Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon

Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

Default Extra Speed for Knights/Paladins?

Hey Guys,

I love my Knights/Paladins but they are just so slow! I'm playing a warrior so I can teleport one of them but not the other, leaving my Paladins lagging behind.

So what items are there that will speed them up? Even speed 3 would be nice!

I currently have a pirate follower that speeds up pirates but as I don't use pirates any more he's going to waste, maybe there a different follower that speeds up Knights/Paladins instead?

Cheers,

Daniel.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1darklord View Post
Hey Guys,

I love my Knights/Paladins but they are just so slow! I'm playing a warrior so I can teleport one of them but not the other, leaving my Paladins lagging behind.

So what items are there that will speed them up? Even speed 3 would be nice!

I currently have a pirate follower that speeds up pirates but as I don't use pirates any more he's going to waste, maybe there a different follower that speeds up Knights/Paladins instead?

Cheers,

Daniel.
Belt of the Victor.

You can try the Red Sands mod/expansion but it is a little rough due to the lack of translation. Within that, your units can level up, and one of the possible random benefits is +1 speed.

Also, instead of teleporting, you can try Mass Haste instead. Won't get you there in one round, but it lasts longer and affects more than one unit.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Aha I'll keep an eye out for belt, not seen it yet sadly, but fingers crossed!

Meanwhile Mass Haste does sound possible, I will have to work on my distortion magic, it's at 2 at the moment so not to far off.

Demonesses could work to, haven't found any yet though.

Daniel.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Approved Member

Demonesses can solve the problem for both of your units: teleport one of your slow guys into the middle of the enemy, and bring the swapped enemy unit right next to the other slow guy.

If you have Tactics, you can start with the rest of your army--ranged guys, and the Demonesses themselves--at the other side of the arena, so the enemy would have to move to hit anyone other than the paladin or knight right next to them.

Some arenas--Demon suppression is the one I can think of off the top of my head--have sort of "wings" on the map that have only one hex adjacent. If the one you Demonic Transfer out starts inside that pocket, and the one you leave behind is in the adjacent, the enemy you swapped for cannot even walk out to hit the rest of your army.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Approved Member

I like the sound of that! So far I'm merely using my paladins to advance slowly and give my Royal Griffons a second turn, while grabbing a chest if one happens to be nearby. Of course later everyone gathers for a big group hug!

Daniel.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

While I think Demonesses are sexy babes, I just hate how they can't be resurrected by the Paladin.

I think they would make a good combo otherwise. Pious men with sultry vixens. Can't they make Demonic Children? Haha.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

They can't? Damn there goes that idea then...

Daniel.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

You don't really need to have them at the front at once. Just wait with your units until the enemy comes to you or if they have ranged troops, wait until next turn and cast haste on the pallys. If you have demonesses they can also swap the pallys or knights with another troop.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

I've found some Pilgrims Boots which give the lowest movement unit +1 to movement, so far it seem to be giving it my Knights every time, which is actually quite handy.

Daniel.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Approved Member

In Crossworlds there is also the artifact known as "Belt of the Victor" which gives all units +1 speed and +50% defense. Is that overpowered or what? Warriors have a better chance of getting it but if you're lucky you can find the parts in stores.