Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:31 AM
What the heck...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS69 View Post
Maybe Fearfactor didn't give this topic a good start.
Actually, my post was directed at you. However, since you didn't post the comment that I responded to, then my post is irrelevant. Sorry.... Though on it's own, the technical point I made in the first part still stands.

(Sorry 'bout that, fearfactor.)

Last edited by Treetop64; 06-07-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop64 View Post
Actually, my post was directed at you.
I acknowledged this, and understood the confusion. Sorry myself for flaming you.
Quote:
Though on it's own, the technical point I made in the first part still stands.
Yes, it still stands... on the Yaks!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

[IMO]

Me 262 has to have some "balancing" damage modelling.

A few MG pings in an engine and your done, its ablaze no matter how much you "dive it out", it reminds me of the FW190 wing damage, few MG hits and its time to head home mission over.

Bf110 has a explosion/flame retardant cockpit you can sit in it all day long surviving with fuel tanks exploding [last count was 45 fuel tanks exploding] also de-winged,
so some strange damage modelling has been around a long time, some has been introduced with the new patches like the bf110 endless exploding fuel tanks.

Would be nice to clean the bugs up but its a thankless task for them at times I imagine.

If it makes no sense and has never been fixed its not a bug its balancing

PS: check the Me262 climb rates also

[/IMO]

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 06-07-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Actually, there is some reversal on TD work getting more attention.

And more... its happening that there is some place for reasonable discussion here, so why not consider some very old points into mature discussion.

TD work is appreciated, and if they are not putting more things out, I'am sure it is from lack of resources and not from lack of goodwill.

Starting a topic about a weird subject, and keeping it clean, is actually signs of good health.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearfactor View Post
No, because fuel vapour from fuels in the jet fuel/kerosene/diesel family are not explosive even in vapour form. And you are on the Daidalos team? This is truly sad.....
Should've said that to those people who died on TWA flight 800... Also, how do those diesel internal combustion engines work? The fuel mixture in the cylinder... what does it do? Ignites and expands - which is pretty much equal to exploding.

And you are allowed to write around forums without the almighty smiting you for extreme stupidity.... Now that is truly sad.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Oh, and on a personal note, yes, I think all jets should explode, and it should happen within seconds of my joining what ever server they are in.

I hates jets, yesssssss I do...

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 06-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
No, because fuel vapour from fuels in the jet fuel/kerosene/diesel family are not explosive even in vapour form. And you are on the Daidalos team? This is truly sad.....
When I was pumping Jet A-1 into the wings of a twin turbine from a 44 gallon drum on a trans-oceanic ferry flight with vapours aplenty circulating in the cabin, I took comfort in believing the same as you say.

Later I found the official explanation of the TWA FLight 800 crash contradicts this view.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA_Flight_800
Old 06-08-2012, 02:07 AM
What the heck...?

Quote:
Wow. Really? Sure you know what you're talking about there, son?

Thank God you aren't on the Daidalos Team. Now that would be sad. You'd have us all wishing we still had CFS3.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:08 AM
zipper

The fuel crew at the airline I work for has to vent the tank(s) to below the explosive level (not ABOVE the explosive level, mind you) before work or entry. (I'm so glad I've "lost" my qualification for fuel tank entry - lol.)

On a slightly different plane, however, I believe the fuel tank explosions are ENTIRELY too huge. There is a nice story in Warpath Across the Pacific about a B-25 with an empty (with a few unusable gallons in it) 60 gallon lower fuselage fuel tank (in place of the useless lower turret) taking a direct AAA hit, catching fire, then exploding, blowing out the windows and the top turret's plexiglas leaving the turret gunner (nobody was seriously hurt) wondering "what the hell just happened?". In game, of course, there wouldn't be anything left...
Old 06-09-2012, 05:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper View Post
The fuel crew at the airline I work for has to vent the tank(s) to below the explosive level (not ABOVE the explosive level, mind you) before work or entry. (I'm so glad I've "lost" my qualification for fuel tank entry - lol.)

On a slightly different plane, however, I believe the fuel tank explosions are ENTIRELY too huge. There is a nice story in Warpath Across the Pacific about a B-25 with an empty (with a few unusable gallons in it) 60 gallon lower fuselage fuel tank (in place of the useless lower turret) taking a direct AAA hit, catching fire, then exploding, blowing out the windows and the top turret's plexiglas leaving the turret gunner (nobody was seriously hurt) wondering "what the hell just happened?". In game, of course, there wouldn't be anything left...
Finally.... a post with some meat to it.

It does seem like these fuel tank explosions are all the same intensity, no matter how much fuel the plane may actually still have. It would be sweet if they were dynamically programmed to react to actual fuel levels.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1