Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:56 AM
Approved Member

without map kiting , warrior and paladin also can't get the map of Rusy-anchor without losses when he first reach Scarlett island , and if the guards have some ranged units like beholder, 0 loss is really impossible.

but it's easy to get the map in bolo, because there we can get cyclops(the best tank in the early game) and the guards are always all melee units or with less ranged ones.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinGold View Post
Hey DG, you may have to eat your words there. My impossible mage has wiped Debir, Scarlett, and Bolo clean, has a couple of fights left on Rusty, and hasn't touched Verona much yet. No kiting, no losses, and not a single +leadership item so far (didn't pick up Glory either.) With good battle tactics and strategy, a mage doesn't really need all that much leadership to be effective. If you need proof of some sort, just tell me what to take a screenie of!

Edit: Just checked my gal again. I do have a Commander's Helmet for leadership. My bad.
Well, that would make some difference. You should also be aware that each game is different. If you get a game where the map guardians are mostly ranged (or even worse, ranged with magic damage to make your cyclopses vulnerable), I'd like to see you doing it without losses. I had a few such games - in those even stone skin + target (provided you have those) doesn't help. If you have neither target, nor stone skin... Close combat enemies may overrun you.

Still, it is all about the game setup, so we can't make a generalization So... I'm not eating up my words just yet

Last edited by DGDobrev; 12-03-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

But but... you distinctly said it wasn't possible without SEVERAL +leadership items and kiting...

I should also mention the reason I forgot about the helm is because I'm not even bothering to fill up my leadership with units. I did the last 10 fights or so with 1 troll, which is less than 1/3 the leadership I have for 1 stack. In fact, the only fight I couldn't pass so far is the dragon with the several thousand flies in that cave.

Last edited by TemjinGold; 12-03-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

I'm sorry to answer for DGDobrev, but in this case exactly the Troll is what saved your skin. Imagine you didn't have this unit. I doubt you could manage it even with the +400 leadership given we are still talking about impossible and no losses.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melwin View Post
I'm sorry to answer for DGDobrev, but in this case exactly the Troll is what saved your skin. Imagine you didn't have this unit. I doubt you could manage it even with the +400 leadership given we are still talking about impossible and no losses.
My thoughts exactly, but in any case, he did really well and found a way to do it properly. So all I can say is great work Temjin, and keep it up

Besides, a Troll may be found on both Bola and Scarlet wind, as well as on a Wanderers' Scroll. Trolls are really great anyway - 15% Physical and Fire resistance + Regen at night and 30% physical and fire resistance at day and no regen. You simply need to have some luck and get one
Old 12-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Approved Member

Well, the original "challenge" was getting to Rusty with the mage on Impossible. I bought the troll in Verona so before I got the troll, I did have no losses, no map kiting, AND no +leadership items (that helmut was bought in Verona too.) I mainly used the troll for fights like Richard the Cruel, R-14, and a lot of the heroes sailing around Scarlett in boats.

It's not that hard as long as you:

1) Get the Grand Strategy and Trapper medals up to level 3 quickly (I did luck out in being able to buy Trap spell early.) I had trapper Level 3 after fight 28.

2) Focus on ranged units with only 1 tank stack. The key to no losses is to not put your units in harm's way to begin with. If you're actually fighting with melee units, you're going to incur losses unless the melee unit clearly outranks what you are fighting, which is almost never the case in Impossible.

After that, it all comes down to positioning on the field. That's what so great about this game in that it really is about strategy while most so-called "strategy" games make actual strategy optional. If it matters, I didn't reload fights either.