Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon

Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

Ah yeah, stumbled upon references to that "Shrek" army while browsing the forums. I'm going to look it up more precisely. Thank you for the precision, your help is much appreciated =)
Old 08-05-2011, 04:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demagami View Post
Not sure if any of you realise, but isn't Counterattack a tad overpowered? It gives your humanoid troops a 100% chance to counter back at least 4 times I think. Added to the fact that as a fighter, you have higher attack /defense, this ability is devastating when used on horsemen.

Because horsemen already have an innate physical resistance, boosting it with stoneskin, items and arch mage shield, I am pretty sure horsemen are almost unkillable. Plus, when you can berserk them eventually, it is is just pretty insane.

At the moment, my berserk horseman stack, with a focus on attack, and items that increase physical damage, now kills almost every stack instantly on a critical strike or counter attack.

I am having lots of fun with it, but does it not kind of downplay the abilities of other racial creatures? Undead, for example, seem relatively weak, though I understand that if Counterattack worked with vamps / ancient vamps, it did be crazy.

Any thoughts on this skill?
It's too bad that it doesn't work on dragons because I mostly use those for tanking. Humanoid troops(except lvl 5 orcs and trolls?) have low hp and you don't want to let the enemy hit them too many times. When you say horsemen have increased armor, try knights, pallys or black knights. They are also humanoids. I know they are slow but you can just cast haste on them or let the enemy come to you. ^^

Last edited by DeepSoul; 08-05-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSoul View Post
It's too bad that it doesn't work on dragons because I mostly use those for tanking. Humanoid troops(except lvl 5 orcs and trolls?) have low hp and you don't want to let the enemy hit them too many times. When you say horsemen have increased armor, try knights, pallys or black knights. They are also humanoids. I know they are slow but you can just cast haste on them or let the enemy come to you. ^^
Nahh, I think if the dragon had this skill, it would be too powerful. Does the skill affect Paladin and Dwarf
Old 08-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

I have counterattack and use Paladins and Knights, they usally take around 70 damage then deal 20'000 back. (they both have 100% critical for counterattacks)

Of course that assumes anything is alive by the time they get a turn, I always go first (onslaught) my speed 6 Knights walk over and usually insta kill 3-4 stacks of the enemy.

Should any die, well that's what my Paladins and Inquisitors are there for.

Daniel.

Last edited by 1darklord; 08-05-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Approved Member

Paladins and knights are good for counter strike skill, but i think orc`s really shine with it. Orc and orc veterans, with Moldok compannion are hilarious ,bring paladins just to revive them, but items you must get to have great time are battle axe x2 if possible. 40% more dmg for melee units is great in combo with counter strike, and they are easy to resurrect.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Approved Member

Has anybody noticed what this skill does on 3rd level? It says - "...counters any melee attack" - and it really does - my paladins, knights, even the EGDs counter against Royal Snakes, Assassins, Vampires!!! Although the EGD doesn't get more than one counter-strike per turn, it also counter-strikes against guys with "No Retaliation". Which makes this skill the most Imba of all!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord deSword View Post
Has anybody noticed what this skill does on 3rd level? It says - "...counters any melee attack" - and it really does - my paladins, knights, even the EGDs counter against Royal Snakes, Assassins, Vampires!!! Although the EGD doesn't get more than one counter-strike per turn, it also counter-strikes against guys with "No Retaliation". Which makes this skill the most Imba of all!!!
Hmm no I hadn't noticed that, it could be I never leveled it up to the 3rd level, will have to in future though!

Daniel.