Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Skins and Repaints for BOB COD

Old 05-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Approved Member

I suppose you fellas know about the book.....and the film.....Bothworth the time to read and watch..

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge overclocked to 4.80GHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
Cooler: OcUK H2 Flo Extreme Cooler
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR
Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick
Saitek X36 Throttle(completely modified)
Old 05-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Approved Member

@FS~Lewis

Cool! I didn't know about either.
I think I'm gonna check out the movie.

Thanks for the hint m8!
Old 05-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Approved Member

Glad that info was of some use....I have been aware of the film and of the book since a child.....and have personal interest in the story as Hucknall aerodrome (where Von Werra tried to take off in the 'experimental' Hurricane) and also Codnor Park (where Von Werra stopped to chat in the guard room with the railway chaps) are very local to me....

Another point worth mentioning is that 'The One That Got Away' (1957) Movie was made on location in UK using all the original locations even down to the specific wall that Von Werra jumped over to get away across fields....so in some ways it is like a documentary.....its also a GREAT FILM which I have seen a number of times...

Also it is common knowledge that Von Werra fabricated a lot of information both to the british and to the germans at the time of his exploits as a pilot and so the book and film is not only based on Von Werras account of the events but is also coupled with first-hand accounts from many of those involved "First published in 1953 it was probably the first book about WWII that gave an objective and fair view to both sides, and as such, was an immediate sensation. It was filmed in 1956 with Hardy Kruger starring as von Werra."

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge overclocked to 4.80GHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
Cooler: OcUK H2 Flo Extreme Cooler
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR
Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick
Saitek X36 Throttle(completely modified)

Last edited by FS~Lewis; 05-12-2012 at 09:46 AM.