Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Default I know this is not neccessarily the place but... THANK YOU RUSSIA...

I just found out about this this week... and this is the ojly place i frequent that is connected to Russia.... so...

THANK YOU RUSSIA FOR THIS.

~!S!~
Old 03-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Global Moderator

I have never seen this.

Sad to say it.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

Interesting, that was very kind of Russia and a fitting memorial for a very sad and tragic day. Didn't know that myself. I wonder however if the US and British Governments will be so kind as to build a similar monument to remember the (at Least) 120,000 to 1 Million dead Iraqi civilians since the illegal and unwarranted invasion, depending on which source and methodology you proscribe to. Thats more per annum than at any time Saddam was in power during his 35 year reign. Somehow I don't see it happening.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Well, me being a cynic I had to check to see if this was real. It is!! Good find, Boss. I guess such things remind us that we can actually step away from the edge sometimes and do something not purely in our own interests. Way to go, Russia. Now hurry up with SoW before I lose this brotherly feeling.
Flyby out
Old 03-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

Good find Bearcat! I want to thank the people of Russia for a stunning, beautifull memorial. I am ashamed of out news media for not covering this, but not surprised. I will be in Bayonne tomorrow by the shipping docks, I will try to eyeball it.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 03-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

And while we're on the topic a REALLY big THANK YOU for

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanislav_Petrov

A true planet saving super hero!The most under appreciated man on Earth?Even if he were not still alive the media neglect of this gentleman who lost his job as a result of his heroic actions would be shameful.That he lives in relative poverty is a crime .

PS Bearcat this is about 10 minutes drive from where I live in Ireland .

http://www.kildare.ie/donadea911/
Old 03-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAF_FB_Orville View Post
...I wonder however if the US and British Governments will be so kind as to build a similar monument to remember the (at Least) 120,000 to 1 Million dead Iraqi civilians since the illegal and unwarranted invasion, depending on which source and methodology you proscribe to. Thats more per annum than at any time Saddam was in power during his 35 year reign. Somehow I don't see it happening.

Sad, sick person...full of hate and not even knowing it. You are to be pitied.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoolittleRaider View Post
Sad, sick person...full of hate and not even knowing it. You are to be pitied.
Err WHAT????!!!! Excuse me??? And who the F*** might you be??? Explanation please??? I think I know who is to be pitied, its douchebags like you who assume things without knowing what the hell they are talking about. I clearly said 9/11 was a tragedy you mental midget, for your information people other than Americans died too, something like 70 Britons and many other nationalities. I shed tears that day, as did many others throughout the world, so F*** you ar**hole, do not tell me what i do or do not hate without knowing me. My point about Iraq was completely valid, show me otherwise. I do not have to explain myself to you Doolittle, lets get that straight, its a public forum and I expressed my opinion, you don't like it then tough. Deal with it.

*Counts to 10 slowly*
Old 03-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAF_FB_Orville View Post
Interesting, that was very kind of Russia and a fitting memorial for a very sad and tragic day. Didn't know that myself. I wonder however if the US and British Governments will be so kind as to build a similar monument to remember the (at Least) 120,000 to 1 Million dead Iraqi civilians since the illegal and unwarranted invasion, depending on which source and methodology you proscribe to. Thats more per annum than at any time Saddam was in power during his 35 year reign. Somehow I don't see it happening.
Please do not turn this into a "Hate America" thread. If you haven't been to Iraq, then you have no business talking down on not only the US, but other nations involved there as well. The civilians for the most part, deeply appreciate the foreign forces involved there.
Back on topic.
I am very impressed (and touched) by Russia's gesture. I am equally upset that this was not covered by the media.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Approved Member

PS I apologise for the "language" that was wrong, I lost my temper but what I said was true. Western civilian lives are not "worth" any more than Iraqi civilian lives, show me otherwise doolittle or shut up please.....Human tragedy is not the sole preserve or property of one Nation, sorry if the truth hurts but I stand by what I said.

Out.