Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon

Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
Yea I found the paladin skill the most useful; mage special skill (for me) was totally useless; made me sad. The warrior counter attack is very decent but obviously this depends if you most use humans or not.
What is the Mage's new skill?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
What is the Mage's new skill?
At level 3, reduction of 25% leadership requirements for all mage-like units such as
Shaman, Demonlogists, Rune Mages, Archmages, Necromancers, Druids, etc.

It isn't horrible, since the Rune Mage is an excellent unit to have and it puts the Mage's leadership at about par with the Paladins with regards to mage units.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

It is not that horrible, but inferior to the other.

Well, most mage type units are not that good, both in dmg or survival, they're just there for support. I usually left my rune mage after i got to verona, and using it again in the last island loop (i use unicornxp loop sequence) only for taking on bosses (especially k'tahu).
Old 11-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Approved Member

It is nice, yes. I find the Paladin's skill very usefull, although as I tend to kill the opposition fast around midgame, I did not invest in it further then level 1. I bet in long battles it pays off.

Even in The Legend this Mage skill worked for many units other then the ones the skill description mentions. Hmm, this will be worth investing with my demon build due to the demonologists.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
It is nice, yes. I find the Paladin's skill very usefull, although as I tend to kill the opposition fast around midgame, I did not invest in it further then level 1. I bet in long battles it pays off.

Even in The Legend this Mage skill worked for many units other then the ones the skill description mentions. Hmm, this will be worth investing with my demon build due to the demonologists.
It pays off a lot in those mid-game battles where you got one super stack fo red dragons that has to tank a LOT of hits, and you simply don't have the firepower to really cripple the enemy yet. Boom, the little holy armor thing goes off ... whew.

Yes, the Mage demon build will work well with it, but don't forget the rune mages too. Don't forget the level 3 summon. Ahh.... so many disposable units. So much fun. I also had verrry high critical hit rates with those demons. Also a mage can do a few spot resurrections or dual phantom rune mage to resurrect more stacks units in a single round.

I think with that build I went with
- rune mages
- arch demons
- demons
- demonesses
- demonologists

You can also do phantom demonologists so you can keep threading the enemy, and reviving your archdemons as they smash their way through to victory.

It was quite evil. Against lesser bosses, I find archdemon was my best bet, and phantom demons was 'OK'. The rune mage and demonologists weren't too bad for the summon tankage.

Against greater bosses like Ktahu, Gremlin... oh god. I think I had to succumb to black knight stack.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:22 AM
Approved Member

In 1.3.1, a bug no doubt as it is written in Russian, if you mouse over your Defense, you can see the number of Counter Attacks you have remaining. Naturally, this also means you have the ability to Counter Attack.

So, you can check which units can counter-attack during battle.

By the way, while casting berserk on your Horsemen is nice, I like how counter-attack works on...

Ogres, Orc Chieftains, and Trolls. I just finished the game using those 3 guys are mega monsters in the mid-late game along with Black Dragons and Rune Mages.

Ogre with ogre rage avoids the need to spend time on berserker.

Last edited by ckdamascus; 01-14-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Hi all,

Since I trained in the Academy and did the mission, I received the Counter-Attack skill, but I don't know where it shows up, how to use, how to level it, etc.

Any help? I'm sure it's very dumb, so if you help me, I'll let you mock me =P

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Hi all,

Since I trained in the Academy and did the mission, I received the Counter-Attack skill, but I don't know where it shows up, how to use, how to level it, etc.

Any help? I'm sure it's very dumb, so if you help me, I'll let you mock me =P

Thanks!
It is in the Magic Tree! Near the top-middle area.

It works on most humanoid melee units. It seems to let any melee unit counter attack an additional number of times based on the level of counter attack.

So, if you have counter-attack level 3, you can counter attack 4 times per round. When you mouse-over your unit stats (either in the defense tab or something), you can see the number of times remaning per round, albeit in russian.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Registered Member

Ah yeah, I knew I was being stupid ^^

Thanks for your help =) Too bad it only works for humans, I just switched to Orcs... But I kept a stack of Paladins, so maybe...
Old 02-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Ah yeah, I knew I was being stupid ^^

Thanks for your help =) Too bad it only works for humans, I just switched to Orcs... But I kept a stack of Paladins, so maybe...
I said humanoids, not necessarily just humans. So, it should work on NON-UNDEAD bipeds like orcs.

It works on Trolls, Ogres, and Ogre Chieftains which was the basis of my "Shrek" army.