Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon

Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

Default Fool's Cap

I've purchased the Fool's Cap, which according to its description is supposed to give "+1 Morale to all troops". Yet when I equip it, none of my units (engineers, droids, cannoneers, royal snakes) gain any morale. Is the item bugged, or is there something wrong with the description?
Old 02-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah View Post
I've purchased the Fool's Cap, which according to its description is supposed to give "+1 Morale to all troops". Yet when I equip it, none of my units (engineers, droids, cannoneers, royal snakes) gain any morale. Is the item bugged, or is there something wrong with the description?
I believe it is a description problem, though that is basically the same as a bug from our standpoint eh?

It gives +1 Morale to Humans. Yeah, not so impressive now is it? .
Old 02-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

What the... I already responded to this thread that it only works for Humans. I guess the web monsters lost it. Ugh.

Anyway, that isn't the only item that has this problem. Some "Army Drums" also only works on Humans too.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Approved Member

Argh. Time to find some new headwear, then. So much for the idea of trying out the Lucky Set, too - I already used up the charges on the Dice (there's no way to "reload" them, is there?) and I assume the Jolly Roger mainly gives some bonuses to pirates/sea dogs, which I don't need?
Old 02-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah View Post
Argh. Time to find some new headwear, then. So much for the idea of trying out the Lucky Set, too - I already used up the charges on the Dice (there's no way to "reload" them, is there?) and I assume the Jolly Roger mainly gives some bonuses to pirates/sea dogs, which I don't need?
No, the jolly Roger is a weapon that gives +20% crit damage. It's really good actually. That set is bordering on awesome... but the lucky dice having no luck makes them pretty bad .
Old 02-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
No, the jolly Roger is a weapon that gives +20% crit damage. It's really good actually. That set is bordering on awesome... but the lucky dice having no luck makes them pretty bad .
Unless I am missing something, isn't +20% to crit damage the same as +20% to base damage?

So the +20% to crit damage is far worse, since you NEED to hit a crit to benefit.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
Unless I am missing something, isn't +20% to crit damage the same as +20% to base damage?

So the +20% to crit damage is far worse, since you NEED to hit a crit to benefit.
Yes +20% damage would be better, but this is a single item we are talking about that effects all your units. How many items give +20% damage to an entire party? The Mechanist set (or whatever its called) gives +20% damage to engineers and droids, and is about as close as you can get.

Did you have a specific item in mind when you said 'far worse'?
Old 02-26-2011, 11:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yes +20% damage would be better, but this is a single item we are talking about that effects all your units. How many items give +20% damage to an entire party? The Mechanist set (or whatever its called) gives +20% damage to engineers and droids, and is about as close as you can get.

Did you have a specific item in mind when you said 'far worse'?
Dagger of Judgement. It affects all units.

Axe of Elements, Lightning Style.

While the Jolly Roger affects all the units, not all units are great critical hitters. It only triggers IF the critical hit occurs. You are better off raising your critical hit percentage since all criticals hit do maximum damage, so you get an implicit damage bonus anyway.

If I were melee specific, I would use the Drill or Battle Axe.

For low damage units, Whip of Fire or Assassin's Dagger.

There are a lot of bows that increase damage, but mostly for the bow units.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
Dagger of Judgement. It affects all units.

Axe of Elements, Lightning Style.

While the Jolly Roger affects all the units, not all units are great critical hitters. It only triggers IF the critical hit occurs. You are better off raising your critical hit percentage since all criticals hit do maximum damage, so you get an implicit damage bonus anyway.

If I were melee specific, I would use the Drill or Battle Axe.

For low damage units, Whip of Fire or Assassin's Dagger.

There are a lot of bows that increase damage, but mostly for the bow units.
Yeah, those are a bit different though. Axe and Dagger are both awesome. Those aren't +20% damage though. The Drill or Battleaxe are of course very specific. The types of armies you use those with tend to be... not so great.

I would never equip the Jolly Roger over the Dagger of Judgement, and probably not the axe of lightning.

