Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon

Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiece View Post
Could be since the stone ability of the Cyclops says they are immune to spells of healing and resurrection.
Need to check that (first need to find some cyclops XD)
You guys are right.

Cannot revive!

Cyclops takes the number one spot for hardest to revive unit.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
Rune Mages can revive black dragons (the hardest unit to revive), are you sure they can't revive cyclops?
Well I've just played a huge chunk of the game with black, red and green dragons, archmages and cyclops and I had to take extra care with cyclops because the enemy kept attacking them (like they know I can't resurrect them!), so I had to protect them using stuff like glot's armor as revive does not work on them.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

So i have been doing this and seems work great...
Black dragons , Rune Mage (keep magic rune to revive BD) , and Inquisitors (extra moral) .... my blackies alone with Rune heal dish out all the enemies
Old 04-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
You guys are right.

Cannot revive!

Cyclops takes the number one spot for hardest to revive unit.
While it's true that rune mages can't revive cyclops, demonologists can. Unfortunately, the amount of lost troops that they replace isn't nearly as impressive as the resurrecting ability of rune mages or pallies, but they're handy to replace any unliving units in your army.

The most recent mage game I was playing, I ran for a decent while with rune mages, necromancers, demonologists, black dragons and cyclops. The demonologists were handy for cutting down losses among the cyclops and necromancers, but were really only really effective when my losses weren't that bad. They're not going to help you if you've lost half a stack of something like fauns or repair droids can with plants and droids respectively.

I'm still relatively new to KBAP and haven't tackled the hardest difficulty levels yet, so I have no idea how valid of a strategy backing up your cylops with demonologists is likely to be. Might be worth taking a look at if, like me, you find both units well before you come across a Time Back scroll.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Demonologists can bring back cyclops? Never tried that, cool!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Approved Member

I think I knew that already? I dont' remember haha.

Yes, I have used demonologists to great effect in my Mage build. I used them to help keep my archdemon number high. For severe losses, the rune mage was the big resurrector.

Phantom demonologists so they can summon for mega meat shields (hello summoner level 3 and hello archmage level 3 skill), and before the phantom demonologists disappear, resurrect a few archdemons while dealing damage.

It is nifty since it also does a fair amount of damage too.

Warriors get so much more leadership though, so I wonder how that would fly instead of using a mage.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Comment on pirate ghosts. Currently playing impossible paladin and having these guys is a blast. They rule naval battles since they gain independent morale bonuses from a companion and from the fight itself. Because of their high physical resist [50% as phantom] and magic damage I find that orcs, lizards and dwarfs simply get torn apart by these sea devils. ATM criticals vs their preferred enemy does 29-30k dmg, so robbing these guys [pirates, swordsmen and guardsmen] and gremlin towers is quite lucrative. Otherwise, inflicting astral damage against a line of orcs and lizards is such fun. Especially vs those damned shamans.

Right now I setup with Jimmy Kraud as companion, Jackboots [+1 speed, all +pirate items work on them], max physical resist from items, max power of darkness, tactics and adrenaline for speed 5 and init 6- usually can reach the enemy line in the first turn. After that I smash/rob, soak the retaliation then timeback/eviln. Rinse and repeat till sick. Another plus, having a max of 8 treasure chests to collect [3 from dragon as basic, 2 in the field random, +1 from the shovel and +1 from the pirate] at times. The game can be rolling in cash.

The downside, fire/magic/holy damage is a pain. Their special attack can be really weak or terminally insane. Heavily item dependent to excel and most other units take a morale hit from them. Don't do so well vs bosses [Zilgadis kills them in droves]. The verdict, can be used as a poor man's black knight or a rich man's raider.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XG_Man View Post
Comment on pirate ghosts. Currently playing impossible paladin and having these guys is a blast. They rule naval battles since they gain independent morale bonuses from a companion and from the fight itself. Because of their high physical resist [50% as phantom] and magic damage I find that orcs, lizards and dwarfs simply get torn apart by these sea devils. ATM criticals vs their preferred enemy does 29-30k dmg, so robbing these guys [pirates, swordsmen and guardsmen] and gremlin towers is quite lucrative. Otherwise, inflicting astral damage against a line of orcs and lizards is such fun. Especially vs those damned shamans.

Right now I setup with Jimmy Kraud as companion, Jackboots [+1 speed, all +pirate items work on them], max physical resist from items, max power of darkness, tactics and adrenaline for speed 5 and init 6- usually can reach the enemy line in the first turn. After that I smash/rob, soak the retaliation then timeback/eviln. Rinse and repeat till sick. Another plus, having a max of 8 treasure chests to collect [3 from dragon as basic, 2 in the field random, +1 from the shovel and +1 from the pirate] at times. The game can be rolling in cash.

The downside, fire/magic/holy damage is a pain. Their special attack can be really weak or terminally insane. Heavily item dependent to excel and most other units take a morale hit from them. Don't do so well vs bosses [Zilgadis kills them in droves]. The verdict, can be used as a poor man's black knight or a rich man's raider.
Wow, I always wrote them off as a novelty, but sounds like you got a pretty killer combo there.

Maybe I should try them out with the new Red Sands mod... Asmodeus can resurrect them if you can find bodies to feed....