Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
boring ....

most people here that i know whom are interested in flightsims wont be buying it because its an online game only

pretty lame idea, i think they already lost 50% of their market before it is even released

when it functions like any other game you can play whenever and wherever it suits the person who purchased it, let me know. looking at the screenshots it also looks a very dated gfx engine, like a souped up version of il2. and i wont be giving them another 50$ each time they bring out a new plane either
So it's boring just because their policy doesn't suit you?

First of all you're statement is nothing but a child's post crying out loud, the game doesn't use the IL2 engine, the game utilize some of the latest graphic/engine/physics solutions on the market. If you've any knowledge about development, hardware & software you'd know but of course you had to bash it since the DRM doesn't suit you.

As for the sales thing, they've without no doubt lost customers however it's not near as much as 50%, it's more or less just a way for you to make yourself feel better about it. A more exact number would probably be around 5% of the potential customers has been lost. Truth is that today the majority of gamers are connected to the internet 24/7 , however many won't utilize it for gaming online BUT that doesn't mean that they don't have a broad band connection.

Their choice of online authenticity ain't anything new it's been utilized in games for the past 10 years, it's no secret that the simulation market would be moving here sooner or later and it's a good thing indeed. Sure some of the buyers might not buy it simply because they don't have an broadband connection which would render the game useless since it requires an online connection.

Then there's the argument about wither or not the product could become useless if the servers are shutdown and you couldn't play whenever you want. Tell ya what you pay for the internet , it can go time at any time , heck you pay for the electricity it can go down at any time as well, seriously even your house could collapse on you theres no guarantee for anything here in the world.

Have some faith in the developers for god sake, and even if their servers would go down for maintenance whats the big deal. The the question pops up again; what if it goes down forever?

So be it, but don't you think the developers have thought about the future. Removing the login system wouldn't be a hard task for such a talented team and if the worst case scenario would become true they'd just remove it and wola you can play you're SP all day long for eternity just like Mass Effect.

I tell you this, if you wanna miss out on such a great title just because of the copy protection so be it, you're loss dude and you won't be missed.
Truth is the once that were gonna buy it and really want it they buy it no matter what protection it has, i for once wouldn't miss out on it just because such a lame complaint.

Last edited by virre89; 04-25-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Hysteria. Calm down.
I was being sarcastic.

I just don't appreciate being called a crybaby just 'cause I don't agree with their policy. Okay?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

It is very interesting how people are stirred up to defend a bad solution.
One might say: where there is smoke there must be flames!
There has been not one sound argument pro that drm cr@p but many to
depreciate the people who are against it.
Something that has to be defended in this form isn´t worth the time to write this sentences.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virre89 View Post
As for the sales thing, they've without no doubt lost customers however it's not near as much as 50%, it's more or less just a way for you to make yourself feel better about it. A more exact number would probably be around 5% of the potential customers has been lost.
Do you remember this thread?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6642

That says 50% of the people who cared enough to vote, won't be buying it.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo kyu View Post
Do you remember this thread?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6642

That says 50% of the people who cared enough to vote, won't be buying it.
You base it on one vote poll at 1c forums with 60 participants?
Try the poll at a the RoF community and you'd get 90% buyers votes instead so just to make it clear these polls doesn't justify the sales by any means, and we hanging around these forums doesn't make up for the majority of the customers anyway. But sure i could go and receive a 90% won't buy cod4 in a poll if placed it right by all means.. such as at a simulation forum..

Last edited by virre89; 04-25-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Hysteria. Calm down.
C´mon, guys, it looks like a terrific game!
I can´t understand all the opposition to it.The last videos show a very complex damage moddeling , take a look.
I´m very exciting about this one, since I bought OFF ,who becames an addiction to me.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

The opposition is not about the game's content or quality, but about the cr@p neoqb added afterwards. There is not one advantage of "phoning home" for the customer, just for the maker (copy protection). This is the dealbraker for most people who were interested.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Approved Member

With RoF being released in RU first, I'm sure there will be a cracked version before the western market sees it on their computers.

Hey, just adding flames to the fire. Nothing more.

Personally I'm not happy with the DRM management, but I'll read to see what happens once it's released before I judge if it's too invasive for my needs. So far I'm on the nay side.

What I'm not sure of, and I've probably missed it somewhere is: Will there be a BOXED version of the game? That's a deal breaker there for me. I don't have the speediest connection and don't care to D/L a copy of the game. Call me old fashioned but I like having shiny discs and boxes with hard printed manuals.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

Whats the relevance of ROF to 1c Company ??
Old 04-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Whats the relevance of ROF to 1c Company ??
None at all, and it's sure interesting that they let discussions about their only competition continue undisturbed... Maybe because SoW is a couple of years from release?

Having said that - I'm looking forward a lot for the release of RoF, with or without online copy protection. With so few companies out there producing flight sims we can not afford to NOT buy the few games that trickle out nowadays...