As for whip/dagger/astral bow and other +1 damage items, those are obviously REALLY awesome with level 1 units. The girl power army feuled with +2 damage is I think the highest damage army you can make! (Drool, and add in the dagger of judgement for a Warrior for truly epic crit chance too!).
Old 02-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yeah, those are a bit different though. Axe and Dagger are both awesome. Those aren't +20% damage though. The Drill or Battleaxe are of course very specific. The types of armies you use those with tend to be... not so great.

I would never equip the Jolly Roger over the Dagger of Judgement, and probably not the axe of lightning.

As for whip/dagger/astral bow and other +1 damage items, those are obviously REALLY awesome with level 1 units. The girl power army feuled with +2 damage is I think the highest damage army you can make! (Drool, and add in the dagger of judgement for a Warrior for truly epic crit chance too!).
Yeah, but neither does Jolly Roger. It only does +20% damage to all units SOMETIMES. Therefore, it is a fair comparison to use expected value. So, using the Paladin unit as an example,

He does 18 damage average, and I'll start with the base critical hit of 10%.

At 10%, the "effective value" of critical hit average is 19.2.

I calculate it as such
(Unit1MaxDamage*CriticalHitBonus*Unit1CriticalPerc entage) + (Unit1AverageDamage*(1-Unit1CriticalPercentage))

Give him the Axe of Lightning +10% critical which is always given in the game (unless you prefer the other items), at 20%, the critical hit average is

Jolly roger only works on criticals, so the formula is
(Unit2MaxDamage*CriticalHitBonus*Unit2CriticalPerc entage*1.2) + (Unit2AverageDamage*(1-Unit2CriticalPercentage))

19.8 for Jolly Roger.

As your critical hit percentage improves though, Jolly Roger closes the gap more. To be practical, critical hit percentage is higher on average due to Critical hit Mind Tree and Blind Rage, so Jolly Roger might actually be somewhat better on average. Hard to say though since Jolly is only +2 attack vs +5 attack of Axe.

Jolly Roger is clearly better if you have 100% criticals. I think it breaks even around 40% critical hit relative to the Dagger of Judgement.

100% criticals is most easily achieved with Ranged units and perhaps the Demons. Another option is to use Doom.

However, with Ranged Units, you almost need a lot of other items to get to the maximum critical point and there are tons of items like the yew bow, arbator, +damage items. Even if you had Trigger for +25%, there are a lot of items which help do more damage than +20% for the subset that would benefit the most.

Hey, I went with Drill. It does WONDERS with the Shrek build. I had two Battle Axe, but it turned out ultimately the +critical sort of builds ended up being better than the +damage builds. The Shrek Build did fantastic damage and was able to tank fairly hard (although was susceptible to poison and fire).

I guess the reason why I rag on it is because, it is semi-rare (at least for me) and the total set appears sort of weak. It has a totally disposable and non-rechargeable item (the dice!). I almost never want to use it since once it is used up, it is all gone. It is a pretty good item since some of the bonuses are pretty sick, albeit, random.

If the set gave you something ridiculous, I would be willing to put up with giving up the key slots. I guess joker's cap is OK. I just wish the dice was rechargable. Perhaps it would be too overpowered though. Hmmmm maybe this calls for another KB build that involves the Joker's Set.....

Maybe I was wrong, maybe the Joker's set is really well thought out. With the +20% critical base, +1 human morale,... the Jolly Roger would easily be superior to potentially the dagger of judgment if the Joker's set was complete.

The only problem with girl power is that it is verrry hard to achieve ~60 attack in the early rounds of battle (Frenzy is the only other way to get them really high up). Nevermind that even if you do hit 60 attack, you need the enemy to be darn close to 0 defense.

Because of that, it is not always easy for them to reach their maximum damage potential which can easily push probably 50-60K per hit.

I also hate how fragile they are. There was a lot of fun to the "beefy build" guys like the Shrek Build and Mega Summon build. Sure, I can only do like 10-19K/damage on average but they were nearly invincible and never lost damage potential by much.

The fairies are fast though and float! Ah... finally I can use traps with impunity. They are almost like the ranged armies.

Nothing quite beats the power of the little Goblin though. They can easily hit100% critical thanks to the Orc +10 morale bonus after the first kill, adrenaline lets them have a random chance to attack again, Zeroing In raises their attack every round... they can easily hit maximum damage so quickly.