Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon

Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

Default Demonologists or Necromancers

Hi, so far the funnest army to play with for me is Black Knights, Bone Dragons, Archdemons and Demoness

for my 5th slot Im not sure if Demonologists or Necromancers are better, or mabey somthing else? What do you guys think?

With the setup above, and having the sets:
Princess set
Undead set
assassin set
darkness set

They are awsome.. however I use Agvares (after useing the Moro for along time to get the splinter of darkness), and I changed his gloves/belt slot to a helmet slot
Old 01-31-2011, 03:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTek View Post
Hi, so far the funnest army to play with for me is Black Knights, Bone Dragons, Archdemons and Demoness

for my 5th slot Im not sure if Demonologists or Necromancers are better, or mabey somthing else? What do you guys think?

With the setup above, and having the sets:
Princess set
Undead set
assassin set
darkness set

They are awsome.. however I use Agvares (after useing the Moro for along time to get the splinter of darkness), and I changed his gloves/belt slot to a helmet slot
I like demonologists better, but honestly, if you are going to use mods and cheats, you can probably use anything to win.

Demonologists are great since 2/3rds of the time, you will summon a furious demon or executioner. They pull a lot of aggro away from your main team.

I never really use undead, except for Black Knights to kill bosses (for no-loss).

Necromancers are fairly versatile, but I don't like their resurrection options (I think I have to use eviln on them too.)
Old 01-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

The thing that lets sets down is that there is nearly always one item which is so pathetic that it makes wearing the whole set not worth the effort.

I would choose demonologists, Undead and Demons i have never even used (due to morale problems).
Old 02-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minecontrol View Post
The thing that lets sets down is that there is nearly always one item which is so pathetic that it makes wearing the whole set not worth the effort.

I would choose demonologists, Undead and Demons i have never even used (due to morale problems).
Yeah, that is really annoying about the Sets. They are not efficient.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
Yeah, that is really annoying about the Sets. They are not efficient.
Man though, I just totally lucked into the Undead set (skull of death, Gloves of the necropolis, amulet of death). I only use Bone dragons as undead, but the items in it are just solid.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Man though, I just totally lucked into the Undead set (skull of death, Gloves of the necropolis, amulet of death). I only use Bone dragons as undead, but the items in it are just solid.
Oooh, true, that is a very good set for undead. +1 speed and initiative is such an incredible buff.

And yes, surprisingly all of those items are good. Although I think Hands of the Necropolis is... borderline "not quite" as useful, unless you are going for the maximum XP run.

I love using moldok for that reason (for orc units).
Old 02-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Oooh, true, that is a very good set for undead. +1 speed and initiative is such an incredible buff.

And yes, surprisingly all of those items are good. Although I think Hands of the Necropolis is... borderline "not quite" as useful, unless you are going for the maximum XP run.

I love using moldok for that reason (for orc units).
It is definitely the one I'm most willing to swap out. +2 attack and Defense though is at least a decent set of stats. +10% crit belt though...

Right now it gives my bone dragons 7 initiative, and that means always going first even against most Hero's, so I'll go with it.

Interestingly I also have the full Girl Power Set. I really wasn't planning on using it though. I'm one scale shield away from the strongest set in the game... maybe I'll find it in Shattera... (shyah right).
Old 02-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
It is definitely the one I'm most willing to swap out. +2 attack and Defense though is at least a decent set of stats. +10% crit belt though...

Right now it gives my bone dragons 7 initiative, and that means always going first even against most Hero's, so I'll go with it.

Interestingly I also have the full Girl Power Set. I really wasn't planning on using it though. I'm one scale shield away from the strongest set in the game... maybe I'll find it in Shattera... (shyah right).
Most of my games, especially as a Mage, I can never get the full Scale Set.

I was really happy to finally use it with my Warrior's Ogre Shrek game. At times, I would actually not use it though to do even more damage. Ah, fun times.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I never really use undead, except for Black Knights to kill bosses (for no-loss).
How would Black Knights help for a no-loss vs Bosses? Sure, they have steel armor but their HP is low and they are more a dps unit than a tank imo. If you want a no loss, it's better to have units with a lot of HP, like dragons and some demonoligists for the demons they summon. Maybe even some Royal Thorns for some extra units to soak the damage.

When it comes to choosing between demonologists or necromancers, it's easily demonologists, since they can resurrect any troop(even undead) and those demons are just OP sometimes. The necros are good against big stacks of weak units though.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

I've never used Black Knights myself (I hate the annoying evil chuckle noise they make) but I've read here several people use them with defence increasing spells and EvilN to solo battles, apparently it's an effective strategy.

So many different strategies eh, just shows how many different ways you can have fun playing these games!

Daniel.