Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon

Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Smile

I like Paladins,,,them are hard
I like Demoness,,, them transport some army behind my enemy line
(maybe paladins)

Red and Black Dragons I like too...

I hate Orcs and Dwarf army....
Old 10-26-2010, 03:48 AM
Registered Member

Verteran Orcs are the best. Counter-Attack every time. Love it.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

I hate using those 5 Archmages (splitted in 5 stacks) , early in the game , to get Guardian Angel medal to lvl 3 in 16 battles.

or

Those 5 inquisitors (Splitted in 3 stacks ) to Exp the Pet Dragon , by abusing
Mana accelerator - Holy Anger - Phantom Spell .
Old 12-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Assassins useful? Has anyone actually put them to good use on no-loss scenarios?
Old 12-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
Assassins useful? Has anyone actually put them to good use on no-loss scenarios?
I should probably take them off that list. I was hoping with the new buff, it would make them good, but... their "Servant of Death" "buff" is really the worst debuff / penalty in the world.

I can't haste them, I can't stone skin them. The only thing I can do is use Phantom on them and teleport. They are too darn slow to be really useful even for a Phantom run too!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Approved Member

Has anyone used ancient ents as a tank unit?

Would be interesting, to teleport them to the frontlines every battle, they have phys resistance, a huge amount of HP, can root enemies and poison resistance from being plants.

Only problem is of course fire (and resurrection).
Old 12-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minecontrol View Post
Has anyone used ancient ents as a tank unit?

Would be interesting, to teleport them to the frontlines every battle, they have phys resistance, a huge amount of HP, can root enemies and poison resistance from being plants.

Only problem is of course fire (and resurrection).
Of the new units, I have not really played and experimented with the Faun. The Faun can actually resurrect the plant units, and supposedly very efficiently.

It isn't clear if the faun himself can resurrect himself. If not, it would be a very weird combo requiring paladins and/or rune mages.

Someone here posted a very nifty combo where they used Demonesses, fairies, and ancient ents to good effect. Basically the demoness would infernal swap the ancient ent and some enemy.

Let the fun begin

I think of all the big units, they did end up having a VERY good damage per leadership score. Although, being a big unit, that isn't saying much since almost no level 5 can match the lower levels in terms of pure damage per leadership.

Lack of the shoot-through ability hurts too, as it is nearly impossible to fully tank out the stronger units in the late game without taking some losses.

That said, there might be something there, I just haven't found it yet.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I think of all the big units, they did end up having a VERY good damage per leadership score. Although, being a big unit, that isn't saying much since almost no level 5 can match the lower levels in terms of pure damage per leadership.

Lack of the shoot-through ability hurts too, as it is nearly impossible to fully tank out the stronger units in the late game without taking some losses.

That said, there might be something there, I just haven't found it yet.
Well, you're unfortunately wrong.

Ancient Ent can easily match dmg/ldr of lower levels, few can compare with them, especially againts high lv unit (lv 3-5).

No, you don't use ent for shooting, its main use is rooting so your army can laugh at your enemy.

Well, the fact is it can tank better than all lv 5 except perhaps troll, though if you consider faun, it tank better than troll.

My statement is purely based on gameplay experience, i have tried them myself and surprisingly they seems the best lv 5 to me after those 3 dragon type, my 2 last no loss play through was with all elves unit + paladin , first is paladin class then 2nd is mage.

And surprisingly all elves is the best for caster, either mage or paladin that is inclined towards mage build. To be specific, crowd control caster.

I guess that reflect their race (elves) as the usual master of magic in most games.

And ancient ent is one of the most damaging if not the most damaging lv 5 unit, i can assure you that. It is also one of the best disabler lv 5 unit.

Its only weakness is vulnerable to fire and irresurectible.

But now we have faun, so the irresurectible weakness is easily overcome.

Its greatest weakness is vulnerable to fire which is easily overcome by divine armor, have divine armor and a couple of fire resist items and it will destroy dragons with utter ease, even archdemon is no match for ancient ent. Divine armor instantly flip the negative fire resistance to possitive fire resistance and then boosted by fire resistance item, ancient ent can have 90% fire resistance.

As for faun, combo it with dryad, and lv 1-3 creatures are utter joke. Dryad sleep means enemy spent their turn which means they're vulnerable to faun sleep.

