Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:03 AM
Tvrdi

Exclamation ROF is out on may 7th

ROF will be out in Russia on May 7th....Now the waiting for BOB would be easier...hehe Knights! Cross your swords!

http://riseofflight.com/blogs.aspx?lang=en-US
Old 04-25-2009, 05:17 AM
Approved Member

boring ....

most people here that i know whom are interested in flightsims wont be buying it because its an online game only

pretty lame idea, i think they already lost 50% of their market before it is even released

when it functions like any other game you can play whenever and wherever it suits the person who purchased it, let me know. looking at the screenshots it also looks a very dated gfx engine, like a souped up version of il2. and i wont be giving them another 50$ each time they bring out a new plane either
Old 04-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

Flight simmers are a strange, closed minded bunch. Always crying out for more, but terrified of change.
They will bite the hand that feeds them and then say, I told you so! when the hand is withdrawn.

I will do my best to support the product until the rest of you cry babies grow the guts to get on board.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

"....but terrified of change."

I've also noticed this behavior with the FPS guys, playing the same CS map during 10 years.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Tree_UK

I think it is well worth a look, these guys have done a tremendous job on what i believe to be the old IL2 engine, just shows there was still life in the old dog. The physics look promising as well as the damage modeling. It will give us something new to chomp on for the next year or so before SOW finally gets released.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
boring ....

most people here that i know whom are interested in flightsims wont be buying it because its an online game only

pretty lame idea, i think they already lost 50% of their market before it is even released

when it functions like any other game you can play whenever and wherever it suits the person who purchased it, let me know. looking at the screenshots it also looks a very dated gfx engine, like a souped up version of il2. and i wont be giving them another 50$ each time they bring out a new plane either
your talking about a cake you never tried...pffttt..go home and upgrade your net
Old 04-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

WWI aircraft just never interested me. I bought the Red Baron and other titles, but I got so bored so quick.

The planes were slow, firepower was weak, the battlefields were small and depressing with all the trench warfare and such.

When I was a kid I like to build the WWI Spads and such as model airplanes, because you could get those little mosquitos to manuever like crazy.

Online game only just tells me there are many things that make a great air combat sim that are not in the package.

Thanks, but no thanks to the early era of flight, online or offline.

Give me a powerful 109-G2 with some gunpods and cannon... now that's a package to do airwarfare.

Last edited by nearmiss; 04-25-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
I think it is well worth a look, these guys have done a tremendous job on what i believe to be the old IL2 engine
RoF is absolutely NOT using the Il-2 engine. It was considered as an option very early in it's development, but the idea was abandoned. SimHQ have perpetuated this misinformation by leaving a stickied thread to that effect on their RoF page - despite the fact that the information is years out of date.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs down Bullcr@p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Flight simmers are a strange, closed minded bunch. Always crying out for more, but terrified of change.
They will bite the hand that feeds them and then say, I told you so! when the hand is withdrawn.

I will do my best to support the product until the rest of you cry babies grow the guts to get on board.
Tell you what - as long as they want me to give up the most basic security measure just for their anti-piracy scheme they ain't gonna see my hard-earned cash. It's so simple - forget about the "phoning home" cr@p and the data collection that is going to run in the background and I am interested again. I am not interested in having my personal data collected by neoqb (which is the reason why I never register games). I am not interested in providing them with a "user profile" for marketing reasons. And I am certainly not going to grant them the right to undermine my very personal PC security just for their own needs.

And re "crybabies" ... I suppose you'd also applaud when neoqb comes up with a new scheme which scans your PC regularly and asks your bank for your solvency. "Hey, that's the future," you'd possibly say, wouldn't you? Maybe one day, when corporations and their DRM cr@p rule your PC, you might understand why I am opposed to such stuff.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
I suppose you'd also applaud when neoqb comes up with a new scheme which scans your PC regularly and asks your bank for your solvency...
Hysteria. Calm down.