Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon

Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

Default Warrior Skill - Counter Attack

Not sure if any of you realise, but isn't Counterattack a tad overpowered? It gives your humanoid troops a 100% chance to counter back at least 4 times I think. Added to the fact that as a fighter, you have higher attack /defense, this ability is devastating when used on horsemen.

Because horsemen already have an innate physical resistance, boosting it with stoneskin, items and arch mage shield, I am pretty sure horsemen are almost unkillable. Plus, when you can berserk them eventually, it is is just pretty insane.

At the moment, my berserk horseman stack, with a focus on attack, and items that increase physical damage, now kills almost every stack instantly on a critical strike or counter attack.

I am having lots of fun with it, but does it not kind of downplay the abilities of other racial creatures? Undead, for example, seem relatively weak, though I understand that if Counterattack worked with vamps / ancient vamps, it did be crazy.

Any thoughts on this skill?
Old 10-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Approved Member

Well, I guess we can put this one in the Overpowered Strategies basket, then.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Amusingly enough, I guess Counter-attack may as well be read as 'Grants the Furious Trait to all human troops' (100% chance for unlimited retaliation)

Funny cause I think this single skill allows some humanoid units to ironically perform much better than dragons or other similar level 5. But I am loving it though. Wish this ability would extend to ALL units - this would make all sorts of race or unit combination pretty interesting.

Anyone can change this skill to affect all units? =p
Old 10-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

It affects more than humans. I am almost sure of it.

Humanoid means human-like, we in two arms and two legs.

It does not specify "normal height" humanoids or all humanoids which would include giants.

Goblins, orcs, alchemist, shaman, skeletons, etc should count here. You'd be surprised, feel free to experiment.

I think it is a fun skill to have and might make for some very fun Impossible No Loss runs.

Opens up more options for different units.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

I am pretty sure vampires and skeletons don't get affected by it despite the fact they do have the necessary limb attachments. Ancient vampires with retaliation... now that is seriously scary but fun....
Old 10-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demagami View Post
I am pretty sure vampires and skeletons don't get affected by it despite the fact they do have the necessary limb attachments. Ancient vampires with retaliation... now that is seriously scary but fun....
Try it. According to the manual, they count as "short humanoids" (not to be confused with giants).

So they would have been affected by say the Steel Armor item.

Anyway, just treat them like any other unlimited retaliation unit, nuke them from afar or cripple them with spells first. Sheeped ancient vampires aren't worth much even if they do have 4 counterattacks.

Besides, this opens up more units, since there were only 2 major units that had "unlimited counterattacks". The royal griffin (and griffin) and black knights with the shard.

That really made those guys prime choices to use for high level game play. Now you can make horsemen useful, or other units, etc.

More options, more variety, more fun!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Approved Member

Demons/Executioners are 'furious' too.

I am finding the Paladin's Holy Armor skill pretty usefull, myself. Units taking only 50% damage, often saved my Horsemen from dying.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

I quess you ppl figure this ous by now, but i only started CW recently.
Warriors countrstrike works on Orc chieftans and Trol also 5th lvl unit with 4 retaliations = scary
Old 11-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

Yea I found the paladin skill the most useful; mage special skill (for me) was totally useless; made me sad. The warrior counter attack is very decent but obviously this depends if you most use humans or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Demons/Executioners are 'furious' too.

I am finding the Paladin's Holy Armor skill pretty usefull, myself. Units taking only 50% damage, often saved my Horsemen from dying.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

I agree with jake, warrior skill is decent, but it is not as good as holy armor in some of the hardest battle of the game. While mage skill is indeed the most inferior of the 3.