Faun magic damage also very high. It also induce the target with fear, well, free fear if i must say. Mage have 3 fear, while paladin and warrior have 2. Ofc it will goes to faun if not managed properly, but spells and other units can overcome this drawback and if their initiative and speed is less than the faun they can play hit and run with faun.

And Ancient ent will disable those who survive and manage to get close to your druid/hunter/elf by rooting them. Just cast stone skin (you can add divine armor and peacefulness if you want) and this ent is instantly the best tank in the game because it can also root.

You can cast target/teleport or both if you're mage which make enemies goes to ent, and this means they'll will be all rooted and locked to the ent, you can combine this with fearing/sleeping/blinding them and this cause your ent and all of your army will be unattacked (by lv 1-4 creatures) till the battle is over. And in case you manage to score some losses in your ent, remember that you have faun, their plant resurrection capability is insanely high, most of the time you don't need to phantom them to bring your ent to its full number.

Ancient ent can also intercept lv 5 units and root them in place. My favourite target is ogre which is the most annoying lv 5 unit for me, and of course dragons (they screw any army), another target is orc chieftain. In case you forgot, it can instantly root magic immune creatures like black dragon and phoenix.

This make elves the master crowd control race in the game. And also the most magical.

The Key in playing elves is crowd control or disabler, and if the battle goes to long, it will easily favor the elves, they have dryads and druids which can summon summon and summon until they're too numberless for their enemies, not even undead could hope to match elves numbers (which is funny).

Well, you can choose to have quick or long battle, both situations favor you, dryad has no retaliation and very high damage, insanely high if you count her thorns army, hunter/elf are best archers, druids is a combination of dryads and hunter/elf, ancient ent ranged dmg surprisingly far surpass that of your hunter/elf, unicorn is very fast and has very high damage, faun is support unit and has very high magic damage via its talent.

And only a fool that want to have a long battle with the elves.

Cheap trick for faun is with thorn army + thorn set. But i don't really like its playstyle. So i use all elves + paladin for playing with faun.

The most beautiful thing about elves is their unit synergy, they work in tandem with each other performing perfect symphony and harmony (though it is tricky), no other race can achieve this.

Last edited by atlatea; 12-25-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

As you say atlatea, elfs are now quite powerful an ridiculous versatile. Orcs may be a bit more powerful with all the adrenalin but the lack the crowd abilities of them. Well, that happens when you give a particular race more creatures than the others.

Seriously, we need more creatures in other races (demons anyone?) and there are quite a lot of them in the misc "race" that could be in other races (robbers and marauders in humans) and maybe a race for spiders and snakes (okay this one is a personal favourite of mine XD)

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Approved Member

Sorry, I should have rephrased. Although I am a little bothered how you took my comments completely out of context.

Shoot-through as in no retaliation like dragons and gorguls. Not the shooting ability, even though it does do a lot of damage.

I usually do this to get no retaliation hits on very strong stacks. I'm pretty sure your ancient ent is going to take some losses, and yes the faun can recover this. I said the fauns are supposedly REALLY efficient at resurrecting. I said this all in the same post.

I said there might be something there, I haven't found it yet, yet suddenly I am completely wrong? You realize by proving me right or wrong, you are automatically incorrect in that assertion, since I said there might be something there, but I haven't found it yet.

That said, the debated comments are

Quote:
All I said was ents' do not have as much damage per leadership as lower level units, but it had one of the best for a Level 5 unit. I never said anything about using them in combinations.

Ancient Ents have about 0.10 damage per leadership on average, and no real item synergy (besides the diploma, which doesn't really raise damage) to raise this much higher.

That is easily trumped by the lower levels like super fairy power (Girl Power Build), Porc Goblin Delight (Goblins!), Black Knight Barrage, etc, but admittedly, the Goblins and Fairies need the right items to do so. 100% criticals, whip of fire, assassin dagger, the fairy set, etc.

Again, I didn't say ANYTHING about spell combinations or team synergy or survability, in which case, your are correct in that you have a good combination.

However, you still have not proven that Ancient Ents have higher damage per leadership than a lower level unit like a Demon, Fairy, Hunter, etc... I don't think they ever can, except naked. e.g. key factors being the attack rating of ents is very high relative to the lower level units, so if you can't get it to at least 60 in the ranged units, you will never achieve the maximum values of the lower level units.

Funny thing is, I didn't even say more damage, I said damage per leadership. Period. Although, I should have prefaced it with, the proper items if that wasn't obvious.

Last edited by ckdamascus; 12-26-2010 at 09:45 PM.