Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 05-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

Default Rebalancing of tanks needed!

1. Make heavy tanks more expensive and encourage use of medium/light tanks (T-34, Panzer 4 maybe even panther). Panzer divisions weren't made up of King tigers and the occasional Panther.

2. Make ERA specific battles. I have heard this ALLOT ALLOT ALLOT! JESUS this pisses me off. Make era specific, where you could choose 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943 ET CETRA. So, for example, in 1940 Infantry would be very powerful, and Panzer-3 would be considered a strong tank.

Sure it might take some work importing single-player guns and tanks into multi but I think it would be worth it.

3. Make Su-100 more powerful.

4. Make the following tanks EXTREMELY expensive: IS-3, T-29, Sturmtiger, pretty much all Japanese heavy tanks that were not put into mass-production.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: Nerf the ******* calliope US tank. Its so OP i want 2 cry. It was useless IRL and this is why it was produced in pretty much insignificant numbers.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

Nah your just playing shit games with high income. If you play with 350 income you will rarely see a King tiger.
Unless you don't put pressure on em, which allow em to get super heavies.

I agree that Su-100 could need a boost.

Is-3s, Sturmtigers and T-29s already cost alot. And are most of the time not worth it. In a normal game.
As for the Japanese tanks? You expect em to fight the enemies entirely with Ha-gos and Chi-hes?

Also the US Calliope is the weakest rocket artillery in the game. Its great for dealing with infantry, dont get me wrong and it got great armor.
But it can't really kill anything else then Infantry. It can even have trouble taking out AT-guns etc..

Also the Calliope only got 150 in range. Which makes it pretty easy to counter.

Last edited by Evilsausage; 05-10-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

I hate 600 games. I play 350, and usually it ends in panzer4/jagdpanther/ maybe even king tiger semi-spam. at the very least tanks like KV-85, pershing and Panther gets used, ALLOT. In reality, vast majority of the tanks should be Panzer 4's, T-34's (t-34/85 should be cheaper but i also think the 85mm gun is 2 weak...) and Shermans (the elite versions should be kind of like the panther is compared 2 the panzer 4's).

Panthers should be cheaper and have much worse side armour.

Calliope is so OP it is unbelievable. And ya, it can completely and utterly CLEANSE TWO areas of infantry. That is the problem.

BUT STILL, MY MAIN REQUST IS DEFIENTLY ERAS. I WANT TO PLAY 1941, 1942 1943 ET CETRA.

Last edited by Nikitns; 05-10-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

calliope is best rocket artillery. It has 50 or so rockets (no need 2 reload), and after spending them you got a M1A2 sherman. Obviously Sherman is utter shit vs tanks, but it works very well as an artillery unit.

I suggest at the very least to decrease its range and increase the cost, to show that it was very very rare IRL.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Approved Member

also Japanese have that extremely good medium tank with sloped armour and uber gun. I think dropping the other heavy tanks would be wrong, but at least limiting them to 1 per team or something, considering they were only on the drawing board.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitns View Post
ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: Nerf the ******* calliope US tank. Its so OP i want 2 cry. It was useless IRL and this is why it was produced in pretty much insignificant numbers.
I fear this tank. I only use about 4 light infantry squads, 2 light tanks, 1 MG and 1 Mortar, along with a APC all in one area rushing the enemy. I absolutely fear it, along with everyother rocket in the game. Never fought one before but it sounds absolutely devastating. It could take out all my infantry with 1 rocket barrage and knock out my light tanks with its cannon, but by the time I reach it and destroy it I would only have a squad left. Useless in real life, maybe, devasting in game.

I think the tanks are alright. If you want a evenly matched game play Germany vs Germany (not really fun though). Every army has their own tactics. For Germany, its hit and run with tanks and trucks. For Japan, Artillery barrage followed by tanks and infantry.

Japan is going to have lots of infantry, artillery, and light tanks. The tanks for Japan is fine. They aren't going to get bogged down in the rain as much as the American tanks and are good for hit and run also.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:29 AM
Approved Member

Lol, still not convinced the Calliope is broke. Saw it again today, it cut loose one full barrage on my dad's Pzr IV E and all it did was take out a track. Its just an even more powerful Anti-Infantry tank then the standard Sherman
Old 05-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Yeah the Calliope is fine. Its only really good vs inf and it has shorter range then all other rocket artilleries (only 150m).
Old 05-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Approved Member

I lost 8 infantry squads and a small tank against this thing!