Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Tree_UK

Well some people think that Oleg has been holding back on updates because of ROF, if that is the case the updates should come flooding in now that the release is of ROF is imminent. Watch this space.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

I'm out...very turned off by the on-line thing, would have bought it if it were under different circumstance. And I'm really more into WWII aircraft anyway, so I'll just enjoy IL-2 till SOW comes along in 2 years and 2 weeks

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 04-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Approved Member

Well i am dead happy we get a quality sim on the market, can't say that i am excited about SoW since we've not seen anything litterarly from the game except models and some rare videos which isn't much..
Old 04-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virre89 View Post
Well i am dead happy we get a quality sim on the market, can't say that i am excited about SoW since we've not seen anything litterarly from the game except models and some rare videos which isn't much..
Don't forget that all the videos of SoW I know of are from the time before the development actually started. Many of the 3D studio models are also from before the development started so we are actually left we a few "blue screens" from 2008 of 3D models and those AAA installations with plain grass...

Fan boys chime in: "how dare you implicitly DEMAND stuff or information from Oleg?" (who by the way is so busy he has not had time to change his underwear since development started in late 2007)...
Old 04-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo kyu View Post
Do you remember this thread?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6642

That says 50% of the people who cared enough to vote, won't be buying it.
That's wrong.

50% stated they won't buy it to show hope that neobq will change their minds or just to play rebellion a bit. It has no reliability on how many of those actually will buy the game.

I've got to say, that I can understand the claims that some people don't have internet access, yet would like to play the game. For those, this logging method is really a pain.
But for those damning the DRMs, it's a bit different:
1. Most current games use MUCH harder DRMs. The games are bound to your hardware and you have to unlock to play. Usually you even have to make up an online-account, even though you never play online.
2. The other games mostly additionally have a limited number of installations. DCS:BlackShark, for example uses both, limited activation and online activation.
Of course we can debate about the pros and cons, reasons behind that, etc. but it's the way it is. Looking at the micro-payware-addons neobq will offer, STEAM is the most reasonable choice, like it or not.

But to those who claim to not give away informations on the internet to anybody and post that on a forum is sort of judging with two measures. You have to create an account, accept a legal contract, your IP is logged and your email, too, of course. Not even mentioning watermarks on images in forum-signatures and information sent by your system, your browser and your router each time you log in here.
You do that freely, but don't want to connect to the internet to play a game?

And you don't really believe that steam scans your PC, do you? Come on, you can even set steam to offline-mode, so you can play Steam-games offline!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Approved Member

I wonder how many of those swearing not to buy RoF because of it's online verification don't even have a computer that can meet the minimum specs anyway?
Old 04-26-2009, 04:55 AM
Approved Member

Maybe if "Canvas Knights" gets of the ground we may see a change in attitude about offline play from the "Rise of Flight" team, I certainly hope so. There are already at least 8 WW1 planes in development now, these are some.
Albatross C3
DeHavilland DH 400
HP 400
Sopwith Pup and Snipe
Nieuports
Fokkers
Spad etc.
These will be available for online/offline play, single/multi player and full mission building as I read the development
Old 04-26-2009, 05:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
your talking about a cake you never tried...pffttt..go home and upgrade your net
you seem to think that whatever limited reality exists in your own mind, makes you understand how the rest of the world functions without having ever seen it

no, not everything Turd wants to play with is automatically of any interest to others. and with the 2mb cable access i have the web access doesnt need to be upgraded, so thats not what it is about, odd eh

i think the scenery and 3D world looks pretty crappy, and being forced to always be on a pc that is connected 24/7 to the internet is just not convenient, not giving offline play is idiotic to. most il2 buyers play it ofline and never even ventured online (going by oleg's previously stated statistics)

seems like a con trick to me, they didnt mention it during development at all, and i betcha they wont clearly label it on the game box either so people will be conned into buying something they dont want or cant use 90% of the time.

Last edited by zapatista; 04-26-2009 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:42 AM
Approved Member

If it is so obviously not for you, why do you keep banging on about it? Wouldn't it be a better use of your time to just go away???
Old 04-26-2009, 06:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
the game utilize some of the latest graphic solutions on the market.
if you'r living in siberia maybe, the scenery looks like crap to me, old il2 trees on top of flat painted tiles that have no detail in them

Quote:
you had to bash it since the DRM doesn't suit you.
i dont care about what DRM is or will be, but i will only buy good products that are convenient for me to use whenever and wherever I want to, rather then just when some greasy haired con men think so.

to me you sound like a fanboy who'd give his soul just so he can play with a new toy, while not minding he is getting shafted by a demon at the same time

Quote:
Have some faith in the developers for god sake,
why ? it was a hyped product all along. it attracted attention because there was a lack of new fligtsims in the last yr or 2. pre release testing shows it is VERY buggy and they are trying to rush it out the door to recoup some money while they can. its got a wiff about it that reminds me of the wings over vietnam fiasco

Quote:
I tell you this, if you wanna miss out on such a great title just because of the copy protection so be it, you're loss dude and you won't be missed.
Truth is the once that were gonna buy it and really want it they buy it no matter what protection it has, i for once wouldn't miss out on it
wew is you and your bestest friend going to buy it ? and all the other kids at your skool that dont buy it isnt going to be cool and hip, just 'cause you'r cracking a stiffy at the thought of pretending to be the red baron ?

might be good enough reason for you, but the rest of the world makes their decisions based on somewhat different criteria.
- the scenery it looks like crap to me, its flat, lifeless, and has lots of old il2 trees bunched up to pretend and make it 3D.
- the planes look nice enough, but only in the same way that the il2 current planes with updated skins look nice, its got no leap forward in detail in the same way that olegs new BoB planes do
- no offline play
- no lan play, no direct pc connection play
- no dynamic campaign for solo or coop play (only on the internet)
- some big brother thing it will tag my pc and track whatever happens on it and with it, without my permission
- you need to pay to fly new planes they make, even if others already fly them against you online

no thanks, they sure aint getting my 50$

the only thing i thought looked pretty good from some of the previews, is the demo vid where they show the little balloons tracking airflow around the aircraft, and this changing with the engine being rev'd on the ground (postulating there is complex airflow/object interaction being modeled in the sky, but that is a wait and see issue to see how well it improves flight modeling). but i saw no mention of the complex airflow and weather modeling oleg is building, so that could be a fizzer to.