Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Approved Member

age of wonders is a turn based magic medieeval game

where u control a main hero and units to conquer enemy cities

it's quite addictive actually

but aow >aow 2 big time
Old 08-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

I still have AoW and AoW2 Shadow Magic, but I never really cared for II.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex View Post
Let me just say that I have played both King's Bounty games MANY times over and still like them and await the sequel, having said that and after finishing the Disciples 3 campaign after more than a month of playing though it (it is VERY long) I have to say the game is SUPERIOR to kings Bounty in every way, in fact, it steamrolls it and leaves it flat on the ground.
This is the only game that actually made me lose track of time and continue playing it long into the night, I didn't even do that for KB:AP, it is realistic in that it isn't cartoony like both KB games and it has this very exciting resources and building aspect built into it, your units evolve over time as long as you have the necessary building in your capital, the combat is top notch and the game very interesting, it is now my number one game of all time, it was so good.
For the next KB, it should borrow some aspects of D3 to make it more interesting.
Only played the demo of Disciples III, and although I didn't have any stability issues other than the fact that I couldn't actually save the game (), I found the campaign missions slow and tedious. Also the AI is very poor, which may or may not be improved with patches. This is a great disappointment to me, as I adore Disciples II and all the addons, and in fact I got onto King's Bounty originally when I was waiting for D3 in 2008.

But now, two years later, I feel that King's Bounty TL, AP and now Crossworlds to be far in advance of Disciples III in every department except for art direction, where Disciples III is excellent. But a pretty game doesn't make for a fun game.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

How you can like this abomination of Disciples series is really beyond my understanding and imagination.

Homm5 , Majesty 2, Disciples 3... ech Russians are really good in destroying sequels of my favorites games. <cry>

Katauri Interactive make exception from this with KB.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

Homm5 was the only game I jerked off my system the fisrt day and returned to the store.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash View Post
How you can like this abomination of Disciples series is really beyond my understanding and imagination.

Homm5 , Majesty 2, Disciples 3... ech Russians are really good in destroying sequels of my favorites games. <cry>

Katauri Interactive make exception from this with KB.
majesty 2 was quite good actually compared to the first(altough the dismissed some units)

homm5 was decent but had alot of patches to become good(but never compared to homm3) and it's mods

disciples 3 is quite a good game(but they fucked it with the mass amount of bugs in it)

and the race reduced to only 3
it could have been a great game if they only didn't mess with the disciples 2 setup which was near perfect for that game
(the only good thing they did was enhance the graphics)
props for that
Old 08-29-2010, 08:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash View Post
Without them picking up the series, I'm pretty sure that we'd never have seen Majesty 2 or Disciples 3. I don't really think the problem is with the studios being located in Russia (lots of creative potential and technical knowledge there, with much lower wages), but with the market changing. Or rather, with what (western) publishers want. I think 1CP and their studios show that some of the best PC strategy games these days are indeed coming from Russia.

I thought Majesty 2 was a decent game. I got repetitive somewhere in the middle, but I thought it was well done and I had fun with it.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

I loved AOW and AOW2, I didn't care really care for Overlord though... i found that taking the click out of point and click combat really made the gameplay a bit shallow. (Triumph Studios).

Disicipes 2 was a great game, though I tired of it after several campaigns and didn't play all the expansions.

As for the Russian Strategy Developers.

Katauri: Smashing brilliant success. If their next title was "Poo in a Box", I bet that poo would be well developed and well worth the money.

Nival: Developed Silent Storm, a couple games I didn't play, and then HOMM5. I enjoyed Silent Storm a lot and felt it featured a great turn based strategy engine. In terms of gameplay and features, it had a LOT. I can see why people wouldn't like the wonky story though. HOMM5 was alright.

Akella: Made Disciples III. Haven't played it but heard some bad things about it. They WERE working on Jagged Alliance 3 prior to Disciples... Perhaps its a good thing they stopped?

Czech Developer Altar: Made a bunch of those newer gen UFO games. I appreciate their efforts in trying to modernize an old franchise and hammer out its flaws... but they've lost a lot of the appeal of the original product.

I for one am glad the Russians are working on turn based strategies.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:03 AM
Approved Member

Well, at least some of you guys could play D3. I am in America so my box version came with the put the original disk bug even though I had the original disk. To get the patch for this wonderful DRM you need to email the folks at kalypso. Some of my friends couldn't even get that thing to install. The patch also took quite a bit of time to develop, considering that legit players couldn't even get the game to start. The only way around the problem for quite sometime was to download a no CD crack.

No thank you, for my money I would like a game that I can actually play without having to email the developer and hope that I get a response back allowing me to play when I have already paid. The game has some potential but the NA release was butchered to say the least. Heck, gamestop even let me get a full refund because every single copy that they had was unplayable in one way or the other.

Disciples 2 was a great title and it is very disappointing to see a sequel butchered, particularly one that was a long time coming and greatly anticipated.