Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:10 AM
Approved Member

Not sure what is going on. I can suggest trying these.

1) check your video card settings relating to the monitor. I remember I had to create a custom resolution first. maybe you have do that too.

2) try using your desktop resolution in game just to see if that resolve the problem.

3) instead of directx, try changing this to

[GLPROVIDER]
Open GL=Opengl32.dll

4) something about SLI, but I have no idea what.

5) make sure you are patched up.iirc the game originally wasn't set up for lcd widescreen monitors. maybe there is something they did to the opengl dll in one of the patches that makes it run in full screen but didn't do for the directx dll? (I'm speculating here.) my experience, the game is much better in opengl.

Last edited by MadBlaster; 05-31-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:39 AM
Approved Member

Ideally, you shoud first try and run the game at your monitor's native resolution. Do you know what that is?

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 05-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD2MAXWELL View Post
OK, Im in, finally found the folder. Thnx for the directions.

NOW, I have the mouse working, got rid of the intro, and have been playing with the WINDOWS adjustments. I have tried all sorts of combinations. In the end the best that I can get is my monitor from left to right about 80% covered.

When I select FULL SCREEN in the game menu I go back to square one. And everything goes to hell.

SHOULD, the WIDTH and HEIGHT in the CONFIG FILE match my desktop resolution? Or should it match the resolution that I am going to run the program in? I would like to run the program at 1600x1200 32 BIT, FULL SCREEN.

I seem to be at the point where I am chasing my tail.

You all have had great input up to now, is there some magical combination in the [window] config file that I am missing.

Thank you again.

JGP
Hi,

It can be quite tricky to set up your screen resolution as it is a 10 year old game and the menu has never been updated to take account of modern gfx cards or bigger monitors.
However you can overcome this by using the conf.ini settings, BUT if you alter your conf.ini and then change the menu settings your altered settings are reset.
So set up the settings in the menu that you want, then close the game (if I remember correctly you can't change the conf.ini while the game is running), set your screen res in conf. ini, and start up the game again.
Remember, don't change the menu settings again.

For comparison here is my conf.ini settings for the screen;

[window]
width=1920
height=1200
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

Hope that has been of some help.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

Well my monitor is a DELL 3007WFP it is a 30'' flat screen, NVIDA control panel says that the native resolution for this monitor is 1280x800, but I run my desk top at 2560x1600.

I tried matching the config.ini from IL2FBAEP V1.22 to 1946 as IL2FBAEP runs beautifully full screen, but no joy, I am missing one thing here.

Heading off to work and will try later today, thank you, and I will let you know what happens early this evening.

jgp

Last edited by DAD2MAXWELL; 05-31-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

width=2560
height=1600

That's what you should be running it at. It should work without issue.

If it doesn't, try

width=1920
height=1200

or even

width=1920
height=1080

Try them in order and see how that works.

Also, make sure all of these setting are exactly like this:

ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

One last thing, before doing any of this, make sure you are using OpenGL mode in the in game video settings.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

"BUT if you alter your conf.ini and then change the menu settings your altered settings are reset."

Yes, this is worth restating. You could go round and round in circles.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:47 PM
Il-2 enthusiast & Moderator

Is it possible that Steam ignores the conf.ini and uses settings saved somewhere in the dreaded steam cloud?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

Cant wait to get home to try all of this, however confused by the OPEN GL thing.

Do I chage that in the config ini settings, as whenever I get things almost right and then touch that within game, things go to hell again.

IF IL2FBAEP runs in DX, DO I HAVE TO USE OPEN GL?

JGP
Old 05-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

no, change it IN GAME. Do that before you do anything. Make sure all your video modes and video options settings are where you want them to be, and then go in and change the conf.ini file. IL2 was designed to utilize OpenGL, and will perform MUCH better than in DX mode. TRUST ME. Do not run it in DX mode. The only time you would want to run DX mode is when you are trying to use fraps to record.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

That is part of my problem DROZ, if I dont get the resolution right BEFORE I start the game, I cant get in because the menu screens are off center to the right, and I cant get to the set up/hardware menus where I would select open gl etc.

JGP