Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAF_FB_Orville View Post
Interesting, that was very kind of Russia and a fitting memorial for a very sad and tragic day. Didn't know that myself. I wonder however if the US and British Governments will be so kind as to build a similar monument to remember the (at Least) 120,000 to 1 Million dead Iraqi civilians since the illegal and unwarranted invasion, depending on which source and methodology you proscribe to. Thats more per annum than at any time Saddam was in power during his 35 year reign. Somehow I don't see it happening.
have you been to Iraq? have you seen what the US and British governments have built there? it is much more than a single statue...(not intended to belittle the kind gesture that Russia gave)
Old 03-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagold2004 View Post
have you been to Iraq? have you seen what the US and British governments have built there? it is much more than a single statue...(not intended to belittle the kind gesture that Russia gave)
Hi usagold, no I have not been to Iraq nor served there, this does not however exclude me from having an opinion as to the validity of the war, in which both the US and British citizens were repeatedly LIED to as to the rationale for invasion and that is a matter of fact. Please people, do not get me wrong.....I have nothing but respect and admiration for the soldiers there doing a tough job which they have to because they were ordered to. I have a good friend Stephen Johnston a Royal Marine who served there and I am telling you now it is extremely unpopular with the troops and I could tell you things that would make your eyes water. Another David Hickman is serving with the Parachute Regiment in Helmand Province, Sangin Afghanistan. Of course I support THEM and always will, just not the BS that brought them there. Afghanistan is different. I am not nor ever have been "Anti-American", I have many great American friends whom I love dearly. Chocataw is right, this is off topic but I certainly meant no offence, and certainly not to the troops, just doing their duty. I merely stated an honest opinion. I can still criticise my own government these days, its still legal, right? I am British myself in case no one noticed.

Anyways, peace out all, said my bit.

Last edited by RCAF_FB_Orville; 03-24-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Approved Member

right on. if people didnt have different opinions, the world would still be flat and the moon would be made of cheese
Old 03-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Approved Member

Hehehe, What, you mean it isn't?????? Gaaaah!!! Well, there goes another childhood dream......Next your gonna tell me the Easter bunny aint real and Santa is my Mom!!! Hahaha....agreed mate, cheers
Old 03-24-2009, 02:11 AM
Global Moderator

Bearcat put up a good thing, and then we get the twist on it.

Solve the world problems on some blog that caters to it. There are about a million of them.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2009, 02:49 AM
Approved Member

Smile

And a big thankyou to the firemen who put that out.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
PS I apologise for the "language" that was wrong, I lost my temper but what I said was true. Western civilian lives are not "worth" any more than Iraqi civilian lives, show me otherwise doolittle or shut up please.....Human tragedy is not the sole preserve or property of one Nation, sorry if the truth hurts but I stand by what I said.

Out.
Do you know anything firsthand of war or do you just hear about it in the media? I do agree that ALL people are equal. I even tried explaining this, through an interpreter, to local children in the villages I would patrol. I don't see anything about American lives being worth more than any other.
I must ask again about what you know that I don't. What makes you able to pass down judgment on, ultimately, the American soldiers, and even some of your own British soldiers whom I have had the privilege of working with. It is easy to judge when sitting in the comfort of your own living room, having never put your life on the line for your nation AND for others, or am I wrong, and you are a combat veteran like me.
I am still at a loss that you would turn a "Thank You" thread into anything else. I expect posts like your original on YouTube, not here.

Edit...
It still effects me deeply that another country has sent us such a beautiful gift. Simply incredible. Has it been since the Statue of Liberty that the US has received a monument/statue from another country?

Last edited by choctaw111; 03-24-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Interesting, that was very kind of Russia and a fitting memorial for a very sad and tragic day. Didn't know that myself. I wonder however if the US and British Governments will be so kind as to build a similar monument to remember the (at Least) 120,000 to 1 Million dead Iraqi civilians since the illegal and unwarranted invasion, depending on which source and methodology you proscribe to. Thats more per annum than at any time Saddam was in power during his 35 year reign. Somehow I don't see it happening.
I don't see it either.. and I don't see anyone going to jail for it either.. so.. there you have it but to be blunt.... that isn't what this thread is about so please... take it elsewhere. If you want to talk smack whether you are right or wrong please don't come into a thread that I started in good faith to do it. Be a man about it and start your own thread about whatever issue you may be having..... but don't trash mine.

Everyone else.... don't feed it and it won't grow...

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-24-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Interesting.

You didn't complain about the thousands slaughtered, raped and tortured by pirates in the Buccaneers-thread, and I never saw you participate in one of the all evil Nazi-Germany threads with a similar attitude either? Kind of a selective good'n'bad policy?
Old 03-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation

Guys, this forum is for games! This topic is very important, but this is not right place to discuss it. Thread is closed and moved to "Other Topics".