Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

Default Anyone been playing Just Cause 2?

This game is amazing in almost every way. Very fun.

In the ps3 version you can take in-game videos and post them right to youtube.

Me flying different jets on the way to the "Lost" island...yes the entire Lost island is in the game.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

lol @ 4:05 nice fail.

Does look fun I must say.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 04-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

My little nephew got his mom to buy him this game, just last week or so. I've watched him play it, and have kinda played it myself. It's an all right game, nothing really special besides the crazy stunts and stuff like that you can do (which is fun). When he was flying the Harrier-like jet, he flew by that island and got blown out of the sky himself. He died when he hit the ground, and after a few tries, was getting frustrated that he couldn't just dodge the attacks that he didn't see coming. I tried helping him out, but I too kept getting shot down. I even flew at sea level to see if I could beat the lighting-esque attacks, but got blown up. lol

I didn't realize it was the "Lost" Island... probably because I can't stand that show...
Old 04-20-2010, 02:40 AM
Approved Member

I played the demo, and it looked to me like yet another roaming shooter. Reminiscent of the new Red Faction. Run around, blow things up, shoot people.

I hate games that are big on graphics, but the character modeling was annoyingly bad. No matter what kind of terrain the dude is on, going uphill or downhill, he never leans forward, he just clomps along in that same robotic trot. Try running up a hill like that, it doesn't work.

Also the goal of the demo seemed to be to defeat some Communist guerrillas, and so I didn't want to win, I'm usually on the Communist guerrillas' side.
It was like trying to kill Subcomandante Marcos. Evil mission.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

I like the demo for what it's worth. But I can already tell the full game would get tiresome quickly with repetitive missions and I would just end up wasting €60.

I have the same feelings about Red Dead Redemption, although that game appears to have a single player campaign that's worth a look.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Approved Member

I played the Just Cause 2 demo and had a lot of fun myself, but I'm not sure if I'd buy it.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:09 AM
Approved Member

Just Cause 2 is good, but I do see myself getting bored after a couple of months. At least I got it for free. Red Dead on the other hand is more interesting for me and the online is going to be awesome. Can't wait to free roam the single player map with four of my friends on horse back.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzm0 View Post
I played the demo, and it looked to me like yet another roaming shooter. Reminiscent of the new Red Faction. Run around, blow things up, shoot people.

I hate games that are big on graphics, but the character modeling was annoyingly bad. No matter what kind of terrain the dude is on, going uphill or downhill, he never leans forward, he just clomps along in that same robotic trot. Try running up a hill like that, it doesn't work.

Also the goal of the demo seemed to be to defeat some Communist guerrillas, and so I didn't want to win, I'm usually on the Communist guerrillas' side.
It was like trying to kill Subcomandante Marcos. Evil mission.
My little nephew was just over with his mom and dad, and the game. I guess you can actually work with the so called "Communist Guerrillas" in the game. They're not very Pinko like I'd like, but they're supposed to represent the Che Guevara side of Communism? None of the factions seem to be well developed, and I've kinda just been killing everyone except the civilians... (True Commie style. )
Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Approved Member

have and played JC1. was challenging for the 1st week....2nd week....ok. after that...total mind numbing repetition. the side missions had different purpose but the exact same way of completion. lost interest 1/2 way through. some of the gadgets were cool and fun...but not enough to keep interest to take over 30some provenances. liked the idea though...always wanted to run a desperate guerrilla war in a small Banana Republic...maybe that will become my "hobby" when i retire to Belize....
Old 04-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Hello all! New BOP player here... I did download the Just Cause 2 demo and it looks like a pretty cool game, but i'm going to wait for the price to drop down to $20-$25 before I get the whole thing.

I like the fact you can pretty much drive/fly anything moving in the game.