Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

Default Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Whoever was on this forum. (meaning the forum was here before the game unlike the game in this thread)
I was'nt myself.

Anyway. Is it really a drawback that there is no other helo than the Apache? It is called Apache:Air Assult. It should'nt be a surprise.

Thunderstrike:Operation Pheonix on the PS2 had only one type, and it is my favorite attack helo game to date. Before you say or ask, i'm not a PC slave.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:33 AM
Approved Member

When the hell are we gonna get some info on this? Still nothing on Acti's site..
Old 08-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

Maybe the campaign revolves around apache's but then they'll throw in some other game modes (maybe a practice mode à la BOP) where we can use the other helos. It's something to wish for I guess.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

Hind DLC! (j/k)

I think if they get all the components right for one ship then I'd be far happier than if they had mulitple ships but with less features all round.

From that gameplay trailer, if it is to be believed, then it looks like they've got all the basic features of an Apache in place. The FLIR looks great and the 30mm cannon even sounds realistic. Kind of puts the recent gunship segement from big-budget MoH to utter shame.

I just hope the guncam/FLIR segements from the trailer aren't on-rails single-player missions. I want to be able to switch to co-pilot and guncam at any point during flight. The co-op aspect of the game looks all the more awesome at this point.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

Default I hope there is air to air combat

I sure hope we get to fight enemy helicopters at some point. But I guess there will need to be fictional missions for this. I can't even remember the last conflict where Apaches were involved in air to air combat, if there was one. I've been playing the demo on my PS3 and its really awesome. Can't wait to play it on my 360 with my Saitek Aviator. But it needs to be more than just shooting ground targets, don't you think?
Old 11-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetSaskia View Post
I sure hope we get to fight enemy helicopters at some point.
From the official website:

Its another helicopter and it doesn't look friendly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetSaskia View Post
I can't even remember the last conflict where Apaches were involved in air to air combat, if there was one.
I could be mistaken (and I will happily stand corrected), but I don't believe an Apache has ever engaged another aircraft in combat. Its actually pretty rare to see them with any sort of armament fitted to the outer pylon hardpoint.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

Hmmm... Am I the only one a little sceptical after playing the demo? "Realistic mode" and unlimited ammo? And how come I have ugly waypoint markers floating around in the sky and blue/red "friend and foe" (as far as I can tell from the demo you can't even engage friendly ground forces by mistake...) icons all over the screen when flying in "realistic mode", cockpit view and HUD turned OFF? The above takes away the point of having working cockpit instrumention! And what about fuel management? Will there be any good reasons to land, or will you just fly around spamming Hydras and Hellfires? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a helicopter version of Hawx...
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 LP | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 Lightning@1.3GHz | SSD: Corsair Force 3 | Hybrid: Seagate Momentus | QPAD MK-85 | QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 | Win7/64
Old 11-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

There is a "Veteran" mode in game as well - that has realistic limits to weaponry and no recharging. The fuel thing no one seems sure about at the moment!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Thanx! You just saved my day!
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 LP | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 Lightning@1.3GHz | SSD: Corsair Force 3 | Hybrid: Seagate Momentus | QPAD MK-85 | QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 | Win7/64
Old 11-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

I tell you what I would really like this game to have: a mode like training mode in IL-2 where you could pick a map and dogfight against up to 16 enemy aircraft. I'd love to see something like that in this game but with enemy helicopters. Wouldn't that be sweet?