Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 06-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Approved Member

I dont think we understood each other again. Here`s what i thought : you play mage and all heappy when hit 2500 leadership get 1 black dragon and lead him around fighting and before you get 5000 lead, your 1 BD got some unit exp and upgraded some stats. So when you get second BD are they separated first BD is expert lvl from before, and second is noob just bought/hatched from egg, or you continue game with 1 stack of 2 BD on medium lvl where second BD got part of experianced one(they shared exp first gained during battles) ?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

I understood what you said but it would be strange to have 1 normal BD and 1 upgraded BD in your army at the same time at 5000 leadership. So it makes sense to have the second BD automatically upgraded. Yes, it seems unbalanced, but I suppose the game design takes this fact into consideration (harder battles, already upgraded enemies(!), etc ).
Old 06-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

Lol, wouldn't it be best to have 2 Semi-Upgraded Black Dragons, as I think that Fatt_Shade has suggested.
You have 1 Black Dragon, then trough battles, you upgrade it to 10th level (which I believe is the max level), then you go and buy yourself another Black Dragon... Now, in this mod, you'll have 2 x 10th level Black Dragons, which is not fair from some perspective. Instead, as in HoMM: Wake of Gods, you should have 2 x 5th level Black Dragons, which I think would be better.
I think that it wasn't done on purpose, rather, scripting out such a system take's time, knowledge and patience, and modders of Red Sands lacked one of those things, but then again, that's just my opinion.
Anyway, it's a great mod, and we'll have to play it as it is.

P.S. with my relatively humble knowledge of Russian language, I would be willing to help with the translation, if my help is needed.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

Ok my bad, we did understood but this is a bit of problem. As i sugested and bladeking rememberd in Wake of Gods you had that sistem where 1 experianced unit and 1 brand new made 2 mid trained troops, it was great. And there games lasted for months (game time, turn based) and enemy wasn`t much more advanced than that, since it was set to stationary enemy get like 3% exp/week or something. Here in KB-CW game time is from 7 days to 1 month (for all those who like to travel around) and making enemy advance in exp could be done in same way. I dont diss on ppl who made this mod, just sugesting to look at HoMM3-WoG scripts it was done great by them, so they already have reference how to make in work also in this mod Red Sands. I like ideas in Red Sands, and we needed something new to give other moders inspiration for their projects.
But as it is now this unit exp system could make serious unbalance in game play.
Here Pcbun had similar mod for KB-AP but many players complained about geting units to max lvl very fast and all battles got very easy even on impossible http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14741
(he also had great idea to make 5 reserve slots). I havent still dl this mod, but i`m guessing it was huge project to finish, and good job for all involved. But as every player i`m looking for ways to get game working for me, and this units sharing exp will make it very nice : get 1 unit lead it throught couple of battles to max lvl then buy as much as you can lead, and instantly you have full stack of high lvl units
Old 06-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, maybe you might have to download it and find out exactly how it works?
Since it is such a big gameplay change it might be that they balanced the game around this new feature? We'd have to play it through completely to find out.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

OK i`ll try it. I wanted to finish 1 playthrough on bladeking`s adventure mod to see how far i can build lvl (it have 5 medal lvl`s and i think 65 lvl is possible
Is this link to partialy translated version, or only pure russian ?
http://www.kingsbounty.ru/
If yes where is translated version, since i dont know a word of russian.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

Don't worry. The exp bonuses are balanced and polished. There are no inbalance features like it was in PCBun mod. Exp system more like some bonus for playing the same creatures through the game.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
OK i`ll try it. I wanted to finish 1 playthrough on bladeking`s adventure mod to see how far i can build lvl (it have 5 medal lvl`s and i think 65 lvl is possible
Is this link to partialy translated version, or only pure russian ?
http://www.kingsbounty.ru/
If yes where is translated version, since i dont know a word of russian.
No translated version ATM unfortunately. Karabaja says he's working on the translation and the estimated time is by the end of the week but then there's some fixes and it might take longer, it depends.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

No prob man, i just asked and saw on those screenshots unit stats translated so i was wondering is there some partialy translated version. I dl it and try but all i see is unit_skill_hint, chat_line_hint with NPC`c . . . and have no idea what`s going on. After dl, i need to instal it in my game folder, and place red_sands folder in session, or . . . is there anything else to copy to some exsact location?
I`ll w8 till official version, to try all this out.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillyra View Post
No translated version ATM unfortunately. Karabaja says he's working on the translation and the estimated time is by the end of the week but then there's some fixes and it might take longer, it depends.
No , what i've actually said is that one part of translation will be finished by the end of the week, but there's a lot more work to be done...