value like that! This game looks like it has all the best bits of Soldiers and more.

Will we have to wait until the boxes hit the shelves here in Australia or will we be able to pay and download it on its release date?
Old 04-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Approved Member

We will do our best to let you download it from our Buy&Download section as soon as the game will be released.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:04 AM
Registered Member

Fantastic, Thanks for the reply. I have just looked at some of the videos on you tube and the game looks like its very close to complete. Cant wait to get some more of that tank Vs tank fun.

Will the game still use the AP/HE rounds as options that you choose before firing? That was one of my favourite features of the original game. Having to out flank a tank, come crashing through some trees to hit a weak spot in the rear with an AP round. Awesome game!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Approved Member

Yes the game features different ammo types, even different behaviour within the ammo types, i.e. small calibre HE shells will do only minor damage.
It's also in our mind to add more ammo types such as APCR, but this is not sure yet.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

Fantastic! I think that was one of the best features in the original. The different types of ammo really changed your tactics. Fighting against a tiger or panther with only HE rounds meant shooting off a track and then going into finish the tank on foot with AT Grenades.

Making the tanks have true to life weak spots and hard points also made the game really stand out. It wasnt like all the rest, where you just get as many units together and rush the other side. It forced the player to really think about it and set traps. Multiplayer was awesome because a really skillful player could do some serious damage with carefully shooting AP rounds.