Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Default Sept 8 WWII flight showdown is off. HOE delayed to Sept 22nd

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/searc...0Over%20Europe

Well this changes things. I was leaning towards HOE when they were both scheduled for Sept 8th, but now that BOP is coming out a full 2 weeks ahead of HOE I am certainly now leaning towards BOP.

Really I am bored, and there is nothing else that interests me between now, and then, and with BOP moved up to Sept 8th, and HOE moved back to Sept 22nd that is a pretty big deal.

If BOP's arcade mode gets solid reviews then they will probably have my $50 as chances are with HOE being delayed to Sept 22nd(Europe Sept 18th) there won't be any reviews for it out yet by the time BOP is released.

Last edited by dennis580; 08-12-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

i actually want this person to die IRL
Old 08-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post
i actually want this person to die IRL
I certainly won't stop you.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580 View Post
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/searc...0Over%20Europe

Well this changes things. I was leaning towards HOE when they were both scheduled for Sept 8th, but now that BOP is coming out a full 2 weeks ahead of HOE I am certainly now leaning towards BOP.

Really I am bored, and there is nothing else that interests me between now, and then, and with BOP moved up to Sept 8th, and HOE moved back to Sept 22nd that is a pretty big deal.

If BOP's arcade mode gets solid reviews then they will probably have my $50 as chances are with HOE being delayed to Sept 22nd(Europe Sept 18th) there won't be any reviews for it out yet by the time BOP is released.
You only wanted HOE(pun anybody?) because it was coming out sooner?

If you only want to play arcade, BoP has a mode for it and the Campaign will DEFINATELY be more fun and larger. Plus, I'm sure that your average casual gamer may play on Arcade mode too, so I wouldn't worry about multiplayer.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

Delay BOP to the 22nd and put in German cockpits!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Approved Member

No I was still leaning toward HOE even when both games were scheduled for Sept 8, but now with HOE being delayed til Sept 22nd that means BOP is coming out a full 2 weeks sooner. So it will have 1st shot at my $50, and like I said I am bored anyway as there is currently nothing I want to play, and nothing out between now, and Sept 8th. So basically if the reviewers say BOP's arcade mode is solid, and the SP campaign is solid then BOP will get my $50 over HOE.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580 View Post
No I was still leaning toward HOE even when both games were scheduled for Sept 8, but now with HOE being delayed til Sept 22nd that means BOP is coming out a full 2 weeks sooner. So it will have 1st shot at my $50, and like I said I am bored anyway as there is currently nothing I want to play, and nothing out between now, and Sept 8th. So basically if the reviewers say BOP's arcade mode is solid, and the SP campaign is solid then BOP will get my $50 over HOE.
From what I've seen, HOE () has little to no fan base. And I mean little, I've seen nothing that shows HOE being a good WW2 game. Unlike BoP, which has several good video's showing the game play. If you want a better scenario to test your flight skills, and have a better game play experience, it shouldn't be a contest between which comes first.

(Of course this is coming from someone who has the Demo, and highly enjoyed it. Thnx by the way everyone who put work into the game )

From what I've seen, HOE will not have their planes, handle like the real thing. If you want any detail and realize to your plane, the choice should be obvious. Playing this little game of just getting attention is just sad and childish. If you want HOE so bad, then I suggest you go onto the HOE forums (Does it even exist?) and talk to others. But this is about Il-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, we're not interested in HOE, and its weak arcade. BoP will have a much better arcade, and more to do and more intricate detail to the planes and controls.

So please, I'm asking you to quit annoying many of us with your constant pop-ups of BoP vs HOE. It's not interesting, just annoying.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
I suggest you go onto the HOE forums (Does it even exist?) and talk to others.
Yea it exists.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=t...187#4661001187
Old 08-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Approved Member

It was rhetorical.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Approved Member

hmm...there are only one thing i can say, judge for yourself.....*sigh*

VS